Fat people.

Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fat people.

Is it me or do I just notice it more but is fatness (obesity) more of a problem in Aus than in UK. Maybe because ppl are out and about more and not as well wrapped up in clothes that it is more obvious. Still plenty of stunning looking women around but I was shocked at the levels of weight some ppl carry here. Opinions please.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Location: loving the ozzie life in perth - except for the snakes
townies5 is a jewel in the roughtownies5 is a jewel in the roughtownies5 is a jewel in the roughtownies5 is a jewel in the roughtownies5 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Fat people.

i can't give up my opinion, coz we've not got there yet. but thanx 4 making me feel beta! i am not stressing out so much now about standing out like a pale pommie whale amongst the oz beach babes!
Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:22 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by framac
Is it me or do I just notice it more but is fatness (obesity) more of a problem in Aus than in UK. Maybe because ppl are out and about more and not as well wrapped up in clothes that it is more obvious. Still plenty of stunning looking women around but I was shocked at the levels of weight some ppl carry here. Opinions please.
Higher obesity in Australia than UK for sure, but don't worry, it's catching up.
Too much crap food and not enough activity.

Simple.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:24 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

There *is* a stunning number of really obese people in Oz - I understand it has overtaken the USA in the fatness stakes.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
There *is* a stunning number of really obese people in Oz - I understand it has overtaken the USA in the fatness stakes.
Really? Approx 75% of 'Mericans are overweight.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:56 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Fat people.

Top 10 obesity levels by percentage of the population:

#1 United States: 30.6%
#2 Mexico: 24.2%
#3 United Kingdom: 23%
#4 Slovakia: 22.4%
#5 Greece: 21.9%
#6 Australia: 21.7%
#7 New Zealand: 20.9%
#8 Hungary: 18.8%
#9 Luxembourg: 18.4%
#10 Czech Republic: 14.8%
NationMaster.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:58 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Top 10 obesity levels by percentage of the population:

#1 United States: 30.6%
#2 Mexico: 24.2%
#3 United Kingdom: 23%
#4 Slovakia: 22.4%
#5 Greece: 21.9%
#6 Australia: 21.7%
#7 New Zealand: 20.9%
#8 Hungary: 18.8%
#9 Luxembourg: 18.4%
#10 Czech Republic: 14.8%
NationMaster.
Whoa, Vash, I didn't know the UK was higher than Aus... That's changed since I saw the figures last. Notice that data is from 2002...aren't there more recent figures?

Cheers for the update.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Thats down and to the right from UK.
znaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to all

I'm in Melbourne and am a professional fat-person watcher. I'm struggling to find many fat people.

Last Saturday I only saw about 3 fat people out of thousands.

Y'see, those stats show a fat/thin percentage of around 0.3%, showing the figures in this thread to be wrong.

It's another factual update from Zach - the name you can trust.

Z
Old Aug 31st 2007, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by znaylor1974
It's another factual update from Zach - the name you can trust.

Z
haha! Sounds like an advertisement for biscuits or something. I must admit, ole Zach seems to have his finger on the pulse most of the time on here! I find its a relief to read his/her posts at times.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 1:51 pm
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Whoa, Vash, I didn't know the UK was higher than Aus... That's changed since I saw the figures last. Notice that data is from 2002...aren't there more recent figures?

Cheers for the update.
Yes but 37.4% of statistics are made up on the spot
Old Aug 31st 2007, 1:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fenton Beasley
Yes but 37.4% of statistics are made up on the spot

I thought it was 87% or was it 67%
Old Aug 31st 2007, 1:54 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

mate this is the gospel truth,hand on heart i can honestly say i have seen about two decent looking birds in the three months ive been here,,jeez,i miss them english birds...
Old Aug 31st 2007, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of

No, it is definately 57% of stats made up on the spot. Including this one.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by znaylor1974
I'm in Melbourne and am a professional fat-person watcher. I'm struggling to find many fat people.

Last Saturday I only saw about 3 fat people out of thousands.

Z

The rest were inside stuffing their faces with Cakes and Doughnuts
Old Aug 31st 2007, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light

when we went to brisbane from melbourne the first thing we noticed was that their was way more big people in brisbane than in melbourne so i think it depends on what area you look at

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.