Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Current UK sim-only mobile deals

Current UK sim-only mobile deals

Old May 8th 2017, 4:06 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Current UK sim-only mobile deals

I'm in the UK next week and any info or experience of current sim-only deals would be appreciated - preferably something I can buy at LHR. I'm looking for lots if data. The best I've seen so far is the Virgin 6GB/2500 minutes GBP15 offer
Old May 9th 2017, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current UK sim-only mobile deals

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I'm in the UK next week and any info or experience of current sim-only deals would be appreciated - preferably something I can buy at LHR. I'm looking for lots if data. The best I've seen so far is the Virgin 6GB/2500 minutes GBP15 offer
Just come back after a month and whilst i cannot recommend what to get i can recommend not getting O2 . Reception was shite from as far south as York to as far north as Glasgow and everything inbetween Saw some Us citizens using their data whilst touring Loch Lomond ,asked who their provider was and was told EE
Old May 10th 2017, 1:01 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Just come back after a month and whilst i cannot recommend what to get i can recommend not getting O2 . Reception was shite from as far south as York to as far north as Glasgow and everything inbetween Saw some Us citizens using their data whilst touring Loch Lomond ,asked who their provider was and was told EE
Noted. I used EE in the UK 2 years ago and managed to get data pretty much everywhere. I would say they are the most expensive option over there, a bit like Telstra here
Old May 10th 2017, 1:03 am
Proudly Deplorable

I found this:
Compare Our Best Sim Only Deals | MoneySuperMarket

Easy to compare

Last edited by Amazulu; May 10th 2017 at 2:40 am.
Old May 10th 2017, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

Noted. I used EE in the UK 2 years ago and managed to get data pretty much everywhere. I would say they are the most expensive option over there, a bit like Telstra here
You know the story about them peanuts and monkeys?
Old May 10th 2017, 5:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

That's useful, I've passed it on to the daughter going to the UK. Can't believe how cheap the cheapest are. She's probably going to get two sims, one for the tablet with decent data and one for the mobile with plenty of texts. Looks quite reasonable.
Old May 10th 2017, 6:34 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
That's useful, I've passed it on to the daughter going to the UK. Can't believe how cheap the cheapest are. She's probably going to get two sims, one for the tablet with decent data and one for the mobile with plenty of texts. Looks quite reasonable.
If you are looking at data for a tablet, then can I suggest looking at :

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/3-payg-4g...12gb-data.html

not sure of the terms, but ....
Old May 10th 2017, 9:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

My ipad is running on a Three sim while I'm here this year, excellent coverage and very cheap. Got the sim on ebay before i came over, topped up with a voucher at Heathrow.

Phone is still on EE/orange as it has been for the last 20 years and their coverage is probably the best, though I think there are cheaper options. Its just easier for me to stay with them. If I got a new PAYG I would probably go with Three or O2.

And none of this ID stuff to buy a sim, just buy it, insert and run
Old May 10th 2017, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
My ipad is running on a Three sim while I'm here this year, excellent coverage and very cheap. Got the sim on ebay before i came over, topped up with a voucher at Heathrow.

Phone is still on EE/orange as it has been for the last 20 years and their coverage is probably the best, though I think there are cheaper options. Its just easier for me to stay with them. If I got a new PAYG I would probably go with Three or O2.

And none of this ID stuff to buy a sim, just buy it, insert and run
My O2 PAYG keeps getting cancelled if I don't use it within 3 months. Just had to have it reconnected with a trip to the UK coming in a couple of weeks.
Old May 10th 2017, 10:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
If you are looking at data for a tablet, then can I suggest looking at :

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/3-payg-4g...12gb-data.html

not sure of the terms, but ....
That looks quite good, cheers.
Old May 18th 2017, 12:47 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Last year I used a 3Mobile all-in-one SIM in London which i was able to use in France and Holland for data at no extra charge.