The Cricket Thread

Old Jul 6th 2017, 12:39 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Given the way England have started against SA I don't think it'll make much of a difference if they are playing Australia Z.

I'm only playing on Sunday to give myself a chance of selection. True blue Aussie here mate, I've got stubby coolers coming out of the wazoo.

And fook me, how many fridge magnets does a family need?
Big Vern!
Old Jul 6th 2017, 12:44 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Can't help long term relationships, all very reminiscent of the World Series Cricket era.

I find the player's united stance very refreshing actually. I hope they bend CA over the barrel as far as they can before a resolution is inevitably found before the cash cow of an Ashes series arrives.
I kind of agree. CA are the ones moving the goalposts here - nobody likes to give up something that has been freely offered to you

I see 'why aren't the women making as much as the men - this is sexism' story is starting up again. Women cricketers don't make as much as their male counterparts as they only bring in a fraction of the money that the men do. Simple supply/demand economics
Old Jul 6th 2017, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. I have tickets booked for Adelaide and the usual membership privileges for Sydney. Surely the cost to CA is too much to for go an Ashes series.
Old Jul 7th 2017, 2:16 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Yep. I have tickets booked for Adelaide and the usual membership privileges for Sydney. Surely the cost to CA is too much to for go an Ashes series.
ECB state they won't tour without a MoU in place by October, let the brinkmanship continue.

Hey, I've booked annual leave anyway, I win!

In the meantime the SA test is getting interesting.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 10:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch. The Ben Stokes fight was a bit nasty.

If England don't sack him, he's got to go close to getting convicted. Maybe self defence at the beginning but the later half certainly wasn't.

I wonder how a conviction will affect his visa chances.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 11:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ouch. The Ben Stokes fight was a bit nasty.

If England don't sack him, he's got to go close to getting convicted. Maybe self defence at the beginning but the later half certainly wasn't.

I wonder how a conviction will affect his visa chances.
If he's convicted surely he''ll have a spot in the Aussie squad. That was one cracking knock out punch, made Warner look like a girl.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
If he's convicted surely he''ll have a spot in the Aussie squad. That was one cracking knock out punch, made Warner look like a girl.
Didn't Warner slap a girl? Oh I forgot, just a bloke that looked like a girl.

Yep, he gave that guy a thrashing. Serves him right for swinging a bottle around.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 10:10 pm
Account Closed

Didn't Warner slap a girl? Oh I forgot, just a bloke that looked like a girl.

Yep, he gave that guy a thrashing. Serves him right for swinging a bottle around.
And so the banter begins, here's looking forward to a great series, some great sportsmanship, some great skill, and of course some out of the park piss taking. May the sledging be near the mark but not over it.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 10:32 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Defending some gay guys getting abused apparently, he’ll play.

Going to be an interesting series, both teams far from their peak.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

Good for him, a true Englishman. As long as they're on a par with eachother that's the only thing that matters. A test of intestinal fortitude is what's called for
Old Sep 28th 2017, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I can't see him avoiding a conviction.

I hope he does play, he is Englands best player.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 11:01 pm
Account Closed

I can't see him avoiding a conviction.

I hope he does play, he is Englands best player.
He's getting anger management counselling, for standing up for someone being bullied, should be getting a medal instead.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 3:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
He's getting anger management counselling, for standing up for someone being bullied, should be getting a medal instead.
Agree. Unfortunately its the namby pamby world we live in now. You can only throw one punch in self defence. Any more is seen as stepping over the line. He should have got him after the first swing of the bottle.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 3:53 am
Account Closed

Agree. Unfortunately its the namby pamby world we live in now. You can only throw one punch in self defence. Any more is seen as stepping over the line. He should have got him after the first swing of the bottle.
Bloody shame, but at least this'll do for Stokesy's street cred, what getting shit faced after his ashes win did for Flintoff, cement his place in the hearts of Englishmen everywhere
Old Oct 1st 2017, 1:19 am
Mostly Harmless

And in other news the players are off to Amsterdam for a stag do.

What can possibly go wrong?

Maybe the Ashes just isn’t the priority anymore. T20 rules ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.