Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Daniel Morcombe thread

The Daniel Morcombe thread

Old Aug 30th 2011, 7:24 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Daniel Morcombe thread

Anna Bligh has apparently offered for the Qld state to pay for Daniel's funeral

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...rcombe-funeral

Whilst Daniel's death is absolutly tragic, so is the death of any murdered child, or a child with cancer or a life threatening illness or under tragic circumstances such as the 11 year old who got eaten by a croc during the floods in far north Qld.....

What makes Daniel's death more important than any other kid
Old Aug 30th 2011, 8:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Anna Bligh has apparently offered for the Qld state to pay for Daniel's funeral

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...rcombe-funeral

Whilst Daniel's death is absolutly tragic, so is the death of any murdered child, or a child with cancer or a life threatening illness or under tragic circumstances such as the 11 year old who got eaten by a croc during the floods in far north Qld.....

What makes Daniel's death more important than any other kid
That's unbelievable. As you say, its tragic, but ............
What about the children who died in the floods in January?
Old Aug 30th 2011, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's probably as a mark of respect to Daniel's parents and the effort they've put in over the past eight years to not only find their son, but to raise awareness and educate parents and children in the hope that they can save other children that may be at risk. Daniel's death is no more tragic than that of any other child, but he symbolises every parents worst fear and all of us grieve with his family.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 12:41 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cresta57
I didn't want to kill him Just remove his testicles with something suitable blunt & painful

I was under the impression that the testosterone produced the sexual urges in males, therefore removing the source of testosterone production reduced the libido. No libido no urge to re-offend
That's the theory. But it doesn't work. Abusing children isn't just about sex. Kicks happen in the brain, not just in the libido.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 3:48 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
That's the theory. But it doesn't work. Abusing children isn't just about sex. Kicks happen in the brain, not just in the libido.
Sexual assault/abuse are not about sex. It's about power.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 9:20 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
I think it's probably as a mark of respect to Daniel's parents and the effort they've put in over the past eight years to not only find their son, but to raise awareness and educate parents and children in the hope that they can save other children that may be at risk. Daniel's death is no more tragic than that of any other child, but he symbolises every parents worst fear and all of us grieve with his family.
Mark of respect? I see it as favoritism and another stupid *rule for one* borne out of emotional clap trap politician arse licking popularity poll shite

What happened to Daniel is tragic and I defy anyone to find anyone who doesn't feel the same, we can only begin to imagine what those poor parents have gone through. No one can ever understand unless they've been through it. But a friggin funeral paid for by the state when THOUSANDS of kids die year in year out, of tragic circumstances/ And like Polly said, what about those poor kids who drowned during the floods, one kid lost his life alongside his mother, and the family also found themselves homeless to boot.....

Where was the bleedin state funeral offers then? It's disgusting, in fact it's bloody disgraceful cos stupid Anna Bligh and her mates know people will feel mean saying so even though it's obviously one sided and offered as a popularity contest for the vulgar Labour party. They sure as hell have gone down in my estimation for pulling this fast trick

Daniels parents have done what most parents would do if their child went missing. They never gave up hope and made people aware so that if there was a glimmer of hope he was alive, he'd be found. Or alternatively someone somewhere may just remember something. That's no justification for the state paying for the funeral. None at all. Daniels parents are quite well off by all account..

I'll say it again.

What about all the other kids
Old Aug 31st 2011, 9:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Mark of respect? ...
What about all the other kids
Whilst I'm not as fired up about it as you are, I totally agree. It's obscene.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Whilst I'm not as fired up about it as you are, I totally agree. It's obscene.
Actually i'm not fired up - it don't affect me

...but I'm miffed enough to speak up and be counted.

It's been done for alterior motives and kids are not treated with the same respect and that's pished me right off
Old Aug 31st 2011, 10:38 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you've said there Walt. What a kick in the teeth for parents of children whose disappearance or death has not been so widely publicised. If I were in that situation I would tell the premier thanks, but no thanks and make the funeral private with no media/politicians/gawkers. They have endured years of publicity and should be able to say goodbye to their son in private.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 10:40 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Have the family accepted? I hope they don't. For all the reasons already stated. It just doesn't feel right (and hope that's how the family feel too).
Old Aug 31st 2011, 12:55 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
your joking right?

its simply a polictical statement by a party about to be ousted

"look at us we care"

i think not
Old Aug 31st 2011, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
your joking right?

its simply a polictical statement by a party about to be ousted

"look at us we care"

i think not
Oh joy, trip back to the dark ages coming up.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by fish.01
Oh joy, trip back to the dark ages coming up.
Not sure what you mean there mate?

Why is it the dark ages when people can see through the political media?

The new age should be about equity and honesty not political soundbites mate
Old Aug 31st 2011, 7:50 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what you mean there mate?

Why is it the dark ages when people can see through the political media?

The new age should be about equity and honesty not political soundbites mate
by making this "kind offer" the worst bit to my mind is that now, the family wont have a hope in hell of putting their son to rest peacefully, the media circus will be in full swing, imagine going through the greaving process where every minute detail will be recorded much much more now that bligh and co are trying to show that "they care" how totally insensative on their part, using the death of a kiddie to make a polictical point, so i`m sorry you think i`m some kind of cave dweller but the polictal partys invloved disgust me by their actions

steve
Old Aug 31st 2011, 8:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
by making this "kind offer" the worst bit to my mind is that now, the family wont have a hope in hell of putting their son to rest peacefully, the media circus will be in full swing, imagine going through the greaving process where every minute detail will be recorded much much more now that bligh and co are trying to show that "they care" how totally insensative on their part, using the death of a kiddie to make a polictical point, so i`m sorry you think i`m some kind of cave dweller but the polictal partys invloved disgust me by their actions

steve
That's the way I see it. Bligh and co would be looking to gain points election-wise, the media would love it, and I just think its wrong for politics to be involved in something like this. Plus, what a slap in the face to other parents - almost like saying "your child wasn't media-worthy enough, this one is" .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.