Manchester

Old Jun 7th 2017, 1:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manchester

Originally Posted by GarryP
Or maybe you ought to work on your reading comprehension? Yeah maybe, maybe not though

If I think someone is a far right racist, I tend to call them on it outright.

[I]As I tend to with regressive left apologists[/I]

No, it's because it does work to isolate them, which is why they might lash out, which in its own way is useful (you can then jail them). You might disagree, but there are many instances to point to of cults being killed by being pushed out of society.

These are probably cults with minimal membership, this particular cult has quite a following, and is not shamed by people pointing and laughing, quite the opposite in fact

No, much of it I would say is due to the daft law 'inciting religious hatred'. Part of enabling ridicule is to make ridiculing religion protected, rather than banned. And that then applies to all religions.

There's one religion in the spotlight here, stop pretending otherwise, inciting racial hatred is something these hate preachers have down to a fine art, the right wing reaction is quite simply that, a reaction. Every action has an equal and opposite one

Lashing out within a community, rather than at the wider population, is partly what you want to achieve.

[B]Are you saying that I want to achieve it or that it's what we should be achieving? Your use of the word 'you' is confusing /B]
Just about says it

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Jun 7th 2017 at 2:18 am.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 2:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
Where in my post did I mention anything about religion? YOU bring that up, not me.

To those of us who live in Normal-land, "heading for a violent showdown with the cops" is an excellent reason to deport a non-citizen.

Non-citizens who commit violent crimes in Australia should be deported. I don't care if they are Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Pink, Purple, or Martian.

Yehp 100 pct correct I did bring that up myself, I also totally agree with your point about violent people being deported.

I'm not sure why you managed to get your knickers quite so soggy over my quote ? There you go though takes all sorts I guess.... God knows how far much you'd squirt if I really touched you up.

Point I was making is this bloke was on a collision course with the law from the point where he considered himself "fitted up" over the Holsworthy army base incident. I dont know whether he was or not, but apparently that's what he was telling his drug fuelled mates around these parts.

This bloke hated the law more than he supported Isis.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jun 7th 2017 at 2:16 am.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 2:13 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Just about says it
Indeed.

If you won't listen, there's not much point in explaining it to you, is there?

Oh, and saying "stupid statement" when it's explained how winning the battle of ideas, rather than swat team and guns, is what YOU owe ME an apology for.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 2:48 am
Account Closed

Indeed.

If you won't listen, there's not much point in explaining it to you, is there?

Oh, and saying "stupid statement" when it's explained how winning the battle of ideas, rather than swat team and guns, is what YOU owe ME an apology for.
Says the bloke who listens to no-one. It's not a battle of ideas, it's a backwards ideology twisted from a book of fairytales, bent on world domination and the destruction of the West. How on earth are we going to reason with insanity ?

You need to come down from cloud cuckoo land, there will be war on our streets if the likes of you get your way, and of course you'll deny any responsibility. People are being driven to the far right by the inaction of the existing governments. Trump, LePen, Wilders, even UKIP and Brexit should all be cautionary tales of what can happen if the left run rampant and ignore genuine concerns. As always though you lot will blame racist tendencies of the great unwashed, it's actually rather sickening.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Jun 7th 2017 at 3:03 am.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 3:13 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
Old Jun 7th 2017, 3:29 am
Account Closed

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
I'd actually agree with that, or I would have done a few years ago when this was a mole hill sized problem, but successive governments frightened of being seen as intolerant or racist have allowed it to grow into a mountainous problem. Whatever fuzzy, complicated and correct solution you've thought up is way too little, way too late I fear.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to throw my two bobs worth in amongst you guys. I think this whole scenario with Muslims has been made far far worse by the PC brigade. It's not helped assimilate, indeed it's caused "Special" status. First mistake IMO was calling "The" abbreviation a racial slur.... Sure it was used as a racial slur by some in the community, it was quite widely used as such in the 70's. That fad would have passed though, instead we are stuck with being ever so careful with our language and treatment from that point on. Indeed it got worse as every little nuance was catered for and given priority over the status quo. This hasn't helped with assimilation, as with previous generations of migrants, infact it's caused massive division.

Lets go back to the beginning and see how Brits would have reacted if they would have been called Brit Bastards, or Ugly Little Englanders, do you think they would have banned the words Brit or Englanders. It's little things like this that has caused cultural fracture over the years and now the UK is stuck with a much larger alienated culture, which has been amplified by the PC cult of correctness. Sure there are issues in other Western societies, but no where near as bad as the UK and France.

I've talked to recent migrants from the UK to Aus (nurses mostly) and they are quite generally surprised at the level of Muslim assimilation in this country compared to the UK..... It all starts with the language in Australias case IMO.

The above is where the Left has got it dead wrong.... and I'm from the Left.

Remember we had a spate of Indian bashing not so long ago, no laws changed, no culture changed.... The fad just passed as it would have in England and Indians are now far more assimilated into the Australian culture without "Special" status.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jun 7th 2017 at 5:46 am.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 5:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I'd actually agree with that, or I would have done a few years ago when this was a mole hill sized problem, but successive governments frightened of being seen as intolerant or racist have allowed it to grow into a mountainous problem. Whatever fuzzy, complicated and correct solution you've thought up is way too little, way too late I fear.
And that is pretty much what it boils down to. Fighting intolerance with tolerance is not working.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 5:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Beoz
And that is pretty much what it boils down to. Fighting intolerance with tolerance is not working.
Thing is we have to help the majority moderate muslims speak out against the radicals. As anyone speaking out against them radicals in their community become the No 1 enemy. Instead they carry on as though nothing is happening and the poor brave few that do put their heads up above the parapet become the main target of the Islamic facists. They are running scared and probably rightly so at this point in time, you have to realise this.

In otherwords the last thing we should be doing is alienating a whole community because of a seriously problematic few.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 6:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Beoz
Yep. Have a look at this video, I myself found this very moving. It's because I found it so profoundly moving that the hate preachers need to be irradicated, to enable the rest of us to live free of their oppression, in peace. It saddens me deeply that to call for hate preachers to be removed is seen as an attack on all Muslims. Have we really sunk so low?

Old Jun 7th 2017, 6:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Thing is we have to help the majority moderate muslims speak out against the radicals. As anyone speaking out against them radicals in their community become the No 1 enemy. Instead they carry on as though nothing is happening and the poor brave few that do put their heads up above the parapet become the main target of the Islamic facists. They are running scared and probably rightly so at this point in time, you have to realise this.

In otherwords the last thing we should be doing is alienating a whole community because of a seriously problematic few.
This is exactly why the hate preachers need to be removed, so that moderate Muslims can flex their freedom of choice, not live in fear.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

RIP to all the victims of these senseless attacks. Too many beautiful young lives violently taken, including one from our local community here in Brisbane. I know some of her young friends and was hoping for a better outcome.

I watched a really interesting interview on the ABC on Sunday night with Michael Sukkar. As a man of lebonese descent he was quite un politically correct about the threat of terrorism in Australia.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 9:17 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Originally Posted by Kim67
I watched a really interesting interview on the ABC on Sunday night with Michael Sukkar. As a man of lebonese descent he was quite un politically correct about the threat of terrorism in Australia.
You mean the catholic liberal MP and friend of Bolt who was saying there was an obvious link between refugees and terrorists?

Somehow his being unPC doesn't sound surprising...
Old Jun 7th 2017, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

This is exactly why the hate preachers need to be removed, so that moderate Muslims can flex their freedom of choice, not live in fear.
If I am not mistaken, hate preaching has some sort of expulsion or criminal ramifications these days anyway.

I am in London right now, and I do sense a fair degree of disgust from many Muslims, which is good. The extreme element can only be influenced by their own.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

You mean the catholic liberal MP and friend of Bolt who was saying there was an obvious link between refugees and terrorists?

Somehow his being unPC doesn't sound surprising...
Is he wrong? He apparently stated facts that all 22 people currently charged with terror related offences in Australia are either refugees or their children. I hate radical anti islamists as much as I do radical islamists, but the facts can't be ignored, there are a bunch of whackos murdering our children in the name of Islam and a way needs to be found to stop the attacks. If that means revamping immigration policies, then so be it. I have three young adults that want to be free to travel this planet in peace.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.