Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Great Quorn Debate

The Great Quorn Debate

Old Sep 24th 2009, 5:43 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Great Quorn Debate

I know that Quorn is not available in Australia, but does anyone know why? It's probably a British company, but I'm sure it'd not be that hard for an Aussie company to take on? Also, for those of you in the know, the non-meat eaters, are there decent Aussie alternatives to Quorn? I've been on Slimming World here in the UK for 2 and a half years and have been @ goal weight since Jan 08, all thanks to Quorn (a 'free' food on SW, meaning you can eat as much of it as you like), couldn't do without my sausage butties every morning (no rude comments )...so if there are alternatives to Quorn, are they as low fat as Quorn would be? Oh and of course, are they tasty?

(Flip me the above paragraph could be taken as an entry into a competition to see how many times I can type Quorn in one sitting lol!)
Old Sep 24th 2009, 5:57 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Great Quorn Debate

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
I know that Quorn is not available in Australia, but does anyone know why? It's probably a British company, but I'm sure it'd not be that hard for an Aussie company to take on? Also, for those of you in the know, the non-meat eaters, are there decent Aussie alternatives to Quorn? I've been on Slimming World here in the UK for 2 and a half years and have been @ goal weight since Jan 08, all thanks to Quorn (a 'free' food on SW, meaning you can eat as much of it as you like), couldn't do without my sausage butties every morning (no rude comments )...so if there are alternatives to Quorn, are they as low fat as Quorn would be? Oh and of course, are they tasty?

(Flip me the above paragraph could be taken as an entry into a competition to see how many times I can type Quorn in one sitting lol!)
Where have you been girl! Don't you know air is the new beef!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jasmuheen

Next time you're hungry, just take a free gulp

Cooler
Old Sep 24th 2009, 6:00 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Where have you been girl! Don't you know air is the new beef!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jasmuheen

Next time you're hungry, just take a free gulp

Cooler
Thons a buck ejit thon is! (Ask Marion to translate that for you!)
Old Sep 24th 2009, 6:04 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Thons a buck ejit thon is! (Ask Marion to translate that for you!)
Sounds like Yorkshire so I can translate. Honestly that 'cult' is still knocking around saying you can survive by just 'eating' air. I remember reading that the lady in question was seen in a posh restraunt eating chocolate gateux.

I don't eat red meat so BBQ's may make me look like a right softie

Cooler
Old Sep 24th 2009, 6:10 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Sounds like Yorkshire so I can translate. Honestly that 'cult' is still knocking around saying you can survive by just 'eating' air. I remember reading that the lady in question was seen in a posh restraunt eating chocolate gateux.

I don't eat red meat so BBQ's may make me look like a right softie

Cooler
Flip me, poor woman, she must suffer from some shockin wind, GET IT, GET IT, WIND? AIR?! LOL
Old Sep 24th 2009, 6:15 pm
Capt Hilts

Flip me, poor woman, she must suffer from some shockin wind, GET IT, GET IT, WIND? AIR?! LOL
Get it! That's the funniest thing you'ver typed on here

She must work for a balloon company

Bet she's a breath of fresh air

Cooler
Old Sep 24th 2009, 6:21 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Get it! That's the funniest thing you'ver typed on here

She must work for a balloon company

Bet she's a breath of fresh air

Cooler
Frig off u cheeky bugger @ funniest thing I've ever typed! Seriously though, how are you still in good humour, if I were u I'd be very very very pee'd offski! I can't help but laugh that us wee bog standard 175ers are now even further down an even longer list, and still @ the bottom! Lucky us eh lol ha
Old Sep 24th 2009, 6:27 pm
Capt Hilts

Frig off u cheeky bugger @ funniest thing I've ever typed! Seriously though, how are you still in good humour, if I were u I'd be very very very pee'd offski! I can't help but laugh that us wee bog standard 175ers are now even further down an even longer list, and still @ the bottom! Lucky us eh lol ha
I can but only speak the truth

We'll Mrs C is a nervous wreck waiting for the visa It must come soon, surely

Going into school tomorrow to see my old dept as they have an INSET - performance management

Cooler
Old Sep 24th 2009, 6:39 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

I can but only speak the truth

We'll Mrs C is a nervous wreck waiting for the visa It must come soon, surely

Going into school tomorrow to see my old dept as they have an INSET - performance management

Cooler
Do u wish ud not give in ur notice quite so soon now? Or you happy with how things were done, up til now...
Old Sep 24th 2009, 6:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty sure that it has something to do with the plant/algae/whatever quorn is made from.

Oz's strict laws have a problem with the base substance.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 6:56 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Pretty sure that it has something to do with the plant/algae/whatever quorn is made from.

Oz's strict laws have a problem with the base substance.
Aye, apparently it makes some people violently ill, me however, I've a stomach of lead! So do they have other meat alternatives in Oz which are edible?
Old Sep 24th 2009, 7:57 pm
Capt Hilts

Do u wish ud not give in ur notice quite so soon now? Or you happy with how things were done, up til now...
No, just should have applied for a CRB check sooner so I could have done supply @ £150 per day.

You can't account for everything, only yourself.

Cooler
Old Sep 24th 2009, 7:58 pm
Capt Hilts

Aye, apparently it makes some people violently ill, me however, I've a stomach of lead! So do they have other meat alternatives in Oz which are edible?
Quorn on the cob?

Cooler
Old Sep 24th 2009, 8:04 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Quorn on the cob?

Cooler
lol
Old Sep 24th 2009, 8:09 pm
Capt Hilts

lol
A bit quorny

Cooler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.