Double glazing.

Old Sep 21st 2014, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Double glazing.

Just waiting for the tradies to come and fit double glazing to all my 4 bedrooms.

Deep joy!!
Old Sep 21st 2014, 11:13 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Double glazing.

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Just waiting for the tradies to come and fit double glazing to all my 4 bedrooms.

Deep joy!!

I hope you enjoy it

S
Old Sep 21st 2014, 11:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

They are here....let the destruction/construction commence.
Old Sep 21st 2014, 11:55 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

They are here....let the destruction/construction commence.

Have you had to endure the "Why are you getting that - it's not cold enough to bother in Australia..." comments?

S
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 12:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Deep joy!!
So its for all year round extra insulation and noise deflection?
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 12:25 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Beoz
So its for all year round extra insulation and noise deflection?

Probably enhanced security too...

S
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 1:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

..and reduction of condensation- the bedroom windows run with water in the winter.

Most of the people I know think DG is a good idea- some of them are even Aussie!!
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 1:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just discovered the bedroom window is 4 inches too narrow!! The architrave on the old wooden one was hiding a gap, which the firm could not have foreseen.. It is also not level. The plasterer is going to have a lovely job.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 1:42 am
has lost The Game

..and reduction of condensation- the bedroom windows run with water in the winter.

Most of the people I know think DG is a good idea- some of them are even Aussie!!

Haha. Most Aussies I know thing DG is witchcraft!

S
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 2:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Careful the windows aren't thicker than the walls lol, was it a horrendous cost? It's something I'd live to do in our house after the bathrooms, kitchen et al
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Careful the windows aren't thicker than the walls lol, was it a horrendous cost? It's something I'd live to do in our house after the bathrooms, kitchen et al
It was $22k for 7 windows including micro venetians and flyscreens to 5 of them. 3 windows are floor to ceiling ones. Only one is small. We couldn't afford to do the whole house, so have just gone for the bedrooms so the noise of the possums fighting and the party animals and dogs disturbs us less, and we can have more comfortable nights. Three of the windows had been eaten by cockatoos. We have gone for white UPVC, so hopefully the birds won't attack it. The only trouble is that the lounge hall and sunroom are still red cedar, so it will look odd until it is painted. The kitchen and bathroom are already white, but single glazed, so they will have to wait.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Have you had to endure the "Why are you getting that - it's not cold enough to bother in Australia..." comments?

S
Why would you even mention it, in the main , apart from to friends or a forum - it is a domestic matter....

(move along nothing to see!).

I am in my office with insulation and it is too warm - September in Melbourne. Wish I had not bothered to insulate it as it was easier to heat quickly in winter than cool it now.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 5:42 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Why would you even mention it - it is a domestic matter....

move along nothing to see.

I am in my office with insulation and it is too warm. Wish I had not bothered to insulate it as it was easier to heat quickly in winter than cool it now.

Because double glazing on new developments was one of our targets when we signed up for the Kyoto accords (2007), yet this seems to be universally ignored, in Sydney at least.

I lament not having double glazing, as it would also dull down the noise of the Irish traffic control girls who seem to congregate outside my house for a fag first thing in the morning.

S
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 5:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Because double glazing on new developments was one of our targets when we signed up for the Kyoto accords (2007), yet this seems to be universally ignored, in Sydney at least.

I lament not having double glazing, as it would also dull down the noise of the Irish traffic control girls who seem to congregate outside my house for a fag first thing in the morning.
OK - as long as the Daily Mail Little Englander in you is not surfacing he he.
You will be wanting pebble-dashing on the outside next and you will be pushing your food around your plate and holding your knife and fork like a pen.

(You don't do you?)

Old Sep 22nd 2014, 5:58 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
OK - as long as the Daily Mail Little Englander in you is not surfacing he he.
You will be wanting pebble-dashing on the outside next and you will be pushing your food around your plate and holding your knife and fork like a pen.

(You don't do you?)

No, but I definitely want wallpaper from Laura Ashley

Lots of Aussies I know complain about how cold their houses/apartments are during winter, so naturally I suggest double glazing - and am usually met with the reply "Oh, it never gets that cold..." etc. Not a complaint, just an observation on behaviour.

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.