Just a Quick Hi

Old Nov 11th 2007, 11:08 am
Just Joined

Greg3Glyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Just a Quick Hi

Don't know why we're so cheerful - I can confidently predict this is all going to be a nightmare!

We've taken the decision to head for Oz as soon as conceivably possible - after reading some of the threads here, I'm guessing it will be somewhere around my 50th birthday! Lol!

So, not having actually started the ball rolling yet, here is a quick assessment of our situation - does anyone think we're completely without hope?

Minus side first - I'm over the age limit, was 45 in September, although Greg is well within. We have two children aged 11 & 12 & I'm divorced from their father who is currently refusing consent. The girls are kind of okay with the idea, although not hopping around the house with enthusiasm just yet. Oh & we have a dog, who will obviously come too.

It's not looking too good, is it?

On the plus side however - we have already sold our house & are in rented - I'm hoping we have sufficient funds to get us started if & when the time comes. I'm a registered nurse & Greg is what can best be described as an IT security geek - professionally qualified. Both of our professions appear on the lists, although I'm guessing mine won't count for anything (refer to age! Lol!) Children-wise - father's name isn't on the birth certificates & he didn't stand in our way when we moved 200 miles away; he sees them at school holidays only.

What we've done to start the process so far: joined this Forum Hi everyone! & I've made an appointment for next Friday to see a solicitor regarding clarifying our legal position. We also bought the Australia magazine in WHSmiths & swooned over the houses in the Classifieds. I suppose for now, that's all we can do!

Happy Sunday & mods, if this is on the wrong Forum, please feel free to move it!

Glyn
Old Nov 11th 2007, 11:11 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just a Quick Hi

Welcome

Where do you plan on heading???

or was that in the orig post and i missed it being pissed again on a Sunday!

oh and where in Kent are you

I'm from Chatham in Kent!!!

gosh i must be pissed i'm admiting to where i'm from straight away!!!
Old Nov 11th 2007, 11:32 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Greg3Glyn

Don't know why we're so cheerful - I can confidently predict this is all going to be a nightmare!

We've taken the decision to head for Oz as soon as conceivably possible - after reading some of the threads here, I'm guessing it will be somewhere around my 50th birthday! Lol!

So, not having actually started the ball rolling yet, here is a quick assessment of our situation - does anyone think we're completely without hope?

Minus side first - I'm over the age limit, was 45 in September, although Greg is well within. We have two children aged 11 & 12 & I'm divorced from their father who is currently refusing consent. The girls are kind of okay with the idea, although not hopping around the house with enthusiasm just yet. Oh & we have a dog, who will obviously come too.

On the plus side however - we have already sold our house & are in rented - I'm hoping we have sufficient funds to get us started if & when the time comes. I'm a registered nurse & Greg is what can best be described as an IT security geek - professionally qualified. Both of our professions appear on the lists, although I'm guessing mine won't count for anything (refer to age! Lol!) Children-wise - father's name isn't on the birth certificates & he didn't stand in our way when we moved 200 miles away; he sees them at school holidays only.

What we've done to start the process so far: joined this Forum Hi everyone! & I've made an appointment for next Friday to see a solicitor regarding clarifying our legal position. We also bought the Australia magazine in WHSmiths & swooned over the houses in the Classifieds. I suppose for now, that's all we can do!

Happy Sunday & mods, if this is on the wrong Forum, please feel free to move it!

Glyn
Hi GLyn,

what a lovely post.. and welcome to the Forum.

Perhaps best asking on the immigration forum, not sure how the age thing works nowadays, australia keep moving the bloody goal posts !

Good Luck

Ste
Old Nov 11th 2007, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Hi & welcome to BE. There may be flexibility with your age because of your profession but agree with TFA, try posting on the Immigration forum, as one of the agents will probably give you some advice!
Good luck
Old Nov 11th 2007, 11:56 am
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point

Glyn
Welcome to BE

It may look like a long road ahead, however with a positive attitude and a touch of reality, a bit of luck and a following wind, you maybe able to make a new life 'down under'.

But there's so much to organise, be prepared for disappointment, it ain't easy in your current circumstance.

Another port of call could be a migration agent to help with your application. As your a Registered Nurse, and its a job in demand, I think your AOK despite the age thingy, but as another poster said things change...

Do your research ask questions and trust your instinct, if its meant to be then it will happen if thats what all of you want....

Good luck with the Solicitor, hope the father gives consent.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

Greg3Glyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks folks for the welcome

I'm taking your advice & pasting this through to the Immigration thread.... although to be honest, I've already done one of those automatic tests to see if you qualify & the one where I entered my true age said "No".

Just spending some time reading through the various threads & looking at the big black clouds outside the window. I also read your blog Sam - what a great time you seem to be having - I'm inspired in my moment of gloom! Lol!

Glyn
Old Nov 11th 2007, 12:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks folks for the welcome

I'm taking your advice & pasting this through to the Immigration thread.... although to be honest, I've already done one of those automatic tests to see if you qualify & the one where I entered my true age said "No".

Just spending some time reading through the various threads & looking at the big black clouds outside the window. I also read your blog Sam - what a great time you seem to be having - I'm inspired in my moment of gloom! Lol!

Glyn
If you really want it, you will find a way!
Old Nov 11th 2007, 12:19 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Hey if i can help in any way

PM me!!!

P.s will be updating Blog with piccies this week some time!!!