Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

January 08 Applicants

Old Jan 14th 2008, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

EdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really nice
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by stubbieholder31
Hi all, just begun this roller coaster ride and sent off all the documents. Have applied for the 457. Heading to Melbourne once the visa is granted (fingers crossed). It's quite scary isn't it!
Just a matter of waiting nowi guess
Me too! It's been exactly a single week since the app went in and the waiting's killing me already. Meds were front loaded and the defacto docs were attached to the online application so hopefully it will be quite quick. The crap weather here in London isn't helping either! Best of luck and keep us posted on how you get on.

Edna
Old Jan 14th 2008, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

ler01kjh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EdnaAverage
Me too! It's been exactly a single week since the app went in and the waiting's killing me already. Meds were front loaded and the defacto docs were attached to the online application so hopefully it will be quite quick. The crap weather here in London isn't helping either! Best of luck and keep us posted on how you get on.

Edna
Have you had an acknowledgement yet? I was expecting an automated email, but nothing has come. I can just access the uploading section for the documents.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AshyB
Hey Sam,

apologies for being a bit thick but, who do you need to get in touch with to find out when a CO is due to be appointed?

for both our sakes, let's hope some miracle happens and they start working their socks off in the new yr!
Hi

You don't have to contact anyone about getting a CO, they contact you once your application has been allocated to one.
The only reason we were told about when it was likely we would get one was because we had to make numerous (costly!) phone calls to ASPC trying to sort out our application as we had problems after applying.

Lets hope they have gone to back after the Xmas break full of energy to get through the mountains of applications. I expect its the same as any other gov department, too much paper work and red tape and not enough staff!

Sam
Old Jan 14th 2008, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

EdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really nice

Originally Posted by ler01kjh
Have you had an acknowledgement yet? I was expecting an automated email, but nothing has come. I can just access the uploading section for the documents.
No, I haven't actually been able to log in using the TRN that my company have given me but I've seen a screen shot confirming that it's been lodged and paid for on 07/01. I've emailed immigration to request the correct TRN so that I can use the online tracker, anyone know how long it typically takes them to reply? Would I be better to phone and if so what's the best number to use/GMT time to call?

Cheers,

Edna x
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Hi
Welcome to the Jan Applicants.

Good luck to both of you.

There is a timeline running on this link if you want to add your details I think it helps other to know how long it takes.

http://www.beupdate.co.uk/

Fingers crossed the wait won't be too longggggggggg

Beccie
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:16 am
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Beccie
Hi
Welcome to the Jan Applicants.

Good luck to both of you.

There is a timeline running on this link if you want to add your details I think it helps other to know how long it takes.

http://www.beupdate.co.uk/

Fingers crossed the wait won't be too longggggggggg

Beccie
Thanks Beccie,

I've put my name on the timeline.
Let's hope I have some more info to put on there soon
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AshyB
Thanks Beccie,

I've put my name on the timeline.
Let's hope I have some more info to put on there soon
Thanks you started the ball rolling on that Millie and I were beginning to become lonely on the Jan 08 timeline
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks you started the ball rolling on that Millie and I were beginning to become lonely on the Jan 08 timeline
LOL - you reminded me to do it.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

I 've put myself on there too - but I'm a bit confused about this pre-ack and file ref columns. I applied online, and was given a transaction number; am I acknowledged and filed now???
Old Jan 15th 2008, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

I 've put myself on there too - but I'm a bit confused about this pre-ack and file ref columns. I applied online, and was given a transaction number; am I acknowledged and filed now???
Yes I would say so
Old Jan 15th 2008, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Millie11 will become famous soon enough

So am I What does PPL means??? We have been billed by DCIA (have you Becci?) - so we hope to get an CO soon. It says on their website that processing time for subclass 120 is 4 to about 6 weeks. I am very impatient - so God knows how fustrating it must be for everyone else waiting a long time
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Millie11
So am I What does PPL means??? We have been billed by DCIA (have you Becci?) - so we hope to get an CO soon. It says on their website that processing time for subclass 120 is 4 to about 6 weeks. I am very impatient - so God knows how fustrating it must be for everyone else waiting a long time
Hi Millie
I paid by Debit Card (visa) the payment was taken straight away and a receipt emailed to us.
Where do you get PPL from?
We expect to wait 6 months before we hear so think yourself lucky
At least were in the que

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by Millie11
PPL - I think this is the Police check - "penal ...?"

Could really do with a key!

(from the update spreadsheet http://www.beupdate.co.uk/visa.php?month=Jan&year=08)
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

PPL - I think this is the Police check - "penal ...?"

Could really do with a key!

(from the update spreadsheet http://www.beupdate.co.uk/visa.php?month=Jan&year=08)
Perhaps its me being thick but isn't the time line PPC?
I don't know
Old Jan 16th 2008, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

Millie11 will become famous soon enough

sorry I meant PCC FL? not ppl..... Is that police checks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.