Hayfever !!!

Old Nov 7th 2016, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hayfever !!!

Copped it worse this year than I can ever remember. Nothing is bloody working.... I did get some respite via using Sudafed of all things on top of all the propriety main brands.

Having a rare night off of work because of it.... Well one where I actually am sick that is.

I've made a vow... from now on as soon as my job situation allows (fingers crossed) come October through to December I'm going to be away from Melbourne.

Can't frigging sleep because of it.... exhausted really.

Anyone else copping it bad this year ?
Old Nov 7th 2016, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hayfever !!!

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Copped it worse this year than I can ever remember. Nothing is bloody working.... I did get some respite via using Sudafed of all things on top of all the propriety main brands.

Having a rare night off of work because of it.... Well one where I actually am sick that is.

I've made a vow... from now on as soon as my job situation allows (fingers crossed) come October through to December I'm going to be away from Melbourne.

Can't frigging sleep because of it.... exhausted really.

Anyone else copping it bad this year ?
Not usually at all, but one of those ridiculously windy days in Melbourne early spring, the air was like snow with all the brownish spring flower/pollen type matter. I mentioned it on here looked like an epidemic of people sneezing and eyes watering, I had to buy eye drops. Many of the Asian community had scarves etc tied across faces.

I then took tabs from a bottle of Walmart $3 allergy pills from their pharmacy section Those things are amazing, helpful in flu type things too, or rashes.
If you are over there try its their own brand, I bring back each year. Will look up active ingredient for you end of week when back in Melb.
Old Nov 7th 2016, 7:05 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Ozzie have you tried Polaramine? There's a non-drowsy one for the day, and a 'knock you out' one that'll give you a terrific sleep.

It's the only thing that ever worked for scouse.
Old Nov 7th 2016, 7:36 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies if this isn't available in Oz - As i'm in the US here. But do suffer from Hayfever.

As i've mentioned on another part of this forum I swear by Beconase (known as Flonase in the USA). The nose spray works wonders if sprayed first thing in the morning and lasts the whole day.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 12:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for the advice..... I used to use Polaramine way back when and it did work really well...but it was no good for night shift workers once i got onto nights. I didn't realise they did a non drowsy version.

Anyway I've been to the quacks, got some flexitide and some Nasal stuff so I'll give that a burl before I try some Polaramine again.

Feeling much better already....but the wind is from the south over the sea so little or no pollen in the wind I'm guessing
Old Nov 8th 2016, 9:13 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Thanks all for the advice..... I used to use Polaramine way back when and it did work really well...but it was no good for night shift workers once i got onto nights. I didn't realise they did a non drowsy version.

Anyway I've been to the quacks, got some flexitide and some Nasal stuff so I'll give that a burl before I try some Polaramine again.

Feeling much better already....but the wind is from the south over the sea so little or no pollen in the wind I'm guessing
Hope the pollen season's over soon and you can get back to normal, Mr Sneezy Severe hayfever really is the pits.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I recommend pregnancy. My hayfever has become 98% better since spitting out a few rugrats.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 10:35 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Kim67
I recommend pregnancy. My hayfever has become 98% better since spitting out a few rugrats.
I'm sure ozzie will be delighted to hear that Kim
Old Nov 17th 2016, 3:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=spouse of scouse;12099094] I'm sure ozzie will be delighted to hear that Kim[/QUOTE

Doctor this morning was riddled with hay fever reckons one in three in Melbourne have bit. Plenty of mask wearers up the markets.
Old Nov 17th 2016, 3:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh I'm fixed..... Used a nasal spray and flexitide..... Well when I say I'm fixed I'd say my symptoms are 80 pct better. I can sleep properly again and that was a major issue.

Nasonex fixed my stinging itchy eyes and blockages and Flexitide helped my Hayfever triggered asthma persistent cough.

I'd advise anyone where the tablets aren't working to try this stuff.....

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Nov 17th 2016 at 3:29 am.