Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

eBay & Paypal accounts, post-immi

eBay & Paypal accounts, post-immi

Old Dec 30th 2012, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Default eBay & Paypal accounts, post-immi

So, been here nearly 4 months, and it has been dead handy having my Paypal account in particular 'homed' at my mum's address in the UK for the purposes of buying Christmas pressies, etc. I've done the same with my bank current account for the same reasons.

Now I want to make eBay & Paypal purchases in Australia... what did or would you do? Create a new Aus Paypal account? I'd want to keep my eBay account the same so that I keep my ratings. Is this what you did, or start afresh?

Cheers
Old Dec 30th 2012, 10:16 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: eBay & Paypal accounts, post-immi

Originally Posted by Lucas_Dad
So, been here nearly 4 months, and it has been dead handy having my Paypal account in particular 'homed' at my mum's address in the UK for the purposes of buying Christmas pressies, etc. I've done the same with my bank current account for the same reasons.

Now I want to make eBay & Paypal purchases in Australia... what did or would you do? Create a new Aus Paypal account? I'd want to keep my eBay account the same so that I keep my ratings. Is this what you did, or start afresh?

Cheers
You can keep your ebay account, just change the country and address etc.

With Paypal, you have to close your UK account and open an Oz one, but you can still use the same username etc. You will have to do all the bank acct verification stuff as well, but make sure you close your UK account first.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

DibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really nice

Originally Posted by rasen78

With Paypal, you have to close your UK account and open an Oz one, but you can still use the same username etc. You will have to do all the bank acct verification stuff as well, but make sure you close your UK account first.
Not sure about this, i still have my uk paypall account and just added my australian address and bank account, i use my uk one for uk purchases and aus for aus ones, been using them for 3 years not had a problem yet.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Lucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DibDob
Not sure about this, i still have my uk paypall account and just added my australian address and bank account, i use my uk one for uk purchases and aus for aus ones, been using them for 3 years not had a problem yet.
So still one login, then at the time of purchase Paypal asks what account to pay from?
Old Dec 31st 2012, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

DibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really nice

So still one login, then at the time of purchase Paypal asks what account to pay from?
Correct.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 4:26 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

It wouldn't allow me to do this, and I had confirmation from Paypal, but then I do not have a UK address. It wouldn't allow me to use an Australian address as my primary one, on the UK site. IIRC there is no option to change your location from UK/GB. But if you are still using a UK address as your primary one, then I should think you are correct.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

It wouldn't allow me to do this, and I had confirmation from Paypal, but then I do not have a UK address. It wouldn't allow me to use an Australian address as my primary one, on the UK site. IIRC there is no option to change your location from UK/GB. But if you are still using a UK address as your primary one, then I should think you are correct.
Yes that is what i did, i kept my uk addresses, family friends etc
Old Dec 31st 2012, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes that is what i did, i kept my uk addresses, family friends etc
I've just gone to the page to add details of another bank account. The 'country' drop-down box for the new account only offers UK & US. Odd that it offers US as I have never had a presence there.

Was it actually bank details that you added or an Aussie credit/debit card?
Old Dec 31st 2012, 5:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno, I use my Aus paypal account for purchases here in UK - when we get to the "send to" I request they send to me in UK. There has been just one case where the vendor said they couldnt do it but the others have been fine with it. I still use my Aus bank stuff for most things. If you arent keeping your UK bank details though, then I would guess you have to set up a new account referencing your Aus info.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

I've just gone to the page to add details of another bank account. The 'country' drop-down box for the new account only offers UK & US. Odd that it offers US as I have never had a presence there.

Was it actually bank details that you added or an Aussie credit/debit card?
Debit card was realy easy have had no probs over the 3 years i use it constantly
Old Dec 31st 2012, 6:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

Indeed! I have changed eBay to my Oz address and opened an Oz PayPal account. I use either when needed.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

we have had one paypal account and have just updated our address and added an Au card- we did this when we went to UK and now we are back.
It seemed easy and allows you to select which card (AU or UK) you want.

Most cards/bank accounts have been happy to know our new address. In fact Tesco Clubcard just sent me some 40p off vouchers. It never really seems to bother suppliers as long as you keep paying!
Old Dec 31st 2012, 10:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I have UK and Aus addresses on both Paypal and ebay accounts, just swap one to the other depending on where the stuff is being delivered to. I also have both Aus and UK credit cards registered with Paypal. Never had an issue
Old Dec 31st 2012, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I have UK and Aus addresses on both Paypal and ebay accounts, just swap one to the other depending on where the stuff is being delivered to. I also have both Aus and UK credit cards registered with Paypal. Never had an issue
snap.
Maybe we Welsh women are more technologically advantaged?
Old Dec 31st 2012, 11:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pomster
snap.
Maybe we Welsh women are more technologically advantaged?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.