Drones

Old Jan 18th 2017, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drones

Originally Posted by Hutch
Absolutely correct. There is a clear disconnect between the sale of consumer grade drones in high street electronics stores to customers of any age ... and the stringent flight regulations attached to the use of same. And that's before you even get into subjects like controlled and restricted airspace, the complete ban on drones in Commonwealth parks, the complete ban on drones in Marine parks, the written permission required to fly in National Parks and the touchy subject of privacy.
It does need some level of control, as you rightly say, someone is going to cop a drone in the head.
Old Jan 19th 2017, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
I started making drone films for fun and to promote my photography business early last year and am going to get licensed very soon. The laws around where you can and can't fly a drone are incredibly restrictive and, like so many things in Australia, every organisation/government body wants to have a say in it. That said, people do fly them stupidly - right over the top of extremely busy beaches, around Sydney Harbour, off hotel balconies at night - I've seen 'em all. Sooner or later someone's going to hurt someone with a drone and the suddenly thousands of recreational flyers will be left with expensive paperweights.

There's a senate review coming towards the middle of this year when, hopefully, a lot of it will resolved.
What drone did you get? I got a Mavic Pro and think it's awesome. What I really like about it is how discreet it is, even the controller. It draws much less attention than a bigger drone would. But, as the rules state to keep it within line of sight, that's nearly impossible with a drone of its size. Probably difficult with any drone when they go a few hundred feet away.
Old Jan 19th 2017, 11:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
What drone did you get? I got a Mavic Pro and think it's awesome. What I really like about it is how discreet it is, even the controller. It draws much less attention than a bigger drone would. But, as the rules state to keep it within line of sight, that's nearly impossible with a drone of its size. Probably difficult with any drone when they go a few hundred feet away.
Mavic Pro gets good wraps online. Seems to be the nedt line up from the phantom and out performs it.
Old Jan 26th 2017, 11:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand how the drone rules are policed. Someone was sunbathing in their garden the other day and a drone hovered over them. They are about 2km as the drone flies from Coolie airport and on the flight path at that. They called the police but how do the police find the owners and how do they prove that a) they were hovering over someone's garden and b) they were bloody close to the airport?
Old Jan 26th 2017, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I don't understand how the drone rules are policed. Someone was sunbathing in their garden the other day and a drone hovered over them. They are about 2km as the drone flies from Coolie airport and on the flight path at that. They called the police but how do the police find the owners and how do they prove that a) they were hovering over someone's garden and b) they were bloody close to the airport?
I think it can only be solved when it becomes a recurring problem in the area. Or, if someone actually catches the pilot in the act.

But people's biggest issue with drones doesn't seem to be with safety, it's an invasion of privacy. The drone is very unlikely to capture a face unless it is close to the subject. The lenses are usually wide angle. Any drone that has a longer reach in lens is most likely over the 2k limit and the pilot is most likely to have a license and use the drone for business use and so not likely to be flying illegally.

But, people will break rules. Your right to privacy in your own back garden doesn't include from the sky.