Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Delia's Way v the Real Woman's Way

Old Nov 7th 2007, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light
Default Delia's Way v the Real Woman's Way

Delia's Way
Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent icecream drips.

The Real Woman's Way
Just suck the ice cream out of the bottom of the cone. You are probably lying on the couch with your feet up eating it anyway.

Delia's Way
To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes.

The Real Woman's Way
Buy Smash and keep it in the cupboard for up to a year.

Delia's Way
When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking tin, use a bit of the dry cake mix instead and there won't be any white mess on the outside of the cake.

The Real Woman's Way
Tesco's sell cakes. They even do decorated versions.

Delia's Way
If you accidentally over-salt a dish while it's still cooking, drop in a potato slice.

The Real Woman's Way
If you over salt a dish while you are cooking, that's tough sh*t. Please recite with me the Real Woman's motto: "I made it and you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes."

Delia's Way
Wrap celery in aluminium foil when putting in the refrigerator and it will keep for weeks.

The Real Woman's Way
It could keep forever. Who eats it?

Delia's Way
Brush some beaten egg white over pie crust before baking to yield beautiful glossy finish.

The Real Woman's Way
Sainsbury's frozen pie directions do not include brushing any thing over the crust.

Delia's Way
Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.

The Real Woman's Way
Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and drop it in 8 ounces of vodka. Drink the vodka. You might still have the headache, but who gives a ****?

Delia's Way
If you have a problem opening jars, try using latex dishwashing gloves. They give a non-slip grip that makes opening jars easy.

The Real Woman's Way
Why do I have a man?

And finally the most important tip ...

Delia's Way
Freeze leftover wine into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces.

The Real Woman's Way
Leftover wine???? HELLO!!!!!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:09 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delia's Way v the Real Woman's Way

PMSL
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't stand Delia. She's so damn patronising and she supports a rubbish Football Club
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:16 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I can't stand Delia. She's so damn patronising and she supports a rubbish Football Club
thoguht she was chairman/womwn/thingy?
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:40 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

That was so funny PMSL
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:42 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I fully identify with the real woman who needs delia
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
thoguht she was chairman/womwn/thingy?
Something like that
Old Nov 10th 2007, 12:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

For some reason I thought we were talking about Nigella Lawson.
Old Nov 10th 2007, 3:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
For some reason I thought we were talking about Nigella Lawson.
That's probably because you wanted to talk about Nigella Lawson
Old Nov 10th 2007, 4:10 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

That's probably because you wanted to talk about Nigella Lawson
No we just want to watch and hope for closeup shots
Old Nov 10th 2007, 4:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
No we just want to watch and hope for closeup shots
Must admit, there aren't many people who can make eating look sexy the way she does. I guess the cleavage plays a big part of that. Critically discuss.
Old Nov 10th 2007, 4:16 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Must admit, there aren't many people who can make eating look sexy the way she does. I guess the cleavage plays a big part of that. Critically discuss.
I dont guess I know but then what do I know about cooking its the eating part I'm an expert on.
Old Nov 10th 2007, 6:31 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
I dont guess I know but then what do I know about cooking its the eating part I'm an expert on.
Same here. Have a husband for the cooking and washing-up lark.
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:33 am
Has left the building

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Same here. Have a husband for the cooking and washing-up lark.
My wife has credit card and I have a dishwasher
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:46 am

gedge has disabled reputation

i must admit i do enjoy watching Karen Martini cooking on a Friday night

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.