Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Hawkesbury Seaplane Crash

Hawkesbury Seaplane Crash

Old Jan 12th 2018, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Bazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hawkesbury Seaplane Crash

Originally Posted by Amazulu
No champ, no need to keep trying - I've got it right

Read Pollyana's post above, she gets it

You banging on about 'major airlines' is in your head only, because I never mentioned that. I said that there are airliners built in the 1960s that are in use today - 'major airlines' came from you

I bet you're an accountant or something like that

Hope this helps

There's no need to be nasty fella. I was merely picking you up on your bullshit.

Just to reiterate - you said:

'The DHC2 Beaver is an ultra-reliable machine'

The attached stats on this plane are not opinion - they are fact. So unless you have a perverted view of what constitutes as 'ultra-reliable,' then you're wrong.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase...hp?AcType=DHC2

You also stated that there a commercial airlines built in the 1960's flying daily today.

What I'm saying is - if that's the case, it's more than likely they're not one you'd want to be flying on e.g we're not referring to Qantas, BA, United, Qatar, Sinagapore Airlines, Emirates, Etihad, Lufthansa, Air France, Jetstar, Virgin, South African Airways, Easyjet, Ryan Air, Malaysian Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Royal Brunei, Thai Air, Air Mauritius, Air New Zealand, Tiger Air, Air Lingus, German Wings etc etc etc etc.......

So where's your list Einstein?

Studies show that air crashes start to increase after the plane reaches the age of 27 years. None of the above commercial airlines that fly daily are flying planes built in the 1960's. In other words - you're wrong again.

So I'll sign off this thread now fella, but hopefully in future you'll do some proper research before trying to sound clever.

All the best.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 8:24 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bazza Boy
There's no need to be nasty fella. I was merely picking you up on your bullshit.

Just to reiterate - you said:

'The DHC2 Beaver is an ultra-reliable machine'

The attached stats on this plane are not opinion - they are fact. So unless you have a perverted view of what constitutes as 'ultra-reliable,' then you're wrong.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase...hp?AcType=DHC2

You also stated that there a commercial airlines built in the 1960's flying daily today.

What I'm saying is - if that's the case, it's more than likely they're not one you'd want to be flying on e.g we're not referring to Qantas, BA, United, Qatar, Sinagapore Airlines, Emirates, Etihad, Lufthansa, Air France, Jetstar, Virgin, South African Airways, Easyjet, Ryan Air, Malaysian Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Royal Brunei, Thai Air, Air Mauritius, Air New Zealand, Tiger Air, Air Lingus, German Wings etc etc etc etc.......

So where's your list Einstein?

Studies show that air crashes start to increase after the plane reaches the age of 27 years. None of the above commercial airlines that fly daily are flying planes built in the 1960's. In other words - you're wrong again.

So I'll sign off this thread now fella, but hopefully in future you'll do some proper research before trying to sound clever.

All the best.
Yep. Probably an accountant or some similar non-job

You started on the nastiness champ - everything that followed is your choice to take it that way

For what it was designed for and how it generally operates, the DHC2 is an incredible machine. You can obviously only relate to aviation with machines that operate out of the likes of Kingsford Smith and on which you can get a gin and tonic. Nothing wrong with that but accept it for what it is - an accountant's (or similar) viewpoint

Fact: There are airliners built in the 1960s that operate today on a daily basis. Not many, but they're there. If you can't accept that then that's your issue turbo

No goodbye from me champ, so I'm ready and waiting if you want to return for another serve
Old Jan 12th 2018, 8:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. Probably an accountant or some similar non-job

You started on the nastiness champ - everything that followed is your choice to take it that way

For what it was designed for and how it generally operates, the DHC2 is an incredible machine. You can obviously only relate to aviation with machines that operate out of the likes of Kingsford Smith and on which you can get a gin and tonic. Nothing wrong with that but accept it for what it is - an accountant's (or similar) viewpoint

Fact: There are airliners built in the 1960s that operate today on a daily basis. Not many, but they're there.
Dragon Rapides were originally operated as airliners, if we want to be strictly correct. And some are still flying
Dragon Rapide Flights – Classic Wings
Old Jan 12th 2018, 8:49 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Dragon Rapides were originally operated as airliners, if we want to be strictly correct. And some are still flying
What a beautiful machine
Old Jan 12th 2018, 8:55 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Pollyana
There's a DC-9 jetliner, built in 1966, flying in airline service in East Africa
Old Jan 12th 2018, 9:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

What a beautiful machine
Amazing to fly in, a real step back in time.

I wish I could've done the long route to Australia, Catalina flying boats etc, something like 26 stops though Egypt and places like that.
Old Jan 13th 2018, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Buffalo Airways, in the Northwest Territories (Canada), was up until recently still operating passenger-service DC-3s on short hops across the Great Slave Lake from Hay River to Yellowknife. They had some issues however and think they may have suspended service, don't know if they have re-started or were forced to scrap the DC-3.
Old Jan 17th 2018, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Rhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
Buffalo Airways, in the Northwest Territories (Canada), was up until recently still operating passenger-service DC-3s on short hops across the Great Slave Lake from Hay River to Yellowknife. They had some issues however and think they may have suspended service, don't know if they have re-started or were forced to scrap the DC-3.
Great series, on Netflix I believe, featured that airline. That's a tough environment they operate in...
Old Jan 17th 2018, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rhubarb65
Great series, on Netflix I believe, featured that airline. That's a tough environment they operate in...
I found out about the series, after Googling them after I posted above to see what happened after their certificate got revoked.

One of my best friends works in remote Alaska, and I worked in the Yukon for a while. Many of those communities are airplane-only most of the year.
Old Jan 18th 2018, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

I am old enough to have flown regularly as a hostess on DC3's in Zambia in the 1960's, great tough aeroplanes, remember many landings on interesting grass landing strips, going tec!! and then going off to have lunch with some local friends, before the aircraft miraculously ok before flying back to Lusaka.
What memories, of flying over herds of animals that were prolific in those days.
Mind you I question how I managed it when on the rare occasion I have go onboard one at a museum.