Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Day the Surveyors Came.........

The Day the Surveyors Came.........

Old Dec 13th 2005, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Day the Surveyors Came.........

(well not actually came....if you know what I mean)

For anyone not in the know about them, heres what they checked:

The whole chabang! Bloody everything from my tiles, the grouting, the skirting board, electrical fittings to my kitchen cupboard units!

they had lots of little gadgets (I was quite impressed) and gosh they knew how to use them!

they even lifted my boards up and checked my cracks! No stone left unturned.

Just as I thought I'd pulled the wool over their eyes about the mould (he told me I didn't have any), he opened the kitchen cupboard and there was my Polyfill Mould Remover!!!! I was horrified! Just wait till Mark's back from work, cos he was the one who put it in there!!!

Anyway, as I type this they're STILL here (now 3 and a half hours) going through all me nooks and crannies (some of which haven't seen daylight in years)!

Moral of the story, cover the mould but throw away the damn container when you've finished! Oh and be prepared for them to go through EVERYTHING!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 12:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Day the Surveyors Came.........

Originally Posted by glittababe

The whole chabang! Bloody everything from my tiles, the grouting, the skirting board, electrical fittings to my kitchen cupboard units!

they had lots of little gadgets (I was quite impressed) and gosh they knew how to use them!

Just as I thought I'd pulled the wool over their eyes about the mould (he told me I didn't have any), he opened the kitchen cupboard and there was my Polyfill Mould Remover!!!! I was horrified! Just wait till Mark's back from work, cos he was the one who put it in there!!!

Anyway, as I type this they're STILL here (now 3 and a half hours) going through all me nooks and crannies (some of which haven't seen daylight in years)!

Moral of the story, cover the mould but throw away the damn container when you've finished! Oh and be prepared for them to go through EVERYTHING!

OMG I'd be horrified.
Get hubby to ring you and then tell them you've urgently got to go out or failing that tell em to bu**er off

Wendy
Old Dec 13th 2005, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
OMG I'd be horrified.
Get hubby to ring you and then tell them you've urgently got to go out or failing that tell em to bu**er off

Wendy
they're on ladders at the moment at the back of the house! have tried to call hubby stacks of times, he's conveniently not answering his phone!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 12:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

have tried to call hubby stacks of times, he's conveniently not answering his phone!
Typical!!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by WendyC
Typical!!
they mentioned my poor shanty dwelling and Buckingham Palace in the same sentence!!! (something to do with the Queens bannisters)!

Have just got hold of Mark and informed of the mould remover incident and he laughed!!!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

they mentioned my poor shanty dwelling and Buckingham Palace in the same sentence!!! (something to do with the Queens bannisters)!

Have just got hold of Mark and informed of the mould remover incident and he laughed!!!
Final verdict (3 and a half hours later), good solid structure, chimney needs repointing and capping, damp caused by condensation in the attic only. There were other bits and pieces but on the whole nothing to worry about! Well thats it then, will the buyers buy?????

Oh and the students were quite sweet. One of them kept apologising for having to 'test' the doors (open and closing them constantly)!

I can get myself off to bed now as I'm on a night! Feel relieved its all over! I really think this website/forum should be sponsored by Kalms!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 12:43 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Final verdict (3 and a half hours later), good solid structure, chimney needs repointing and capping, damp caused by condensation in the attic only. There were other bits and pieces but on the whole nothing to worry about! Well thats it then, will the buyers buy?????

Oh and the students were quite sweet. One of them kept apologising for having to 'test' the doors (open and closing them constantly)!

I can get myself off to bed now as I'm on a night! Feel relieved its all over! I really think this website/forum should be sponsored by Kalms!
Good luck k sent
Old Dec 13th 2005, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fraser
Good luck k sent
TY Fraser, feeling better already. in a way its only just started! This is why we rented our house out last time!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 12:54 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Phew glad its all come out int wash
Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:46 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Filthy cow!!!!

Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
Filthy cow!!!!

whatever gave you that impression?
Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:53 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

whatever gave you that impression?
Oh nothing..........
Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh nothing..........
anyway I'm NOT that old!!!! I just started having children young (I was still at uni when i had my first whose in middle school)! Glad I did it that way, as they're all nicely self sufficient (I recommend a good dose of neglect - it always makes your kids fend for themselves )
Old Dec 13th 2005, 6:02 pm
Account Closed

anyway I'm NOT that old!!!! I just started having children young (I was still at uni when i had my first whose in middle school)! Glad I did it that way, as they're all nicely self sufficient (I recommend a good dose of neglect - it always makes your kids fend for themselves )
I couldn't agree with you more on that GB!!! (there's a first)

Obviously, you love em more than life and give them all the love and attention they need etc.............but! It never did me any harm (had to fend for myself due to folks that couldnt give a.......made me a better person, if only to prove them I was better than they thought) Thats the prob with some of these little chav scumbags nowadays, been molly coddled!!!!

Dont even start me on that one!!!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

I couldn't agree with you more on that GB!!! (there's a first)

Obviously, you love em more than life and give them all the love and attention they need etc.............but! It never did me any harm (had to fend for myself due to folks that couldnt give a.......made me a better person, if only to prove them I was better than they thought) Thats the prob with some of these little chav scumbags nowadays, been molly coddled!!!!

Dont even start me on that one!!!
the violins are a going! Both Mark and I were one of 5 kids and grew up with virtually nothing, both of us working by the age of 13 and it made us appreciate money etc We've never molly coddled them, plenty of hugs and kisses but we're teaching them responsibility from the start. A typical day for them consists of getting themselves up at 7am, getting their own school uniform sorted and making their own breakfast plus sandwiches! It sounds harsh, but they enjoy it. When we go shopping, they have a set amount and get what they'd like for their sarnies etc Pocket money has to be earnt, and if they're naughty, it gets taken away!

We still do all the normal things like going out on family trips, bike rides, family meals, but the boys have to make a lot of decisions for themselves. Mark being ex military, tends to do a lot of the survival stuff with them (he does it without thinking) and all of them have a good dose of common sense and are grounded.

I say that, until with get to Ollie our youngest!!! He needs help (well he's only 6) and we try and encourage him to do more. he's so lazy tho, he's clicked that as the youngest, the older boys will do whatever he wants! Little bugger!

So do you really think chavs are chavs because they've been molly coddled?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.