huntsman hitchhiker

Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:51 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: huntsman hitchhiker

Originally Posted by eddie007
how do you know the little bastard hasn't got a chemical weapons survival suit in his back pack? I swear the spiders here are a lot more sophisticated than the ones back in Blighty...
am with you on that one. I would have left the car in the carpark, but Robert had tattoos and would probably have hot-wired the car, gone on a ram raiding spree of all the bottlo's, before torching it and leaving it in a ditch. Every little beastie over here has attitude, even the ants.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 12:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammy T

Why did I look, why did I have to bloody look??????

Sam
I'd rather be in a room looking at the spider than in a room not being able to see the wretched thing but know it's there. AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Horrid spider story - don't read if you are scared!!

When I was 6, we went to Pembrokeshire to stay in a farmhouse B&B. This farmhouse was pretty basic in a rustic country way and was about 300 years old. Anyway, I was in a single room - on my own and the house was pretty scary anyway. Finally, I managed to get to slepp. Then WHAM the light goes on - I am really scared as there is no one in the room. Then I see the BIGGEST SPIDER I HAVE EVER SEEN - on the light switch. You guessed it, the thing was SO big it had managed to turn on the light. I screamed and screamed and sreamed until the whole B&B were awake. I couldn't get out of the door as the lightswitch was right next to the door handle. Eventually, my parents came in and my Mother starts screaming even worse than me! My father went a bit pale and muttered something about getting a glass and ran away! Then the farmers wife came in to find out what the racket was and saw the spider. She calmly bashed with a book and said, "It's only a little one!!!!"

After that, I wouldn't sleep in that room anymore - cos if that was only a little one, God knows what a big one would look like! From then on, I slept in my parent's bed, between them. I bet they were pleased!!

Last edited by Fly Away; Nov 8th 2007 at 12:27 pm.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

We set of a mortein bomb thing in the car 'just to be sure'

Mandy
Old Nov 8th 2007, 5:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You *****, you absolute ************* ******** I have no idea what the asterisks stand for but really I managed to click away as the first leg appeared :curse:

I still love you though
I don't bl**dy love her, that was pure evil:curse:
And you look such a cute little bear too
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: huntsman hitchhiker

You could've put a teensy warning on that post cos i jumped when i saw that massive spider sitting about 2 foot away from me fizog!!!
Yuk.
Next time give a warning and i promise i wont go on about christmas...

Nickie
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:29 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sammy T

Why did I look, why did I have to bloody look??????

Sam
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:32 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev
You could've put a teensy warning on that post cos i jumped when i saw that massive spider sitting about 2 foot away from me fizog!!!
Yuk.
Next time give a warning and i promise i wont go on about christmas...

Nickie
You'll learn to love them.

I wouldn't have gone near a UK spider... ugh! But they're so much more pretty here..

Sally, Moneypen's avatar isn't a bear. It's a marsupial with big claws... don't be fooled.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

[

Sally, Moneypen's avatar isn't a bear. It's a marsupial with big claws... don't be fooled. [/QUOTE]

Was referring to you Tiddly, actually!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:47 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Was referring to you Tiddly, actually!

Comment's the same. Looks are deceptive.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

itsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really nice

after a few years you don't bother about them
unless they are black then you hit them with a shovel
http://www.faunanet.gov.au/wos/factfile.cfm?Fact_ID=84

Last edited by itsjustmee; Nov 9th 2007 at 9:39 pm. Reason: wanted to add info
Old Nov 9th 2007, 11:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by itsjustmee
after a few years you don't bother about them
unless they are black then you hit them with a shovel
http://www.faunanet.gov.au/wos/factfile.cfm?Fact_ID=84
I really do hope that I get to be so laid back about them! I feel some therapy coming on first though!
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

Are them things really for real over there, where do they hang out, does hairspray paralyse then like the ones over here in england, I would s--- myself if I saw one of those, please tell me you dont see them often, pleeaasse.
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

itsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really nice

Originally Posted by yanchep
Are them things really for real over there, where do they hang out, does hairspray paralyse then like the ones over here in england, I would s--- myself if I saw one of those, please tell me you dont see them often, pleeaasse.
The big black ones you do not see I have only seen 3 in my garden in 20years
the others depends were you are they tend to leave you alone
as for hairspray i have never tried it
if they are in the house we just put a jar over them and put them outside
to catch all the insects
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: huntsman hitchhiker

We seem to forget that we do actually get spiders in the UK that bite, they may not be as venoumous....oooh cant spell.....as aus but i have heard of 2 friends this month who have been bitten...my friends little girl wasnt scared of them and went to pick one up to put it outside and it bit her..shes now a bit dubious and my friends husband went into the garage, put his hand on a shelf and got bit.

im still scared.

Nickie