Lent........

Old Mar 6th 2014, 12:34 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lent........

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
It's funny that you seem to be getting very sci-fi with your analogy:

People have replaced religion with sci-fi, fantasy, TV, newspapers, electronic gadgets....
This has people trying to fix themselves by other means and still not getting to the root of the issue...

I think people forget that religion or 'spirituality' tells people that to sin etc is to be human...it's not as if religion fixes everyone automatically.
Sci-fi? Analogy?

Neither really, it's pretty much a summary of what I (and psychologists) think is going on. Basic human drivers and needs never go away - they keep popping up again and again.

PS 'sin' is a religious concept
Old Mar 6th 2014, 1:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
Lovely image there Caroline, of an arse with multiple arseholes, thanks for that!

With regards to a diet with no flour. It is HARD!

Today I went to order my lunch as usual, I ordered a chicken salad wrap and just as I was about to take a bite I realised I wasn't supposed to be eating flour. So I just ate the filling, chicken salad. I then had a banana for afters and that was it until tea time, I was bloody starving, I'm going to have to be more organised if I want to make this work.

What kind of things do you eat for your gluten free meals?
Home made soups, curry and rice, rice noodles, baked potatoes, fish, steamed veggies, nuts, yoghurt, flourless cakes, salads, frittata, omelettes. Lots of things really.
DD has given up bread for lent, so now I won't be tempted by fresh crusty rolls......
Old Mar 6th 2014, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Sci-fi? Analogy?

Neither really, it's pretty much a summary of what I (and psychologists) think is going on. Basic human drivers and needs never go away - they keep popping up again and again.

PS 'sin' is a religious concept
Analogous in so far as people hide behind the fantasy of science fiction, mass media etc rather than a God..

Agree that sin is religious but only in the sense of the details of what is forgiveness (etc) but we also have the concept of wrong, restitution in both our civil and criminal laws (justice process) and in our basic sense of morality.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 10:10 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
Anybody giving anything up for it?

It was Shrove Tuesday here today and I have to say I made the most awful pancakes ever! I'm normally pretty good at making pancakes but these were either soggy or burnt......Not sure where I went wrong actually.. My sons weren't particularly happy, but hey ho, that's life!

So I have decided to give up flour this lent, never done flour before. I normally cop out with either coffee or chocolate but this time, I thought I'd make it tough for myself, so no flour for 40 days, anyone else up for the challenge

C'mon be brave now...
let me think.......

Nope.