Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Importing a unicorn into Australia

Importing a unicorn into Australia

Old Sep 1st 2017, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Importing a unicorn into Australia

Hi guys, I need your help and advice...

My daughter is a really sweet little girl. She's very well-behavaved and kind and no trouble at all (unlike my son !). We moved to Sydney last month leaving behind all our friends and also her dad, as he is not joining us for another 6 months.

I thought she had adjusted well, but last night she couldn't sleep and she told me that she was feeling very sad and lonely. She hasn't yet made any friends at school and a few kids have been quite mean to her. They also held a Father's Day event at school today and I know she felt sad about not having her dad there.

Anyway, it's her birthday in a couple of weeks. I feel she needs cheering up so am planning a small tea party for her. We don't really have any friends here so it might just be the 3 of us, but I still want to make it special.

I found this unicorn on the Selfridges website (http://www.selfridges.com/AU/en/cat/...viewAttribute=) and made the mistake of showing it to her and asking her if she would like it for her birthday. Her little face when she saw it! Anyway I called Selfridges to order one and they said they can't ship it!

I don't want to let her down. Ordinarily I would just say it's tough, sorry. But given how fragile she is at the moment I really want to try my best to get it.

Does anybody have any ideas of shipping companies that could complete this task in 10 days? Her birthday is on the 12th.

Sorry for the essay. And thanks for any ideas you might have.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 7:17 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Importing a unicorn into Australia

Try

https://www.hipkids.com.au/shop/ride...y-ponycycle/21

https://www.ponycycles.com.au/produc...-unicorn-large

for local suppliers of similar.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 7:49 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen some thread titles on here before and then.............
Old Sep 1st 2017, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

GaryP, thank you so much! I spent a lot of time looking last night, but couldn't find anything like that here. I will call them tomorrow... thanks again.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 9:40 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
GaryP, thank you so much! I spent a lot of time looking last night, but couldn't find anything like that here. I will call them tomorrow... thanks again.
You aren't out of the woods, you still have to get them to deliver to Sydney, and as you'll find, auspost and courier companies aren't great here. However at least they should have stock inside the country, and therefore not up against the customs barrier.

Otherwise, you could also look at
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Animal-Ridi.../dp/B018UHTY4C
who it seems will deliver to here.

Amazon can be quick, but again, getting past customs can be an issue.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 11:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
You aren't out of the woods, you still have to get them to deliver to Sydney, and as you'll find, auspost and courier companies aren't great here. However at least they should have stock inside the country, and therefore not up against the customs barrier.

Otherwise, you could also look at
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Animal-Ridi.../dp/B018UHTY4C
who it seems will deliver to here.

Amazon can be quick, but again, getting past customs can be an issue.
Yep, at present Amazon stuff is taking 3 days to reach Australia and then another 3-4 weeks to get to its destination.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I can see some on eBay Australia.