Manchester

Old Jun 8th 2017, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manchester

Originally Posted by OzTennis
A thought provoking article for anyone with an open mind to consider:

Why British Muslims Hate Extremism More Than You Do | HuffPost UK

(watch the 'fake news', you can't believe that source etc comments)
Without even reading it (I don't read Huff post) I have no doubts they do. Plenty of good Muslims out there. Not sure anyone is saying otherwise. What's your point?
Old Jun 8th 2017, 2:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Just got kick out of a restaurant near Trafalgar Sq by cops with nice looking machine guns. They have shut down the whole square and streets adjoining.
Old Jun 8th 2017, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

No-one has said otherwise, perhaps it's you that is closed minded
Old Jun 8th 2017, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

About bloody time.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/07/hundreds-of-muslim-leaders-gather-on-london-bridge-to-condemn-attacks-6691965/

Finally some leadership.
Old Jun 9th 2017, 11:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Without even reading it (I don't read Huff post) I have no doubts they do. Plenty of good Muslims out there. Not sure anyone is saying otherwise. What's your point?
Without even reading it you know what it's about! The point is in the article so if you aren't prepared to read it why do I have to spell it out for you?
Old Jun 9th 2017, 2:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Without even reading it you know what it's about! The point is in the article so if you aren't prepared to read it why do I have to spell it out for you?
Remind me again, what is your point?
Old Jun 9th 2017, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Remind me again, what is your point?
It's in the article. (Catch 22)
Old Jun 10th 2017, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's in the article. (Catch 22)
I'd like to hear your point. Not someone elses.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 8:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'd like to hear your point. Not someone elses.
No, you don't want to hear my point, you think I've got half a brain because I didn't vote for May.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 9:14 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Just got kick out of a restaurant near Trafalgar Sq by cops with nice looking machine guns. They have shut down the whole square and streets adjoining.
I get that you support all UK police carrying guns. But I find it very sad and a bit disturbing that the sight of machine guns and cordoned off areas excites you.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

The article though doesn't contradict the that it is quite possible, some would say probable that 1% of the Muslim population in Britain is a threat or potential threat. That is one out of 100, certainly the security services need to focus attention on that group, as well as add more security personnel at every level.

The continued comments that most Muslims in Britain doesn't support terrorism in one sense is irrelevant because no one is saying they do, and the issue is how to deal with the threat. Perhaps the Muslims as a whole need to do more to deal with the extremists or beliefs within Islam that are contrary to commonly accepted British values.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 12:05 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Huffington Post
Old Jun 11th 2017, 2:50 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
The article though doesn't contradict the that it is quite possible, some would say probable that 1% of the Muslim population in Britain is a threat or potential threat. That is one out of 100, certainly the security services need to focus attention on that group, as well as add more security personnel at every level.

The continued comments that most Muslims in Britain doesn't support terrorism in one sense is irrelevant because no one is saying they do, and the issue is how to deal with the threat. Perhaps the Muslims as a whole need to do more to deal with the extremists or beliefs within Islam that are contrary to commonly accepted British values.
Not sure where you got the 1% figure from, but if it is the post earlier in this thread, the quote was "a small fraction of 1%". If you do the maths, it is actually 0.1%. Whether or not that still troubles is down to you.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Not sure where you got the 1% figure from, but if it is the post earlier in this thread, the quote was "a small fraction of 1%". If you do the maths, it is actually 0.1%. Whether or not that still troubles is down to you.
Simple: assumed 3,000 out of 20,000 meant 20,000 and then assumed the figure was understated so could be 30,000 which is 1%. It wasn't in the same realm as the other poster who had the 3,000 all doing what a handful have done and said that could be 66,000 Brits killed. I'm not trying to minimise the threat or the danger from the nutters by any means.
Old Jun 12th 2017, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Simple: assumed 3,000 out of 20,000 meant 20,000 and then assumed the figure was understated so could be 30,000 which is 1%. It wasn't in the same realm as the other poster who had the 3,000 all doing what a handful have done and said that could be 66,000 Brits killed. I'm not trying to minimise the threat or the danger from the nutters by any means.
The 1% figure just an assumption- the British security service official interviewed on BBC stated that 500 cases were being "actively" investigated which involved 3,000 people , and that another 20,000 were individuals identified "of concern". I don't think unreasonable to assume there are some the British security services haven't yet identified, so say 7,000. At 30,000 if the Muslim population in Britain 3 million, that would be 1%. Just roughly seems the figure of 1% in probability a more accurate figure to use that .1%.

Kind of worrisome one would think that 1 out of 100 may have already shown some indication of being or having distinct potential to become terrorists.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.