Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Misheard song lyrics......

Misheard song lyrics......

Old Sep 21st 2010, 11:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Misheard song lyrics......

REM's The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonite contains the song lyrics most frequently misheard by listeners, according to a survey. Four out of ten people admit confusing the words to the 1993 track, mistaking the line ''Call me when you try to wake her'' for ''Calling Jamaica''.
A spokesman for Cerumol Olive Oil Ear Drops, which carried out the survey, said: ''Some of the misheard lyrics in this poll are really quite amusing, but I'm sure the songs weren't intentionally written to confuse fans.
''Song lyrics and sounds in general can be interpreted in many ways and what one person hears can be different to the next.
''When you finally find out the true meaning of a song after singing it incorrectly for years it can be quite satisfying, although you may feel a bit foolish.''

Top 10 most common misheard lyrics:

1. REM - The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonite

Real lyric: ''Call me when you try to wake her
Misheard lyric: ''Calling Jamaica''

2. Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze

Real Lyric: ''Excuse me while I kiss the sky''
Misheard Lyric: ''Excuse me while I kiss this guy''

3. Aerosmith - Dude Looks Like A Lady

Real Lyric: ''Dude looks like a lady''
Misheard Lyric: ''Do just like a lady''

4. The Foundations - Buttercup

Real Lyric: ''Build me up buttercup''
Misheard Lyric: ''Fill me up buttercup''

5. Adele - Chasing Pavements

Real lyric: ''Should I give up, or should I just keep chasing pavements''
Misheard lyric: ''Should I give up, or should I just keep chasing penguins''

6. Bon Jovi - Living On A Prayer

Real Lyric: ''It doesn't make a difference if we make it or not''
Misheard Lyric: ''It doesn't make a difference if we're naked or not''

7. ABBA - Dancing Queen

Real Lyric ''Dancing queen, Feel the beat from the tambourine, oh yeah''
Misheard Lyrics: ''Dancing queen, Feel the beat from the tangerine, oh yeah''

8. John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John - One That I Want

Real Lyric: ''You're the one that I want''
Misheard Lyric: ''You're the wobbly one''

9. Nirvana- Smells Like Teen Spirit

Real Lyric: ''Here we are now, entertain us''
Misheard Lyric: ''Here we are now, in containers''

10. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

Real lyric: ''Spare him his life from this monstrosity''
Misheard lyric: ''Spare him his life for this one cup of tea

Anyone got any more good ones?
Old Sep 21st 2010, 11:32 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Misheard song lyrics......

That Ricky Martin fella (think that's who it was?) who sang that 'She bangs' song...

Lyric - 'Cause she looks like a flower but she stings like a bee'
I thought - 'Cause she looks like a flower but she stinks like a pig'

(it really does sound like that )
Old Sep 21st 2010, 11:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
That Ricky Martin fella (think that's who it was?) who sang that 'She bangs' song...

Lyric - 'Cause she looks like a flower but she stings like a bee'
I thought - 'Cause she looks like a flower but she stinks like a pig'

(it really does sound like that )
i remember "So lonely"by The Police being commonly misheard as "Sue Lawley" (gawd, that dates me, I bet!)
Old Sep 21st 2010, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Rose Royce's 'Love don't live here anymore' - the line that goes 'Just a vacancy' I always thought was 'Just down Baker Street'.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 12:10 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Respiratory assistance definitely required in Steve Winwood's song, "Bring Me A Higher Love."

Have a listen, and tell me he's not singing, "Bring Me An Iron Lung!"
Old Sep 21st 2010, 3:11 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cappuccino
Rose Royce's 'Love don't live here anymore' - the line that goes 'Just a vacancy' I always thought was 'Just down Baker Street'.
I always thought it was 'just look back and see..love dont live here anymore' oops
Old Sep 21st 2010, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

One auntie used to sing instead of Bee Gees, "more than a woman"
"bald headed woman" - I'm not joking!

John Travolta, "I got chills they're multiplying"
"I got shoes they're multiplying" that was another mad auntie and my sister..
Dexys Midnight Runners "Oh Gino" ...... "hold your nose"!

Still PMSL
Old Sep 21st 2010, 5:40 pm
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by vickyandrob
One auntie used to sing instead of Bee Gees, "more than a woman"
"bald headed woman" - I'm not joking!

John Travolta, "I got chills they're multiplying"
"I got shoes they're multiplying" that was another mad auntie and my sister..
Dexys Midnight Runners "Oh Gino" ...... "hold your nose"!

Still PMSL
Billy Jean..Michael Jackson...
"But the CHAIRS not my son"...........!!!!
Old Sep 21st 2010, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sarab40
Billy Jean..Michael Jackson...
"But the CHAIRS not my son"...........!!!!
It does quite sound like that though!!!
Old Sep 21st 2010, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Paul Young:

"Every time you go away, you take a piece of me with you"

"Every time you go away, you take a piece of meat with you"
Old Sep 21st 2010, 9:03 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Hot Chocolate used to believe in Milko.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 9:04 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

B52's Rock Lobster

is : "Everybody had matching towels"
is not : "Everybody had magic trowels"

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Hot Chocolate used to believe in Milko.
ditto
(I'm still not convinced it is Miracles)

Last edited by kimilseung; Sep 21st 2010 at 9:14 pm. Reason: add Hot Chocolate
Old Sep 21st 2010, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vickyandrob
It does quite sound like that though!!!
My gran singing as hanging out washing some years ago (very loudly)....

You set my tits on fire - you have the key to my heart......
Old Sep 21st 2010, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brilliant, keep them coming, love threads like this
Old Sep 21st 2010, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

When my daughter was little, she asked me what a 'haraleum' was, from the Nickelback song: This is how you remind me, of a haraleum. It does sound like that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.