Keg Party

Old Jan 6th 2018, 10:00 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Keg Party

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Sorry, but Budweiser is kak, tastes of nothing, and (IMHO) belongs in the same bin as XXXX, VB and the like.
Give me a pint of something with some taste to it - proper Stella, Grolsch, lagers of that ilk. Or a decent beer like Hobgoblin, Speckled Hen, et al - something with real flavour.
Old Jan 6th 2018, 11:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
This 65kg, over 50 female has no trouble downing 12 pints in pub walks (I don't do pub 'crawls')

Mind you, I recognise that being an Aussie gives me a decided advantage
Is that 65kg before the beer or after?
Old Jan 6th 2018, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but Budweiser is kak, tastes of nothing, and (IMHO) belongs in the same bin as XXXX, VB and the like.
Give me a pint of something with some taste to it - proper Stella, Grolsch, lagers of that ilk. Or a decent beer like Hobgoblin, Speckled Hen, et al - something with real flavour.

Totally agree re the flavour of all of those beers, I was pointing out the Alcohol content, especially re being able to drink 20 pints of 5pct Alcohol beer. Not a big fan of brewed under license beers either, there really is a difference between Belgian Stella and Aus Stella, same with the Grolsch etc, although you do get weird anomalies like Aus Heiniken tasting better to me at least than German Heineken.

I like my the Hobgoblins and Speckled Hens as well.... I even accept that the relatively low alcohol content on the Hobgoblin isn't that big a factor when you consider the flavour.

Just pointing out that it's little wonder than Scouse can now drink 12 pints of pommy piss as all the main taps are session beers in most UK pubs. which in Aus Speak is Mid Strength, like the stuff they sell at the football here to prevent people getting drunk.

If you want really tasty ales, with plenty of Hops the Americans, are the ones that really whacked in the hops and it's worked a treat.

Next time you're in Dans Polly have a go at just 2 bottles (so you get the taste) of Sierra Nevadas Torpedo.... If you've not tried it before it could well open up a new world in beer drinking. I mean that too..... Give it a go. 7.2 pct so not totally over the top like some of the Craft brewed US Ales.... which go right up to 13 pct.

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/produc...xtra-ipa-355ml

Not many beers get consistent 90pct plus ratings from people, that Torpedo does and it's easy to get here.

A keg of that is going to cost a hell of a lot.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jan 6th 2018 at 9:59 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2018, 10:57 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Is that 65kg before the beer or after?
Both, with 23 trips to the loo in between. In one end, out the other.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Stuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Not many beers get consistent 90pct plus ratings from people, that Torpedo does and it's easy to get here.

Craft brewery at $350 per 50 litre Keg.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 2:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stuck in Auckland
Craft brewery at $350 per 50 litre Keg.

Which beer is that ? Where you getting it from exactly.

Plenty of good craft beer out of New Zealand, in fact anywhere where they actually grow the hops.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Stuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond repute

Which beer is that ? Where you getting it from exactly.

Plenty of good craft beer out of New Zealand, in fact anywhere where they actually grow the hops.
straight from brewery in Blenheim.

Looks like we are driving down to pick it up.

A real boose trip. 1600kms leave thursday return friday night.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 3:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Stuck in Auckland
straight from brewery in Blenheim.

Looks like we are driving down to pick it up.

A real boose trip. 1600kms leave thursday return friday night.

Enjoy, hope to hear back how it all goes.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 5:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree re the flavour of all of those beers, I was pointing out the Alcohol content, especially re being able to drink 20 pints of 5pct Alcohol beer. Not a big fan of brewed under license beers either, there really is a difference between Belgian Stella and Aus Stella, same with the Grolsch etc, although you do get weird anomalies like Aus Heiniken tasting better to me at least than German Heineken.
Stella is a prime example. I won't drink the stuff they sel here, has to be the real thing.
I like my the Hobgoblins and Speckled Hens as well.... I even accept that the relatively low alcohol content on the Hobgoblin isn't that big a factor when you consider the flavour.

Just pointing out that it's little wonder than Scouse can now drink 12 pints of pommy piss as all the main taps are session beers in most UK pubs. which in Aus Speak is Mid Strength, like the stuff they sell at the football here to prevent people getting drunk.
Yep, beers like Hobgoblin prove it isn't all down to the alcohol conbtent, taste is just as important.
The stuff they sell at games over here - XXXX at the Gabba for instance, tastes like water. I would drink it no matter what the % if it had some TASTE!!!
And on that subject, just bought my first case of Tooheys Exra Dry in about 9 months, allegedly new crisper taste. Well, an era is at an end as I won't buy any more. Now tastes like all the other mainstream Aussie lagers. Watery.

I shall stick to Boags in future.

My latest find is Balter XPA, Gold Coast microbrewery stuff, which the Pineapple was serving during the Ashes. thumbup:

If you want really tasty ales, with plenty of Hops the Americans, are the ones that really whacked in the hops and it's worked a treat.

Next time you're in Dans Polly have a go at just 2 bottles (so you get the taste) of Sierra Nevadas Torpedo.... If you've not tried it before it could well open up a new world in beer drinking. I mean that too..... Give it a go. 7.2 pct so not totally over the top like some of the Craft brewed US Ales.... which go right up to 13 pct.

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/produc...xtra-ipa-355ml

I'll give it a go on my next order.

Hoping to be down your way this year, after July, maybe Sept/Oct time - I'll give you plenty of warning and you can line me up some good stuff to try in a decent drinking hole!
Old Jan 7th 2018, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Enjoy, hope to hear back how it all goes.
Thanks will be spending some through to our guys in Melbourne (Dorcas street area) in case you want a 6 pack to try.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 6:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Pollyana;12412802]

My latest find is Balter XPA, Gold Coast microbrewery stuff, which the Pineapple was serving during the Ashes. thumbup:

Nice drop of stuff that Rather exy tho circa 60 bucks a carton ........ only 16 in the carton ffs !!

Good to see The pig is serving it nowadays
Old Jan 7th 2018, 8:28 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=bobbyftm;12412820]

Nice drop of stuff that Rather exy tho circa 60 bucks a carton ........ only 16 in the carton ffs !!

Good to see The pig is serving it nowadays
Oooh has the Pig got it? Excellent. I agree its pricey but sometimes needs must........!
Old Jan 7th 2018, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Pollyana;12412850]
Originally Posted by bobbyftm

Oooh has the Pig got it? Excellent. I agree its pricey but sometimes needs must........!
Definitely in the one at Eagle St not sure about others.Will be in next 3 nights so will check the Mall and King George Sq ones out
Old Jan 7th 2018, 8:41 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by bobbyftm

Definitely in the one at Eagle St not sure about others.Will be in next 3 nights so will check the Mall and King George Sq ones out
Old Jan 8th 2018, 1:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Stella is a prime example. I won't drink the stuff they sel here, has to be the real thing.

Yep, beers like Hobgoblin prove it isn't all down to the alcohol conbtent, taste is just as important.
The stuff they sell at games over here - XXXX at the Gabba for instance, tastes like water. I would drink it no matter what the % if it had some TASTE!!!
And on that subject, just bought my first case of Tooheys Exra Dry in about 9 months, allegedly new crisper taste. Well, an era is at an end as I won't buy any more. Now tastes like all the other mainstream Aussie lagers. Watery.

I shall stick to Boags in future.

I'll give it a go on my next order.

Hoping to be down your way this year, after July, maybe Sept/Oct time - I'll give you plenty of warning and you can line me up some good stuff to try in a decent drinking hole!
Definitely be up for the drinking session, I reckon we should plan close to an all day session, maybe just around Brunswick. There's a pub near me that has 70 Australian beers in stock. Plus I'd say if this part of Aus.... Melbournes inner North doesn't finally win your heart for Aus then there's no hope for you I can show you pubs that you wouldn't think Aus was capable off.... a lot like that place in Hobart.... but dozens of them. Plenty of places around here with 12 different craft beers on tap.... and they actually have "Atmosphere"

Oh and that Balter, I've been drinking some of that as well, finally a great drop from Queensland

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.