The Cricket Thread

Old Mar 7th 2018, 1:40 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Warner is a bogan bully and a typical Australian cricketer who likes to dish it out but can't take it back. They are mostly all like this - metrosexual, spoilt bastard (ala viz) wankers with Man Utd frowns - and always have been. Always will

Stick it up 'em boys. Set KG on to them - he won't back down to these pricks
This attitude has spread downwards through the team to the likes of Nathan Lyon getting a slap on the wrists for acting like a knob.

But, hey, to the Aussies it’s “pushing the boundaries to gain a competitive advantage” so fair.

Give me Ben Stokes any day, proper assault charges, actual legal action ... that’s the way to do it. Hmmm ...
Old Mar 7th 2018, 7:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Warner is a bogan bully and a typical Australian cricketer who likes to dish it out but can't take it back. They are mostly all like this - metrosexual, spoilt bastard (ala viz) wankers with Man Utd frowns - and always have been. Always will

Stick it up 'em boys. Set KG on to them - he won't back down to these pricks
Winners are grinners.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 7:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
This attitude has spread downwards through the team to the likes of Nathan Lyon getting a slap on the wrists for acting like a knob.

But, hey, to the Aussies it’s “pushing the boundaries to gain a competitive advantage” so fair.

Give me Ben Stokes any day, proper assault charges, actual legal action ... that’s the way to do it. Hmmm ...
Stokes will get off this. Affray is an easy one to defend. Not sure why they didn't throw an assault charge in there. He clearly assaulted someone in the video.

The charge states that his “conduct was such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for his personal safety”.

Really. Ok. Just claim self defence.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Thing being of course Warner is paid a shed load of money to represent his country and needs to learn to control his Bogan temperament when things don't go his way.

Aussies have a reputation for being first class sledges and I recall historically some of the shite they sprouted was conceived as hurtful to the opposition receiving player. It of course works both way. Instead of coming over the Ugly Aussie (a term often used when Australia toured England a few decades back, due to their child like, tough guy antics, it should have had a quiet word at a private time to the offending player if felt so strongly about it, or get the captains to mediate.
If Warner harbours aggressive tendencies and anger management problems he probably should seek counselling to overcome personality flaws.

I wonder why so many Australians appear to be bad sports? I don't only refer to cricket.
Old Mar 10th 2018, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Thing being of course Warner is paid a shed load of money to represent his country and needs to learn to control his Bogan temperament when things don't go his way.

Aussies have a reputation for being first class sledges and I recall historically some of the shite they sprouted was conceived as hurtful to the opposition receiving player. It of course works both way. Instead of coming over the Ugly Aussie (a term often used when Australia toured England a few decades back, due to their child like, tough guy antics, it should have had a quiet word at a private time to the offending player if felt so strongly about it, or get the captains to mediate.
If Warner harbours aggressive tendencies and anger management problems he probably should seek counselling to overcome personality flaws.

I wonder why so many Australians appear to be bad sports? I don't only refer to cricket.
So I played cricket this afternoon, a do or die affair for the finals in Warner territory down in Matraville.

I have been involved loads of banter on the pitch before. All good fun, but today was insane. Some of the stuff coming from the mouths of the opposition was insane.

Best part was, we won, and the opposition was predominantly English. Who would have thought.
Old Mar 10th 2018, 8:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beoz
So I played cricket this afternoon, a do or die affair for the finals in Warner territory down in Matraville.

I have been involved loads of banter on the pitch before. All good fun, but today was insane. Some of the stuff coming from the mouths of the opposition was insane.

Best part was, we won, and the opposition was predominantly English. Who would have thought.

If your wife has an illustrious sexual past, then you keep your gob shut if you're embarassed by it don't you? It's pretty easy, I mean it would be if Warner had an ounce of sense. Wasn't Warner giving Bairstow some shit about his late Father? We're in give can't take territory here.

That Saffa seems to hate Warners wife, but she smply loves De Kock, see it writes itself
Old Mar 10th 2018, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

Warner's a bell end, just another Aussie who gave some abuse, then copped a better standard of abuse back and cried about it.
Old Mar 10th 2018, 11:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

I take it you refer to the local opposition at a Sydney urban match and not the South African team as being predominately English, as I first read it?

Never found cricket a problem played in the burbs, but from here say the same cannot be said for soccer, especially junior soccer, when parents get involved.
Old Mar 10th 2018, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Warner's a bell end, just another Aussie who gave some abuse, then copped a better standard of abuse back and cried about it.

Fully in agreement. An all too common Aussie feat, among too many, getting enjoyment in making another feel bad, then crying spilt milk when they bite back.

South Africans, on the other hand are more than their equals at giving it back. The player is question though is I understand of a quiet disposition and had endured that Bogan's Ocker taunts until obviously a breaking point was reached.

But as I say the South Africans themselves are more than capable, thankfully of giving it back and more to The Aussies.
Old Mar 10th 2018, 11:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fully in agreement. An all too common Aussie feat, among too many, getting enjoyment in making another feel bad, then crying spilt milk when they bite back.

South Africans, on the other hand are more than their equals at giving it back. The player is question though is I understand of a quiet disposition and had endured that Bogan's Ocker taunts until obviously a breaking point was reached.

But as I say the South Africans themselves are more than capable, thankfully of giving it back and more to The Aussies.
Perhaps clean up your own English mouth crap with a bit a soap and water, and your crowds, then you have half a chance of pointing fingers at Australians and South Africans.
Old Mar 11th 2018, 12:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Perhaps clean up your own English mouth crap with a bit a soap and water, and your crowds, then you have half a chance of pointing fingers at Australians and South Africans.
Now the perfect time to relax those over taxed two brain cells, which have obviously been doing over time. I seem to recall you being the Englishman so have a quiet word to your countrymen why don't you?

Pointing finger at South Africans? Only as far as the victory at the PE stadium.
Old Mar 11th 2018, 12:52 am
Account Closed

You Aussies bite every time, even when you win you lose, it must be some sort of gift Don't remember any finger pointing at the Saffas either, you trying to recruit some backup dear boy?

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Mar 11th 2018 at 1:06 am.
Old Mar 11th 2018, 3:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I assume the poster in question whom in looking for that Zulu bloke for support. He doesn't go well alone in mano a mano combat. Poor lad. Hard to work out at times if he is a soft centred Aussie, who enjoys giving it out but breaks down in tears when confronted, or a Pom that's attempting to deride his working class roots by living in denial.

As for South Africa an odd comment , considering they are whom I'm with on this occasion for the road to victory.
Old Mar 11th 2018, 3:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Now the perfect time to relax those over taxed two brain cells, which have obviously been doing over time. I seem to recall you being the Englishman so have a quiet word to your countrymen why don't you?

Pointing finger at South Africans? Only as far as the victory at the PE stadium.
Brain cells and Englishmen? Do keep up.
Old Mar 11th 2018, 3:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I assume the poster in question whom in looking for that Zulu bloke for support. He doesn't go well alone in mano a mano combat. Poor lad. Hard to work out at times if he is a soft centred Aussie, who enjoys giving it out but breaks down in tears when confronted, or a Pom that's attempting to deride his working class roots by living in denial.

As for South Africa an odd comment , considering they are whom I'm with on this occasion for the road to victory.
Yes South Africans, Scots, Germans, Irish, Welsh, French, Argies, and Aussie all share something in common ...... they find English sporting teams and their supporters totally obnoxious, which is kind of a weird trait to possess considering you lose so much.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.