Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

List of convicts on the First Fleet

List of convicts on the First Fleet

Old Feb 1st 2017, 1:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: List of convicts on the First Fleet

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I can't help thinking that the birth of the modern nation was really on the day of federation, however this would deprive us of a public holiday, so probably the less said about that, the better...

S
29 August would work for me. When Australia first beat England in cricket.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 2:35 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I can't help thinking that the birth of the modern nation was really on the day of federation, however this would deprive us of a public holiday, so probably the less said about that, the better...
Have to say, I've no problem in the date when the first fleet turned up and set up shop. That was an inflection point in the development of Australia - a change from business as usual that resulted in the country we are now in.

The political change that was federation was just paperwork.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 4:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beoz
29 August would work for me. When Australia first beat England in cricket.
I like May 8, awesome
turncoat
Old Feb 1st 2017, 9:33 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

None of my family names there, nor my married name. I do believe some of my family on my mother's paternal side came out here, but as part of the military and possibly a few years after the first fleet.