Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Daniel Morcombe thread

The Daniel Morcombe thread

Old Aug 31st 2011, 10:30 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Daniel Morcombe thread

There's now a FB page dedicated to people wanting the child to have a state funeral. WTF has it got to do with anyone other than the parents and his siblings? How dare outsiders think that just because it was a newsworthy story, they have a right to dictate this shit?

Hope to god the parents tell everyone to bog off.

I'm starting to sound like Sonly
Old Aug 31st 2011, 11:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure the Morcombe's are strong enough to graciously refuse any offers they receive that they don't want to take up. But at least the offers have been made. From watching this story closely from day one, I feel that the family know that without the help from Media and the Queensland public in general, they may never have found the evidence to find out what happened to their son and therefore have maintained a public profile to show their appreciation.

While offering so much of themselves to the public, they have still been able to maintain privacy for themselves and their other two boys. Their marriage and family seems to have remained rock solid throughout a journey that could have torn a lot of families apart. I think that they will have already gone through their initial grieving process by the time the funeral date arrives. In their press conference on Monday they said that they won't be making any decisions about a funeral because it could be months or over a year away. They hope that they will be able to hold it on the 8th anniversary of Daniels disappearance, but can't set that in concrete until the search and forensic testing concludes.

I remember on the first anniversary of Daniel's disappearance, everyone in Queensland was asked to leave their front light on for an hour and they launched the Song for Daniel, as well as a documentary about the investigation. Something that always sticks in my mind about that night was that I looked outside and saw every light in my neighbourhood on. Another was the story told by a female police officer about how on the date of Daniel and Bradley's 14th birthday (a couple of weeks after the abduction) the police had been at the Morcombe home. Apparently every year on the boys' birthdays Denise would light all three boys christening candles, on that occasion, all three were alight and then suddenly Daniels just went out for no reason. Denise Morcombe turned to the police and said "He's gone".

I don't think we should be second guessing political intent or fairness to other parents that have lost children, I think we should be focusing on finally getting a positive outcome in this case and celebrating the life of a teenage boy who we all feel we know, having seen those beautiful blue eyes so often for the last eight years.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 2:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
Oh joy, trip back to the dark ages coming up.
Originally Posted by steve`o
your joking right?

its simply a polictical statement by a party about to be ousted

"look at us we care"

i think not
Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Not sure what you mean there mate?

Why is it the dark ages when people can see through the political media?

The new age should be about equity and honesty not political soundbites mate
I wasn't very clear...it was in reply/reference to "by a party about to be ousted "...I know the LNP have to get back in one day but it will take a long time for me to trust them after what they did to Qld....I still see signs of the racism and stupidity they harbour in their ranks, even these days....I know Labor has idiots too but not to the same scale in leading positions.

Last edited by fish.01; Sep 1st 2011 at 2:08 am.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 9:47 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't very clear...it was in reply/reference to "by a party about to be ousted "...I know the LNP have to get back in one day but it will take a long time for me to trust them after what they did to Qld....I still see signs of the racism and stupidity they harbour in their ranks, even these days....I know Labor has idiots too but not to the same scale in leading positions.
I agree mate. All idiots
Old Sep 1st 2011, 9:48 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
There's now a FB page dedicated to people wanting the child to have a state funeral. WTF has it got to do with anyone other than the parents and his siblings? How dare outsiders think that just because it was a newsworthy story, they have a right to dictate this shit?

Twinny

One black, one white
Old Sep 1st 2011, 8:05 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

i see, to be honest with no credible opposition your probably right,

i was tryig to make the point that use a kids death for political gain / point scoring was appauling regardless which view of politics you learn towards,

steve
Old Sep 1st 2011, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20

I was thinking WTF, the womans weekly is now using the case as its cover story this month.

It really is about time this case became a private matter and let the poor kid be buried with dignity.

I really hope the person charged IS the guilty one, the whole media circus thing would taint any trial.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 7:23 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The thread

Re-opened this one rather than starting a new one

Brett Cowan found guilty on all three charges. With luck they will throw away the key this time given his previous.

Full story here

Daniel disappeared about a month after we arrived here. We were on the Coast the day he was taken & our son is the same age. It brings a lump to my throat when I see Bruce and Denise Morcombe speak about the loss of their son. It's been over 10 years. A long time for justice to be done
Old Mar 13th 2014, 7:39 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57

Brett Cowan found guilty on all three charges. With luck they will throw away the key this time given his previous.

Full story here

Daniel disappeared about a month after we arrived here. We were on the Coast the day he was taken & our son is the same age. It brings a lump to my throat when I see Bruce and Denise Morcombe speak about the loss of their son. It's been over 10 years. A long time for justice to be done
This poor lads parents must be relieved - hopefully they will get some kind of closure now

What the police did was risky given the legal system but fair play to them, they got it right in this case
Old Mar 13th 2014, 7:47 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
This poor lads parents must be relieved - hopefully they will get some kind of closure now

What the police did was risky given the legal system but fair play to them, they got it right in this case
The judge mentioned the excellent job the under cover cops did in this case this afternoon, unusual I thought..
Old Mar 13th 2014, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57

Full story here

Totally wrong that with his past history he was out after serving such a sort time in jail. No tracking device nothing?.

DM went to my kids school for a while, yet daily you see kids going to school, often alone. Theres one tiny fella who rides a pushbike alone comes out under the underpass, and tries to cross the traffic. He would only be 5 or 6 years old. This BC character might be off the streets now, but as details emerge I hope parents think about what the hell their 6 year old is doing out there alone. BC was one of many suspects, the rest of them are still out there, probably with just as horrific history as the one who cracked and confessed after a huge sum of money was dangled as a carrot.

Last edited by jad n rich; Mar 13th 2014 at 8:27 am.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 9:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if Daniel's family feel any sort of relief now. I imagine it's all too ingrained to feel much of anything. As for kids still being out alone in the area, I can see where most of the parents are coming from. It doesn't help anyone to wrap kids up in cotton wool, and there's probably a touch of lightning never strikes twice.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

TimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of light

Amazed at how WA Police trapped this guy. May he rot in hell.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by TimbersBack
Amazed at how WA Police trapped this guy. May he rot in hell.
Just watched some of the footage where they trapped him into confessing, amazing he did not suspect the cop fiddling with his mobile/recorder and then putting it on the table as they start to talk. and can cowan read? he hands the computer back to the cop who reads it, mumbles something about glasses.

Really creepy part is he looks like some regular bloke you would get down the pub and obviously had no shortage of ladies while he was doing all this.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps I am a lone voice here. But I am very disturbed at how he was trapped. According to this article he could only get in on a big deal if he admitted he was involved in Daniel's murder. So he admitted it. Even though previously in undercover investigations he had not admitted any involvement.

Stings like this remind me of Colin Stagg in the Rachel Nickel case, he implicated himself in something he did not do because he similarly thought there was a reward of some type in pretending he was involved.

No, traps should not be used. It distorts justice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.