Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I usually just glance at the Immi forum

I usually just glance at the Immi forum

Old Jun 9th 2013, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default I usually just glance at the Immi forum

.. mainly because I'm already a citizen and partly because I'm not usually in the mood to 'kindly guide people', even if they do call me 'Dear'

But I've just noticed the Skilled Occupation List has an acronym of SOL. Given the way DIAC is restricting just about everything, surely they should change what those letters stand for shouldn't they
Old Jun 9th 2013, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I usually just glance at the Immi forum

I agree dear!

How's things??
Old Jun 10th 2013, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
I agree dear!

How's things??
Things are ok thanks. Just had a lovely 12 day trip to the west coast of California and Yosemite Nat Park:thumb up: Trying to work out dates for a return to Oz and fit in a quick trip to the French Alps for some riding before we leave.

Riding is going well, swimming is ok, but I can't rotate my hips like I used to, so I'm working with my coach to widen my catch and try and become more of a front quadrant swimmer. Time trialling is back on track and I'm just managing some very slow walk\jogs on soft ground, but competitive running will be a thing of the past for me

We went for the scan last week (12 wks) and had all the extra tests that they give to older Mums to be and very happy to report all is well

'Junior' looks pretty comfortable, he/she has a fairly good 'aero tuck' position in there but still needs work.
Old Jun 10th 2013, 8:56 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Things are ok thanks. Just had a lovely 12 day trip to the west coast of California and Yosemite Nat Park:thumb up: Trying to work out dates for a return to Oz and fit in a quick trip to the French Alps for some riding before we leave.

Riding is going well, swimming is ok, but I can't rotate my hips like I used to, so I'm working with my coach to widen my catch and try and become more of a front quadrant swimmer. Time trialling is back on track and I'm just managing some very slow walk\jogs on soft ground, but competitive running will be a thing of the past for me

We went for the scan last week (12 wks) and had all the extra tests that they give to older Mums to be and very happy to report all is well

'Junior' looks pretty comfortable, he/she has a fairly good 'aero tuck' position in there but still needs work.
Ooh, congratulations. Didn't realise there was a mini Tr1boy on the way
Old Jun 10th 2013, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rasen78
Ooh, congratulations. Didn't realise there was a mini Tr1boy on the way
Thanks

Full story is here if you're (very) bored

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796595
Old Jun 10th 2013, 10:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

So pleased to hear you are mending and able to get active. I've just taken up swimming again - though for fitness. With MS it is important to stay as strong as possible. I'm working on a better catch with my right arm as that is the first thing to go weak and wobbly through the water. I'm also walking to develop strength in my legs which are pretty feeble after 100m. Must admit to being more of a puller than a kicker. Now that DD has retired, someone has to use the equipment, though I have not put on flippers or snorkel.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
So pleased to hear you are mending and able to get active. I've just taken up swimming again - though for fitness. With MS it is important to stay as strong as possible. I'm working on a better catch with my right arm as that is the first thing to go weak and wobbly through the water. I'm also walking to develop strength in my legs which are pretty feeble after 100m. Must admit to being more of a puller than a kicker. Now that DD has retired, someone has to use the equipment, though I have not put on flippers or snorkel.
Thanks, it does feel great and if nothing else, the whole UK experience has been worth it to find this surgeon (only two surgeons in the UK can do the operation I had so I was very very lucky one of them was on the insurance list).

Glad to hear you are getting out there and keeping the strength up as much as possible, my thoughts and wishes are with you on that:thumb up:

I was always a 6 beat kicker, but now just a two beat with a front quadrant emphasis. I've been using the band more than I ever have (only used to use it for part one of my sessions). Kick board would be your friend for leg strength also, kick from your hips and keep your legs straight