It's agonising!

Old Jul 8th 2008, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

nickyvonp has a spectacular aura aboutnickyvonp has a spectacular aura aboutnickyvonp has a spectacular aura about
Default It's agonising!

My boyfriend and I have wanted to move to Sydney for about 3 years. He has now advanced a bit in his career and has been working for a big international finance company for about 18 months.

He had an interview with their Sydney office almost 2 weeks, but still hasn't had an answer. He spoke to the HR team this morning and they said he will know early next week. The wait is agonising, I can't sleep, it's awful!

Please keep everything crossed for us!!!

Nicky
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: It's agonising!

Good Luck Nicky!!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nickyvonp
My boyfriend and I have wanted to move to Sydney for about 3 years. He has now advanced a bit in his career and has been working for a big international finance company for about 18 months.

He had an interview with their Sydney office almost 2 weeks, but still hasn't had an answer. He spoke to the HR team this morning and they said he will know early next week. The wait is agonising, I can't sleep, it's awful!

Please keep everything crossed for us!!!

Nicky
Hi Nicky,

Good luck, I'm sure you'll get the answer your after.

I'll keep me fingers crossed for you !!!

Donna.
x
Old Jul 8th 2008, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about

Good luck

I know how it feels, it took nearly 4 weeks from my OH interview until we received the offer. I spent all day just said at the PC waiting for the e-mail even though I knew it was night and that they would be in bed ..... but you never know!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 8:02 pm
Account Closed

Nick Gill is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

The frustation with waiting over here is ridiculous, feedback from interviews, builders quotes, etc. Nothing happens quickly.

One of the least lovely things about living here and I'm completely in love with the place.

Hope you get good news soon.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 6:01 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

We had the opposite hubby interviewed over the phone told him they were offering him the job there and then that was the 2nd May we arrive into Brisbane on the 3rd August. Very quick although we are dual citizens so didnt have any visa issues to deal with.

Good luck and fingers crossed for you both x

Jo
Old Jul 9th 2008, 9:18 am
Just Joined

nickyvonp has a spectacular aura aboutnickyvonp has a spectacular aura aboutnickyvonp has a spectacular aura about

They now want him to meet one of the Partners who's going to be in London at some point next week, before they make a decision. I guess it will drag out another week or two!