Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

January 08 Applicants

Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

ler01kjh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by Millie11
sorry I meant PCC FL? not ppl..... Is that police checks?
"police clearance check"?
Old Jan 16th 2008, 8:58 am
Just Joined

Nattyocean is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: January 08 Applicants

Hi ya all,

Well my OH and I are *fingers crossed* submitting our applications for him to be in Oz in a couple of months, hopefully at the end of this week, early next week.

He is a little stressy right now trying to complete his stat dec regarding our relationship evidence - but what he read to me the other day was great!

So very very excited cause it just means it is sooner for us to be together again- which has been 2 and a half months apart so far. but hey 2008 is the way forward

So good luck to all others applying this month and late last year. May we all get our wishes sooner rather than later

Cheers Nattyocean
Old Jan 16th 2008, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

the derbys will become famous soon enoughthe derbys will become famous soon enough

Hi there, we applied on 2nd Jan on a 457 visa hoping to go to Perth , hubby is a plasterer and got a job to go to,medicals and xrays already in sydney just awaiting visa now , sick of waiting already.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

bkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nice

Hi everyone,

Got email from agent today to say that our online application has been sent!!!
Can't believe we're January applicants too... It's all becoming real!
Our house is sold and we're going over to Sydney for a month in february, OH sister is out there and she has kindly offered to look after our wee dog for us until we arrive permanently - He goes into kennels tomorrow and then leaves on monday which is the worst part of the process yet! Would gladly do a few more hours visa paperwork than think of him on the long flight!!!
Anyway it's all progress and we'll be able to get him out of quarantine when we're over there in february! He'll be a proper aussie by the time we arrive!!!

Good luck to all other Jan '08 applicants!!!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bkelly
Hi everyone,

Got email from agent today to say that our online application has been sent!!!
Can't believe we're January applicants too... It's all becoming real!
Our house is sold and we're going over to Sydney for a month in february, OH sister is out there and she has kindly offered to look after our wee dog for us until we arrive permanently - He goes into kennels tomorrow and then leaves on monday which is the worst part of the process yet! Would gladly do a few more hours visa paperwork than think of him on the long flight!!!
Anyway it's all progress and we'll be able to get him out of quarantine when we're over there in february! He'll be a proper aussie by the time we arrive!!!

Good luck to all other Jan '08 applicants!!!
Blimey you don't hang about Get in there
Good luck hope everything got well with "wee dog's" flight etc
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:35 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midwife-mandy
Good luck
Our online application is now logged dated 18 Jan 08 and I have downloaded the med referals. I am going on a 457 sponsored business visa so hopefully it shouldn't be too long, we are anticipating flying out 25th March to start my new job 1 April!! Nothing like cutting it fine!! Good luck to all others!
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

ler01kjh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paddyo
Our online application is now logged dated 18 Jan 08 and I have downloaded the med referals. I am going on a 457 sponsored business visa so hopefully it shouldn't be too long, we are anticipating flying out 25th March to start my new job 1 April!! Nothing like cutting it fine!! Good luck to all others!
We've received an automated confirmation of our application, which says we need to submit all supporting documents within 28 days - and this includes medicals and police checks. Is this right or do we just wait for them to ask?

The email details:
Regulation 2.15 of the Migration Regulations 1994 provides a time limit of 28 days after the date of this email for you to submit the documents previously listed. If you do not respond within this timeframe, the ASPC may proceed to decide this application on the basis of the available information.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:37 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the derbys
Hi there, we applied on 2nd Jan on a 457 visa hoping to go to Perth , hubby is a plasterer and got a job to go to,medicals and xrays already in sydney just awaiting visa now , sick of waiting already.
Christ that was quick!! Must of been lucky with the meds and xrays!! I contacted our med hospital today but as I had only just got the referral it wasn't on their system yet! I must of been a bit too keen!!
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:40 am
Jo short

joshort will become famous soon enoughjoshort will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Beccie
Hi
Thought I'd start a thread for Jan 08 just submitted mine and of course its Jan 08 already their!!

Wondered if anyone else is applying in Jan as well?

The Pope Family
(Richard 35, Beccie 35, Fred 16 & Megan 11 )
Hi,

My husband I have just submitted in Jan 08 (using an agent) my hub is a carpenter so were hoping for him to do his assesment in April... but i guess we have a 6-8 month wait ahead...

hoping to head for either goldcoast sunshine coast bissy ??? not sure

Jo
Old Jan 18th 2008, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

EdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really nice

A good day, finally some movement! Both sets of meds received today, other half's were finalised but mine are still showing as outstanding, hopefully not too long now as hoping to fly out 3rd March. 457 so hopefully very quick and the awful weather is making the wait seem far longer than it actually is.

Edna x
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:07 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EdnaAverage
A good day, finally some movement! Both sets of meds received today, other half's were finalised but mine are still showing as outstanding, hopefully not too long now as hoping to fly out 3rd March. 457 so hopefully very quick and the awful weather is making the wait seem far longer than it actually is.

Edna x
Our medicals were received on the 14th January and signed by someone named James How do you know when the meds have been finalised? Does the status change on the page that say's what's outstanding?
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:24 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ler01kjh
We've received an automated confirmation of our application, which says we need to submit all supporting documents within 28 days - and this includes medicals and police checks. Is this right or do we just wait for them to ask?

The email details:
Regulation 2.15 of the Migration Regulations 1994 provides a time limit of 28 days after the date of this email for you to submit the documents previously listed. If you do not respond within this timeframe, the ASPC may proceed to decide this application on the basis of the available information.
Having read your thread i had a quick look at my confirmation email and it say's the same as yours, which to be honest, i'd completely missed Fortunately we decided to front load our medicals and police checks before we submitted the online visa, medicals done on 3rd Jan and police checks applied for (got hubbys back, just waiting for mine) without being asked, or so i thought! If i'd read the email properly and not already applied for meds etc, i would've taken this message as being the request to get them done - Any other views on whether my interpretation is correct?

As it is, when we submitted the on-line visa on the 23rd December, we also uploaded the receipt confirming the medicals were booked in on the 3rd January, and also the police acknowledge receipt to say they'd be sent to us within 40 days. I'm under the impression that as long as they know you've applied within the 28 days, you don't actually have to submit the results within 28 days - Again, anybody got any views of this?
Old Jan 21st 2008, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

sambagirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey folks,

Was just scanning thru this thread as Im hoping to start my application for a 475 very soon...just waiting for documentation to arrive....but it seems I've come to the right place for advice!

FlyAway, I think you're done what I'm hoping to do - get a 475 with nomination from the SA government.

For anyone that can help, I am applying under the 'Business and Infomation Professionals' occupation which I understand is only sponsored by the SA State government.

The thing that I have been trying to clarify is if I manage to get nominated by SA, do I HAVE to work in the state, or can I go to anywhere in regional Australia? It seems that for the Skilled Sponsored (Permanent) visa 176 one has to work in SA, but for the Skilled Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa 475 I can work anywhere in regional Australia, not just SA. Is this the case? SA does sound like a great place to start off but Im concerned for some reason I might not find a job I like or I find I don't like the place. I would just like to know if I would have the option of moving to another part of regional Australia should I decide SA is not the place for me?

Also, once I submit the full application, am I looking at a minimum of 4months for an answer? Just posted this last bit on another thread ('Processing times' or something) but there was some chat on here about SA nominated applications so thought I'd try my luck here

Thank you sooooo much for any insight!!!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

vlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the rough

It is in, it is in, it is in!!! Feels like a load of my shoulders! Visa application lodged 18 January and now the LONG and agonising wait starts!We are using an agent as age is a factor, so we can not afford making a mistake and our case is a bit more complicated with a ex-wife and children etc. We pay him to worry with us....
Old Jan 21st 2008, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vlooi
It is in, it is in, it is in!!! Feels like a load of my shoulders! Visa application lodged 18 January and now the LONG and agonising wait starts!We are using an agent as age is a factor, so we can not afford making a mistake and our case is a bit more complicated with a ex-wife and children etc. We pay him to worry with us....
Woohoo!! Well done! It's a great feeling isn't it? Welcome to the Janurary club.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.