Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Modern slavery? Let us change it! Parents visa

Modern slavery? Let us change it! Parents visa

Old Jun 23rd 2016, 1:01 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Modern slavery? Let us change it! Parents visa

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Your taxes are to cover you, not your parents, not even your children as they will pay taxes of their own in due course. They, like everyone, will repay for the education they received and will pay in advance for the healthcare needed in later years.

People that have not spent a working life in Australia have contributed nothing to the system through direct taxation over the years, hence there is a large fee. It is rational and can be justified.

Emigrating requires a level of independence from parents and siblings and extended family. When considering emigrating, one has to assume that parents and extended family cannot be brought along.

Suggest you look up the definition of slavery too.
Fantastic post!
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 1:13 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

I'll chip in. I agree with other posters, I as dual citizen of Finland and Oz have a father overseas and I would not agree to bring him over as he has not contributed to the system (hence I agree with the "pay high or wait long" policy)
You mention the Indian forums.
Well, I don't have a racist bone in my body so keep that mind, but, large Asian immigration towards Australia, and their close knit families, is the reason why them family migration laws have been tightened over years.

As far as I see it, we, the expats decided to move and leave loved ones behind. I never expected for my parents to follow, after all, I left, why should they leave everything familiar based on my choices?
And I certainly wouldn't expect the laws of another country to change to suit my choices, nor to make it free. You chose to move, your choice. The country let you in, yes, let you in, as they didn't have to but you had something to offer.
They do not need to let anyone in, that's how it's designed. Australia takes in what it needs and if it doesn't need a burden to healthcare and non tax contributing person then expect to pay for it. In fact, be lucky you'd even be considered as most won't have that chance.

And lastly, I live in Australia, I care what australia does for the good of Australia. US, New Zealand and their rules towards their countries don't even bleep on my radar.
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 1:23 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I actually think it's very sensible personally. I think that the other countries that don't do something similar have it wrong, not the other way around. ...
Exactly! ... Though in fairness, new immigrant retirees in the US face a mountain of health insurance premiums and charges not covered by insurance (even US citizens/ long term residents are recommended to have $250,000 of savings on the day they retire to meet their health insurance premiums and expenses during retirement. It could easily be another $50k, or more, during the first five years for a new immigrant pensioner, before they are eligible for the government subsidized insurance for pensioners. ), so the financial loss to the US is much less than the UK which offers "free" medical treatment, after a small access charge for new immigrants - common sense says it should be much greater for retirees.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jun 23rd 2016 at 1:28 pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 2:26 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Why on earth should people be allowed or 'free' to live where they like with no controls in place? What a barking idea. As for the cost and time of the CPV, it is what it is and there are a lot of people prepared to go through those hoops. If it was slavery no one would bother.

Made me chuckle before bed anyway so thanks for that.
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 8:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leonella
Slavery in a sence that people are forbidden to freely live where they want. Basically I get the message that everyone here is happy to pay huge ammount just because they have enough money. Ok . I will probably need to go to Indian expat and other countries expats maybe they illbe more supportive.
Are you happy to have millions of elderly Indians suddenly living in Australia suddenly requiring western hospital facilities?

Would you be happy to forego your free medical and your childrens free medical to pay for that?
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Why on earth should people be allowed or 'free' to live where they like with no controls in place? What a barking idea. As for the cost and time of the CPV, it is what it is and there are a lot of people prepared to go through those hoops. If it was slavery no one would bother.

Made me chuckle before bed anyway so thanks for that.
You should visit the Bye Bye Liberals thread. There's a bunch of people over there that think that's perfectly acceptable.
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 10:55 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
You should visit the Bye Bye Liberals thread. There's a bunch of people over there that think that's perfectly acceptable.
I visit it a lot. I shake my head and walk away a lot as well.
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 11:14 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz

My guess is that movement, particularly for those that aren't likely to be able to contribute, is likely to get harder over time. As population turns from an asset to a liability governments will want only those that can contribute, and would quite like to get rid of those that can't. Not sure how long it will be till it's "one in, one out", but probably within the decade.
Old Jun 24th 2016, 1:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leonella
Dear Bermuda shorts why then NZ , UK , USA is not charging over 42 000 $ for a visa? Are you serious? If you are happy to pay or wait over 30 years then pease do not contribute to the adjustments, I personally think there should be a change

Immigration to Australia is big business, in case you hadn't noticed. As such liabilities are and never will be welcomed.

I suppose it all gets down to if unable to cope/live without parents then probably easier to remain home. (or a country that facilitates such a move)

Meanwhile it would appear little in the way of preventing our Ponzi immigration system to continue to does what it does best regardless of benefits to the country.
Old Jun 24th 2016, 1:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP

My guess is that movement, particularly for those that aren't likely to be able to contribute, is likely to get harder over time. As population turns from an asset to a liability governments will want only those that can contribute, and would quite like to get rid of those that can't. Not sure how long it will be till it's "one in, one out", but probably within the decade.
You forget the need to sustain house prices and bring competition to the workplace and wages.
Old Jun 24th 2016, 2:06 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Immigration to Australia is big business, in case you hadn't noticed. As such liabilities are and never will be welcomed.

I suppose it all gets down to if unable to cope/live without parents then probably easier to remain home. (or a country that facilitates such a move)

Meanwhile it would appear little in the way of preventing our Ponzi immigration system to continue to does what it does best regardless of benefits to the country.
And what are the advantages of nearly 1 million Syrian muslim refugees for Germany?

Actually, I should direct my question to the young German women of Cologne
Old Jun 24th 2016, 2:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Amazulu
And what are the advantages of nearly 1 million Syrian muslim refugees for Germany?

Actually, I should direct my question to the young German women of Cologne
Probably, there's certainly no point in asking the question in a thread in Aus about Parent visas.
Old Jun 24th 2016, 2:18 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Probably, there's certainly no point in asking the question in a thread in Aus about Parent visas.
Cool but post the same response to post #24 (the post I was replying to) as well
Old Jun 24th 2016, 2:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Cool but post the same response to post #24 (the post I was replying to) as well
Can't it just be taken as read? I'd have to delete my post, then multi quote and reply again. Seems a bit long winded. Similar to this reply really.

Any back to the nonsense idea that the CPV is like modern day slavery and how everyone's mum, dad, uncle, aunt and budgie should be able to come over here free of charge and whenever they like....
Old Jun 24th 2016, 2:44 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... and how everyone's mum, dad, uncle, aunt and budgie should be able to come over here ....
Budgies are native to Australia.

/helpful

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.