Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Fence dispute with neighbour

Fence dispute with neighbour

Old Apr 27th 2017, 12:25 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fence dispute with neighbour

Originally Posted by Dorothy
If it were me (Mrs Passive-Aggressive) I would take down any panels that are leaning into my side of the property line. Just take them out and chuck them. You paid half for the fence, so you can do what you like with your half. If the neighbour doesn't like them being down he can replace them at his own cost. You've already paid for a new fence.

I'm still with this plan personally - if the leaning fence is now encroaching your 'airspace' then out it comes. I wouldn't throw the panels away though - I'd leave them for your neighbour to dispose of them.

This is the same principle of when a neighbour's tree is overhanging your property 'airspace' - you should trim it back to the boundary, and then throw the trimmings over to the neighbour so that you can't be accused of having attempted to steal the offcuts.

S