Fat people.

Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:07 am

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fat people.

Maybe its the influx of all the fat British immigrants you are noticing?

Originally Posted by framac
Is it me or do I just notice it more but is fatness (obesity) more of a problem in Aus than in UK. Maybe because ppl are out and about more and not as well wrapped up in clothes that it is more obvious. Still plenty of stunning looking women around but I was shocked at the levels of weight some ppl carry here. Opinions please.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Some people are incredibly superficial.
Professionalism and deportment not showing in someone's waistline? What is THAT about? Next it will be someone's professionalism and deportment not showing in their skin colour or not having the right accent.
I got myself in to this one, I'll get myself out of it.

Your accent and skin colour has nothing to do with personal choice - nor a whole heap of other genetic stuff.

Being fat (unless its medical) does. Most people who are fat chose to be that way. I do a bit of training - enough to stay fit - because I owe it to myself, my partners wants it, and everyone will be happier including my medical insurance company.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 12:35 pm
Aussie in Hertfordshire

moocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant future

having moved to the UK from Queensland I find far more fat people here. I had never seen so many fat children tho until I came here.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 12:47 pm
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Couldn't you make that pic any bigger, Fenton?
It is a bit on the big side isn't it?
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I got myself in to this one, I'll get myself out of it.

Your accent and skin colour has nothing to do with personal choice - nor a whole heap of other genetic stuff.

Being fat (unless its medical) does. Most people who are fat chose to be that way. I do a bit of training - enough to stay fit - because I owe it to myself, my partners wants it, and everyone will be happier including my medical insurance company.
I'd also like to say that we know an overweight woman who is absolutely beautiful and her inner beauty shines through - we actually find ourselves mesmerised by the way she carries herself. But generally, in the same way 2 packets of cigarettes aren't a good idea, nor is overweight. Look at pre-schoolers and young school kids - they are often as skinny as rakes. I'ts only later they put on weight.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 8:47 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Yes it is drivel. Some people have hormone imbalances or take medications which affect their weight. Perhaps in your view it would be better if I went off the predisone which has made my weight increase. At least that way I wouldn't look so unsightly to you.
I'm sorry but there are very few cases indeed of being overwieght or obese that could not be managed through a proper diet and exercise regime. Of course there are a tiny hand full of cases which are properly the exception, as everything in life, but most people would like to think that there is some external force acting on thier body which is causing weight gain. The reailty is that blame shift wont shift fat, eating properly and excercise for life will.

But then thats not very fashionable in this world of fast pills, fad diets and where willpower and self discipline is no longer required.

They say you are what you eat and that is more than skin deep. Its not a case of fat people being unsightly its a case of most fat people need to take responsibility for thier own actions, not disimilar to smokers.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of

I see the socioeconomic difference in size on a daily basis.

I work in a pretty rough place in not so nice area and at work when you take away East Asians and Africans (43% of the total employed and with a very few exceptions quite skinny) and look at the white part of workforce at least 60% do carry on fair bit of extra weight and over 10% are simply fat.

I live in a "nicer" area (with a high percentage of Chinese) and both at school meetings, shops or on a street fat people are very rare.

A few weeks ago I was at the local swimming pool where kids have swimming lessons and amused myself at counting. Out of 122 adults present 3 were a bit overweight.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of

And to add another angle to the genetic makeup arguments.

It can also work the other way. There are people who can stuff themselves silly at every opportunity and still stay skinny.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:32 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mipik
And to add another angle to the genetic makeup arguments.

It can also work the other way. There are people who can stuff themselves silly at every opportunity and still stay skinny.
Yeh, but they invariably have a meth lab in the back shed.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Is that easier than Weight Watchers then?
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:57 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

can I have one then please
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:58 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
can I have one then please
you dont have a big enough shed
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 10:32 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
you dont have a big enough shed
I can get one
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 10:37 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
I can get one
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Not always though.

My dad in his sixties still fits into the suit he used when getting married at 27,
I have been lucky to inherit that gene and have to watch that I eat enough otherwise I lose weight very fast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.