Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

half your life in Aus

half your life in Aus

Old Mar 1st 2017, 7:51 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default half your life in Aus

My boy turns 19 this year and we emigrated when he was 9 and a half (ish). So as a bit of fun I worked out that on the 22nd of June he will have spent 3452 days of his life living in England, and 3452 living in Aus. My daughter is Christmas day 2020, my wife is 10th August 2045, and I'm 12th October 2047. Awesome
Old Mar 1st 2017, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: half your life in Aus

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
My boy turns 19 this year and we emigrated when he was 9 and a half (ish). So as a bit of fun I worked out that on the 22nd of June he will have spent 3452 days of his life living in England, and 3452 living in Aus. My daughter is Christmas day 2020, my wife is 10th August 2045, and I'm 12th October 2047. Awesome
Happy birthday.

I'd spent half my life in the UK and half in Oz up until 4 years ago, now Australia is in the lead.
Old Mar 1st 2017, 8:51 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Beoz
Happy birthday.

I'd spent half my life in the UK and half in Oz up until 4 years ago, now Australia is in the lead.
Quite a wierd feeling, we've decided to celebrate each date as it happens, I just hope I'm around for mine I'll be 79 lol. It's especially depressing when you break it down into days haha
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 12:04 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
If you ever travelled abroad on holidays you would officially have still been a UK resident for the duration.

However when you physically emigrated you left UK residency on the day you flew but didn't take up Aus residency until you landed.

Therefore the transit days in between those days you were not a resident of either country so those days should be deducted from your calculation.

So you were nobodies for some days

I think
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 12:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bix
If you ever travelled abroad on holidays you would officially have still been a UK resident for the duration.

However when you physically emigrated you left UK residency on the day you flew but didn't take up Aus residency until you landed.

Therefore the transit days in between those days you were not a resident of either country so those days should be deducted from your calculation.

So you were nobodies for some days

I think
The 6 weeks I lived with the outlaws and my brain shut down, do they count?

I haven't deducted the days lost through alcohol abuse either, else I'd be celebrating in 2137 haha.
Old Mar 12th 2017, 3:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Happy birthday.

If you frame it in terms of adult life, I've spent more than half of it in Australia already!