Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Help from Londoners please...

Help from Londoners please...

Old Feb 12th 2014, 7:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help from Londoners please...

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
!
I'm kind of looking forward to spending a weekend in Croydon now,.
Now that's some that is rarely said.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz

I'm starting to feel nervous now....
Old Feb 12th 2014, 10:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for that you three!

I've just looked where the hotel is and it's central, near East Croydon Station. So that's a relief.

I think I will still give the lads a talking too though, about keeping their mobiles in their pockets and their gobs shut whilst on the trains etc, you know what 16 year olds are like, and they're country lads, they're about as street-wise as a flock of fluffy lambs! Thats why I was so worried.

Thanks again, I'll be able to sleep now!
Croydon is just serviced by the rough population that live nearby.

It's no different to any other drinking hotspot, but on some sort of league table it might feature below some other suburban locations like Kingston or Sutton..Although Kingston is prob upmarket now...Just don't drink too much and stay out of trouble.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Croydon is just serviced by the rough population that live nearby.

It's no different to any other drinking hotspot, but on some sort of league table it might feature below some other suburban locations like Kingston or Sutton..Although Kingston is prob upmarket now...Just don't drink too much and stay out of trouble.

I always stay out of trouble Badge! Cheers for the advice Mr!
Old Feb 12th 2014, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I always stay out of trouble Badge! Cheers for the advice Mr!
No worries:I was going to second the advice that be careful what you say on public transport and in earshot, and don't stare at someone or 'spill their pint'....
those immortal mockney cockney trashy words...no less..

I normally spill me own pint and end up glassing meself....
Old Feb 13th 2014, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
No worries:I was going to second the advice that be careful what you say on public transport and in earshot, and don't stare at someone or 'spill their pint'....
those immortal mockney cockney trashy words...no less..

I normally spill me own pint and end up glassing meself....

Yep, I'll watch my back! We won't be going out in Croydon, just using it as a base.

It will be a case of - out of the hotel on to the train into the city, then when we're done there, hop back on the train, straight back into the hotel.
Old Feb 13th 2014, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Right, I better get packing, if I'm not back by Tuesday you will know that Croydon didn't go down very well.

Have a good weekend all!
Old Feb 13th 2014, 11:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yep, I'll watch my back! We won't be going out in Croydon, just using it as a base.

It will be a case of - out of the hotel on to the train into the city, then when we're done there, hop back on the train, straight back into the hotel.
Transport links not a problem...so sounds like you have nothing to worry about....just stuff anyone would consider in a city anywhere....just switching on when you need to...
Old Feb 13th 2014, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Londonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud of

Old Feb 13th 2014, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Londonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud of

Right, I better get packing, if I'm not back by Tuesday you will know that Croydon didn't go down very well.

Have a good weekend all!
: it will be fine! Chavland nothing to worry about
Old Feb 14th 2014, 12:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Londonertogooz
half the chav population will be up in town trying to get into a swanky place anyhow...

:-)
Old Feb 18th 2014, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

You know what? It actually wasn't that bad, mind you I didn't venture far, but yeah, it was OK.

I had to laugh at an 'offer on in the local shop though, I went to go and buy the lads a can of pop and the offer was £1.45 each or 2 for £3.

Then when I took the 4 cans to the till to pay, the guy said, ' you can get another two for £6 if you want'...........
Old Feb 18th 2014, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Londonertogooz

Aye, it was fine....
Old Feb 18th 2014, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Londontogooz - have you made your mind up about going to Australia yet?