Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I'm thinking of buying a car

I'm thinking of buying a car

Old Jan 4th 2013, 8:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm thinking of buying a car

Forget the car- go for a motorcycle combination- in blue of course. My grandad used to have one- reckoned it was better than a car because he couldn't hear nan whinging about him going too fast when she was stuck in the box on the side.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Forget the car- go for a motorcycle combination- in blue of course. My grandad used to have one- reckoned it was better than a car because he couldn't hear nan whinging about him going too fast when she was stuck in the box on the side.
Sidecars are for birds too pregnant to sit on the back and for Nans...

Must be having a midlife crisis.... Fallen in love with the motorbike again... Took a ride down to stab Cheetah then roared around the countryside at speeds well over 100 being webels.... Then after our meal raced our mates back to ours...

My back MUST be improving because I had the flexibility to cope with it and not be second guessing all the time....
Old Jan 4th 2013, 8:27 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Sidecars are for birds too pregnant to sit on the back and for Nans...

Must be having a midlife crisis.... Fallen in love with the motorbike again... Took a ride down to stab Cheetah then roared around the countryside at speeds well over 100 being webels.... Then after our meal raced our mates back to ours...

My back MUST be improving because I had the flexibility to cope with it and not be second guessing all the time....
Have fun in the sidecar Nanny Eddie
Old Jan 4th 2013, 8:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Have fun in the sidecar Nanny Eddie
Old Jan 4th 2013, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I will have you know I am a Nanny AS IN Blonde Swedish aupair type.. Not pink rinsed side car material
Old Jan 5th 2013, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Pennines49 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think your a Skoda gal Ed....lol
Old Jan 5th 2013, 6:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pennines49
I think your a Skoda gal Ed....lol
My first car was a Lada... 1977 ....banana yellow... Brown vinyl roof and silver go faster stripes.....

You know Lada used to make sewing machines back in the day?
Old Jan 5th 2013, 6:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Get a motorbike!
Old Jan 5th 2013, 11:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

My first car was a Lada... 1977 ....banana yellow... Brown vinyl roof and silver go faster stripes.....

You know Lada used to make sewing machines back in the day?
They were supposedly even worse than the Czech built Skodas of that time... did you manage to get it outside of Colchester ?
Old Jan 5th 2013, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
They were supposedly even worse than the Czech built Skodas of that time... did you manage to get it outside of Colchester ?
Lol... That car lived in Ipswich and Norwich and London... And only went to colchester when we werebplaying at home....

And she was bloody brilliant....she did 135,000 miles on one clutch, gearbox, exhaust... Never broke down on me once... Eventually sold her on for 50 quid profit...

It really was like driving a tank... No bells whistles or frills... Apart from the single most effective heater I've EVER had in any car I've owned.....

Wonder why that was
Old Jan 5th 2013, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Lol... That car lived in Ipswich and Norwich and London... And only went to colchester when we werebplaying at home....

And she was bloody brilliant....she did 135,000 miles on one clutch, gearbox, exhaust... Never broke down on me once... Eventually sold her on for 50 quid profit...

It really was like driving a tank... No bells whistles or frills... Apart from the single most effective heater I've EVER had in any car I've owned.....

Wonder why that was

Blimey thats the first thing I've ever heard good said about a Lada... there again I probably went on heresay rather than an actual owner.

They're a bugger those minus 20C degree Moscow winters.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 11:52 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I will have you know I am a Nanny AS IN Blonde Swedish aupair type.. Not pink rinsed side car material
From one swedish nanny to another then