The Cricket Thread

Old Nov 23rd 2017, 10:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I thought it was a great day of cricket, interestingly most of the Aussies around me also found it dull.

I guess they are used to flat track bullies smashing it to all parts on a road and not relatively inexperienced batsmen grafting it out on a tricky wicket.
It was a flat track.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

The Aussies are finding it dull because England are refusing to be dictated to and drawn into 1 dayer. This is test cricket, and the Aussie patience is being tested to the limit, look at their little faces. This is a great innings from England, next innings we'll see Cooke getting his hirst century. You can sy what you like about the wicket, say what you like about what should be getting scored on it, but the evidence of the reality is staring you in the face. This is going to be a great series.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 12:17 am
Account Closed

Ebb and flow, enthralling to watch.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 1:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

KEVIN Pietersen still hates Brisbane and reckons England is next to no chance of winning an Ashes series full of no-name players.

One of the most divisive players in England cricket is back in his most loathed city to commentate on today’s first Test at the Gabba.

Pietersen played in the 2013-14 Ashes which Australia won 5-0 and ultimately proved to be his final Test series for England.

The 37-year-old South African has been a vocal critic of The River City and said his views hadn’t changed over the years.
“It’s a s**thole,” he said.

“I’ve got the Test match then I’ll be on the first aeroplane out of here as soon as the last ball is bowled, don’t worry.”

Ashes 2017: Kevin Pietersen sledges ‘s**thole’ Brisbane
Old Nov 24th 2017, 3:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Beoz
KEVIN Pietersen still hates Brisbane and reckons England is next to no chance of winning an Ashes series full of no-name players.

One of the most divisive players in England cricket is back in his most loathed city to commentate on today’s first Test at the Gabba.

Pietersen played in the 2013-14 Ashes which Australia won 5-0 and ultimately proved to be his final Test series for England.

The 37-year-old South African has been a vocal critic of The River City and said his views hadn’t changed over the years.
“It’s a s**thole,” he said.

“I’ve got the Test match then I’ll be on the first aeroplane out of here as soon as the last ball is bowled, don’t worry.”

Ashes 2017: Kevin Pietersen sledges ‘s**thole’ Brisbane
Does anyone care what he thinks about anything anymore? He's as relevant as Peters and Lee EDIT: Although he did just say don't judge a wicket til both teams have batted, which would seem pretty sensible at 76 for 4

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Nov 24th 2017 at 4:13 am.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 7:22 am
Account Closed

It would seem to be advantage Aussies at stumps on day 2, I'm loving this already.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 8:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I still have your number, will see how the day goes.

I didn’t drink yesterday (driving) so might make up for it tomorrow!
Old Nov 24th 2017, 9:39 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Another dull day, so dull I may well get tickets for day 4 to really bore myself senseless.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Another dull day, so dull I may well get tickets for day 4 to really bore myself senseless.
Today was much more interesting. Wickets wickets wickets, then a batten down the hatches period, then a bunch of runs, then a couple of overs of night watchmenship.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 11:08 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Its dull. Army are very quiet (allegedly warned by Cricket Australia), fun police are out in force, the cricket itself is nothing to write home about.
Highlight of the day is getting a decent beer at the Pineapple at 9am, after that its all downhill.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 12:04 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its dull. Army are very quiet (allegedly warned by Cricket Australia), fun police are out in force, the cricket itself is nothing to write home about.
Highlight of the day is getting a decent beer at the Pineapple at 9am, after that its all downhill.
Sounds ghastly, no way this is the most interesting opening to an Ashes series that I can remember, no way at all.

Might not bother tomorrow.

Malcolm Young special on Rage tonight, might be there late anyway.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 7:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Is this for real? If so you should send the documentation to A Current Affair.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 7:42 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Beoz
Is this for real? If so you should send the documentation to A Current Affair.
Why should I? I've got enough to worry about just getting out of bed in the morning.
The media already have the info, its them that we are getting it from, If the Barmy Army want to fight it thats up to them not me, and why would Current Affair would take the side of a bunch of Brits against one of their beloved Aussies anyway?!
Old Nov 24th 2017, 8:58 pm
Account Closed

Why should I? I've got enough to worry about just getting out of bed in the morning.
The media already have the info, its them that we are getting it from, If the Barmy Army want to fight it thats up to them not me, and why would Current Affair would take the side of a bunch of Brits against one of their beloved Aussies anyway?!
I saw a clip of the Ritchie Benauds with trumpets, no sound though so I couldn't tell you if they were real. Wasn't it the Gabba that the army were banned from trumpeting at? Pretty poor show if that's the case, and plays right into the hands of the bad sportsmen / chip on their shoulder brigade.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 9:26 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
I saw a clip of the Ritchie Benauds with trumpets, no sound though so I couldn't tell you if they were real. Wasn't it the Gabba that the army were banned from trumpeting at? Pretty poor show if that's the case, and plays right into the hands of the bad sportsmen / chip on their shoulder brigade.
They are allowing Billy from the Barmy Army to trumpet, though on the first day if he played at all it was so quiet we couldn't hear him, and we are in the next block of seats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.