Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's spice things up by resurrecting the Gay marriage debate

Let's spice things up by resurrecting the Gay marriage debate

Old Jul 28th 2015, 5:35 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's spice things up by resurrecting the Gay marriage debate

Originally Posted by paulry
Well they could if they start off as different genders, have children and then one of them has a sex change. That would make them a gay couple with their own natural children, right?

The next bonkers LGBT can of worms will be genderless birth certificates and birth certificates with two mothers and no father, or two fathers and no mother.
What are these thing needed for?
Birth certificates can have one parent, so no father is common practice now. Isn't the parents to establish who is responsible for the child? So whoever it is should be on the certificate.
I assume the gender is to help identification, I would think this day and age that DNA is more reliable than f or m. a readable card would seem to be more suitable for identification with modern technology. Rather than gender, weight, height, or whatever is written on the certificate.
Old Jul 28th 2015, 8:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
A gay cousin of mine (English, in England) gave me formal notice a couple of years ago that I should add his new child to the family tree. (I'm the family genealogist.) Ohh-kay, but, er ... He explained that his 'best friend' - female, also gay and in a loving relationship - had wanted a child, and by him, and that he was perfectly agreeable to do whatever was necessary (I didn't enquire how the deed was done), and did it, and in due course she did produce a child, and my cousin was registered as the father. At last report, the baby was being brought up by four parents.
So the child knows their biological parents? Sounds like a perfect plan but what's your point?

If people want to to keep reciting cases where children know their biological parents go ahead. It has no bearing on cases where children don't know a biological parent and the issues children (and adults for that matter) have with it.
Old Jul 28th 2015, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
That's not quite correct, gay people can naturally have children, but just not with their gay partner.
Last time I checked, placing your genitals in the nether regions of the same sex produced squat. .... well it may produce a good time for some.
Old Jul 28th 2015, 8:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Why not?
Because that would lead us down the road of polygamy, and whilst I'm all for polygamy as much as I am gay marriage, the hypocritical left would not be happy.
Old Jul 28th 2015, 9:09 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
So the child knows their biological parents? Sounds like a perfect plan but what's your point?

If people want to to keep reciting cases where children know their biological parents go ahead. It has no bearing on cases where children don't know a biological parent and the issues children (and adults for that matter) have with it.
Sounds like the child was/is being brought up by 4 parents, and counting...
Old Jul 28th 2015, 9:11 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Because that would lead us down the road of polygamy, and whilst I'm all for polygamy as much as I am gay marriage, the hypocritical left would not be happy.
But but they keep telling us that is the line that is simply and totally unacceptable to cross over. ....Why do I not believe them?
Old Jul 28th 2015, 9:21 pm
Banned

What are these thing needed for?
Birth certificates can have one parent, so no father is common practice now. Isn't the parents to establish who is responsible for the child? So whoever it is should be on the certificate.
I assume the gender is to help identification, I would think this day and age that DNA is more reliable than f or m. a readable card would seem to be more suitable for identification with modern technology. Rather than gender, weight, height, or whatever is written on the certificate.
If the DNA is a more accurate identification then why do we bother with a birth certificate at all? An interesting aspect (now that you've brought DNA) into the discussion is no matter how much we try to change appearances we cannot change nature. That person will always possess the true gender that they were born with.
Old Jul 28th 2015, 9:23 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

If the DNA is a more accurate identification then why do we bother with a birth certificate at all? An interesting aspect (now that you've brought DNA) into the discussion is no matter how much we try to change appearances we cannot change nature. That person will always possess the true gender that they were born with.
Well correct me if I misunderstand, but we are not born with any gender, we are assigned it.
Old Jul 28th 2015, 9:25 pm
He/him

If the DNA is a more accurate identification then why do we bother with a birth certificate at all?
Probably cost.
Old Jul 28th 2015, 9:26 pm
Banned

Well correct me if I misunderstand, but we are not born with any gender, we are assigned it.
Well, pardon me. Pray, tell us more....
Old Jul 28th 2015, 9:26 pm
He/him

Well, pardon me. Pray, tell us more....
about what exactly?
Old Jul 28th 2015, 9:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

But but they keep telling us that is the line that is simply and totally unacceptable to cross over. ....Why do I not believe them?
Because the left argue for me me me me and focus on the individual and micro matters rather than looking at the 40,000 ft view of things. That's when things unravel.
Old Jul 28th 2015, 9:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eh?
Old Jul 28th 2015, 9:34 pm
He/him

Eh?
Gender is an area I fear to tread, an area that confuses the hell out of me, so I am not the person to explain, despite the word causing even more confusion for apparently at least two of you. But it is not a synonym for sex.
Old Jul 28th 2015, 9:36 pm
Banned

Because the left argue for me me me me and focus on the individual and micro matters rather than looking at the 40,000 ft view of things. That's when things unravel.
Where's that wise sage emoticon when I need it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.