Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Hi need help collecting Dog

Hi need help collecting Dog

Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:38 pm
NO1SPARKY!

martin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud of
Default Hi need help collecting Dog

Hi guys & Gals

My dog is going to sydney for quarentine, but we will be living in Adelaide

Does anyone know of a flight that i can get on which allow dogs on so i can collect from quarentine

Regards

Martin
Old Nov 9th 2007, 6:20 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi need help collecting Dog

Originally Posted by martin4414
Hi guys & Gals

My dog is going to sydney for quarentine, but we will be living in Adelaide

Does anyone know of a flight that i can get on which allow dogs on so i can collect from quarentine

Regards

Martin
any reason you are not shipping the dog to melbourne? We are planning on just driving over and picking ours up when she comes out.

this thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=internal+dog
has a list of companies that arrange internal travel for dogs in oz
Old Nov 9th 2007, 6:49 pm
NO1SPARKY!

martin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
any reason you are not shipping the dog to melbourne? We are planning on just driving over and picking ours up when she comes out.

Cant get her in til end of febuary as there is a delay

she can go early dec 12TH by going to sydney

Mart
Old Nov 9th 2007, 6:55 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Mate dont bother.

Use www.dogtainers.com.au

They will pick up your dog, take him/her to the plane, ensure boarding and you simply collect from the domestic airport.

It will be heaps cheaper than flying yourself, the dogs not allowed in the cabin anyhow and frankly might be better off on the dog since they wont be excited to see you until they are going home with you finally.

Cant recommend them highly enough and that way it doesnt matter with quarantine center you use.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 6:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Might be talking total twaddle, but I think you could drive to Sydney in a couple of days. Might work out cheaper. Worth checking out - as I said, I might be talking twaddle, but I'm sure it's do-able.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 6:57 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

BTW Melbourne to Adelaide is a 9 hour car trip....
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:00 pm

OK - Distances here in Australia. Its not just the map thats looks bigger. Its the actually drive.

There is a reason we fly everywhere domestically. Would you rather your dog spent 1/2 days in a car, nevermind the fuel cost/time/grief or a couple of hours on a place for the same price.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:12 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
yup well aware of that
will be doing the trip 3 times in 3 months must be mad
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:14 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by martin4414
Cant get her in til end of febuary as there is a delay

she can go early dec 12TH by going to sydney

Mart
yeah we have found the delay is quite long - we have arranged for my parents to 'dog sit' until we can get her a place in quarantine - which should give us time to get sorted, find a rental etc before the dog arrives
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

bev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nice

yeah we have found the delay is quite long - we have arranged for my parents to 'dog sit' until we can get her a place in quarantine - which should give us time to get sorted, find a rental etc before the dog arrives
Hi Guys,

total change of subject but its the only thread i've seen with people taking their dogs. I've got a shihtzu and i'm worried he could get bit by a spider. are you worried your dog could ???
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:49 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by bev1
Hi Guys,

total change of subject but its the only thread i've seen with people taking their dogs. I've got a shihtzu and i'm worried he could get bit by a spider. are you worried your dog could ???
yes it is definitely a concern - especially as our dog has a habit of eating spiders and bugs ... but we cant know what is going to happen and if the worst does happen we will deal with that as and when.
for me and my dog i think it is worth the risk - i dont think she would settle very well with another family (she pines when we go on holiday even though she is left with my parents who she knows very well) and i certainly would not be happy without her!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:57 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Mate dont bother.

Use www.dogtainers.com.au

They will pick up your dog, take him/her to the plane, ensure boarding and you simply collect from the domestic airport.

It will be heaps cheaper than flying yourself, the dogs not allowed in the cabin anyhow and frankly might be better off on the dog since they wont be excited to see you until they are going home with you finally.

Cant recommend them highly enough and that way it doesnt matter with quarantine center you use.
Totally Agree.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

struth is on a distinguished road

we used dogtainers to transport our cat from sydney to townsville, excellent service provided.
Old Nov 10th 2007, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

bev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nice

yes it is definitely a concern - especially as our dog has a habit of eating spiders and bugs ... but we cant know what is going to happen and if the worst does happen we will deal with that as and when.
for me and my dog i think it is worth the risk - i dont think she would settle very well with another family (she pines when we go on holiday even though she is left with my parents who she knows very well) and i certainly would not be happy without her!
wish we flew in 26 days, thanks . Dont know if it's because i'm being selfish and dont want to be without him. He'd settle with anyone who made a fuss of him
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:51 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Speeding mate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.