Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Dual Citizenship A Barrier ?

Dual Citizenship A Barrier ?

Old Jul 22nd 2017, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dual Citizenship A Barrier ?

Originally Posted by cresta57
Mrs T was a wonderful lady, got me a heads up in life, let me buy my own home and provided me with lots of self employed work. Then Tony the Tosser decided that we all had to be employed by companies and the whole sub contract construction industry went to hell in a handbasket.
Well said.

Some are still clinging on to the idea that those who do the risk and reward owe them a life.
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Crest
Mrs T has now blazed the trail for you and the others to follow. She is burning in eternal hellfire where she belongs !
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Crest
Mrs T has now blazed the trail for you and the others to follow. She is burning in eternal hellfire where she belongs !
You're a laugh a minute. Do you do children's parties?
Old Jul 25th 2017, 1:26 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

And another one bites the dust - Resources Minister Matt Canavan resigns from cabinet over dual-citizenship fiasco
Old Jul 25th 2017, 11:33 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
The greens do the decent thing and resign from parliament.

The coalition type just resigns from the cabinet, he's still in parliament.

Double standards much?

Now apparently his mum signed him up for citizenship, but it's not far off where the greens were in not realising that they had dual citizenship - and they resigned.

As I've said before, I'm much less worried about dual citizenship than I am about corruption, stupidity and downright evil b'stards. Let's get them out first.
Old Jul 26th 2017, 1:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP

Double standards much?

Now apparently his mum signed him up for citizenship, but it's not far off where the greens were in not realising that they had dual citizenship - and they resigned.

As I've said before, I'm much less worried about dual citizenship than I am about corruption, stupidity and downright evil b'stards. Let's get them out first.
If he was a Labour minister you would not have written that. Lets be honest, you are so fake.
Old Jul 26th 2017, 5:37 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Double standards much?

Except that's not how Italian citizenship work. He would have always been an Italian citizen; his mother would have merely registered their births with the Italian consulate. His ignorance is perhaps more understandable than those Greens who were actually born in another country but he is no more eligible to stand for office.
Old Jul 26th 2017, 10:03 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Double standards much?

Hardly a case of double standards. Both greens were born overseas and failed to relinquish their citizenships [via the same method the mad monk is now using to his advantage]
In the latest incident Matt Canavan wasn't born overseas, nor was his mother yet she made an application for them both & didn't tell him. Quite why it would even occur to him that he would need to renounce citizenship of a country he's never been to is a mystery.
It would have been a very interesting phone call from his mum though:
"Ciao figlio, sua madre, ho bisogno di dirti qualcosa"
"What? Who is this?"
"tua madre"
"I think you have the wrong number"
No son! It's me, err you know those two green senators that have dual citizenship.................well err.
"YOU DID WHAT!!!!!!!!"
Old Jul 27th 2017, 12:53 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Hardly a case of double standards. Both greens were born overseas and failed to relinquish their citizenships [via the same method the mad monk is now using to his advantage]
In the latest incident Matt Canavan wasn't born overseas, nor was his mother yet she made an application for them both & didn't tell him. Quite why it would even occur to him that he would need to renounce citizenship of a country he's never been to is a mystery.
It's double standards since the greens left as babes and have never bothered with their birth country since then - but as Brandis says, rules is rules and they aren't eligible to stand.

So, if the lib is actually an italian, rules is rules and he should resign, totally, from parliament. And since he's on the register of 'Italians living abroad', and has been sent voting papers, his protesting that he isn't and 'didn't know' ring hollow.

And then we have the One Nation nutcase Malcolm Roberts, who appears to be a Brit as well. And Barnaby Joyce possibly as well.
Old Jul 27th 2017, 3:13 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

It's double standards since the greens left as babes and have never bothered with their birth country since then - but as Brandis says, rules is rules and they aren't eligible to stand.

So, if the lib is actually an italian, rules is rules and he should resign, totally, from parliament. And since he's on the register of 'Italians living abroad', and has been sent voting papers, his protesting that he isn't and 'didn't know' ring hollow.

And then we have the One Nation nutcase Malcolm Roberts, who appears to be a Brit as well. And Barnaby Joyce possibly as well.
I was just having a look at google - is Barnaby Joyce an NZ citizen by descent?
Old Jul 27th 2017, 4:08 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

He couldn't remember if he had ever been to the UK earlier on in the week, so he probably has no idea!

S
Old Jul 27th 2017, 4:27 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Personally I think he's a moomin.

He's certainly not from this planet.
Old Jul 27th 2017, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Utter rubbish as per usual.
Old Jul 27th 2017, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

"What? Who is this?"
"tua madre"
No son! It's me, err you know those two green senators that have dual citizenship.................well err.
"YOU DID WHAT!!!!!!!!"
fair and balanced.
Old Jul 27th 2017, 9:28 am

"What? Who is this?"
"tua madre"
"YOU DID WHAT!!!!!!!!"
Originally Posted by Beoz
fair and balanced.
Except that he admits to discussing it in 2005 or 2006, which would mean that they looked at whether or not they were Italian by descent - and since that is without limitation he should have realised that he was Italian by descent from birth and the forms were only to go on the register of Italians living abroad from what I've read online.

It would be fair enough to plead ignorance if the subject had never come up, but as a family they did look at the rules which are simple - you are Italian by descent if one of your parents was Italian at the time of your birth which is obviously true. The fact that he did not register does not alter the fact that he has been Italian since birth, and aware of that since those discussions. He should have done the what the green's did and resigned from senate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.