The Cricket Thread

Old Mar 29th 2017, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by OzTennis
It's satisfactory enough when bundled with his batting is the point. Nevill's been tried and failed. You didn't name a replacement, just opened your trap and rattled. Ever heard of 'Irongloves'? One of the best wicketkeeper/batsmen in time.
Post 1294 "find a keeper who can catch as well as bat"

Now you want you strive to finding someone who can do both don't you? Challenging me on naming one is not clever. All you have to do is agree and say "yes we could do with someone who has both talents"

But your not the agreeing type compounded by your lack of cricket knowledge.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 7:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Post 1294 "find a keeper who can catch as well as bat"

Now you want you strive to finding someone who can do both don't you? Challenging me on naming one is not clever. All you have to do is agree and say "yes we could do with someone who has both talents"

But your not the agreeing type compounded by your lack of cricket knowledge.
You are the sort of analyst who says Messi doesn't get back and defend enough. At the risk of repeating myself, considering who is available and what he showed in India, Wade is there to stay presently because when considering his keeping on tricky wickets and his batting and his competitiveness he won't be dropped. If you can name the person who the selectors should put in instead of Wade that's constructive. Don't patronise me about my cricket knowledge. In all matters, if someone disagrees with you it's because they are uneducated or lack knowledge or let someone else do their thinking for them or they quote left wing rags or whatever.

And just to show how out of step your opinion on this one is:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket...4061892eceMatt
"Matt Renshaw, Matthew Wade set to benefit big-time when Australia releases new contracts list"

"Wade has not held a full-year contract for several years but is set to rocket into Australia’s top 10 as Australia’s Test and 50-over gloveman.
Wade went to India knowing a poor tour could end his Test career but performed capably with the bat and gloves to ensure he will keep the talented Peter Nevill at bay for the start of the Ashes next summer."

Last edited by OzTennis; Mar 30th 2017 at 7:51 am.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

You are the sort of analyst who says Messi doesn't get back and defend enough.
Ha ha. Not even close. That's like saying Mitchell Starc should keep more.

Keep up the laughs
Old Mar 30th 2017, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha. Not even close. That's like saying Mitchell Starc should keep more.

Keep up the laughs
No apology for your assessment of Wade in the face of the evidence to the contrary and your thinking is too shallow to understand the Messi comment.

You are saying you know 'better' than Lehmann and CA etc.

Last edited by OzTennis; Mar 30th 2017 at 8:21 am.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No apology for your assessment of Wade in the face of the evidence to the contrary and your thinking is too shallow to understand the Messi comment.
I didn't read your plagiarised assessment. Instead I watched the series and made my own judgement. We need a better keeper.

Your Messi comment was too funny to pass up.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I didn't read your plagiarised assessment. Instead I watched the series and made my own judgement. We need a better keeper.

Your Messi comment was too funny to pass up.
Well it appears your assessment was wrong doesn't it? New bumper contract from CA and more knowledgeable people than you (I'm too modest to include myself in that) said he actually kept well in India (the Age, News and CA). End of.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well it appears your assessment was wrong doesn't it? New bumper contract from CA and more knowledgeable people than you (I'm too modest to include myself in that) said he actually kept well in India (the Age, News and CA). End of.
Not sure what your argument is. Money, contracts, so what. It still doesn't change the fact we need a well class keeper. We don't have one.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 12:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not sure what your argument is. Money, contracts, so what. It still doesn't change the fact we need a well class keeper. We don't have one.
You think Wade isn't up to scratch; I do. End of. You've tried the usual denigration, you've tried the usual you watched it and came to this conclusion etc but I've pointed you to other assessments that Wade did well and his 'bumper contract' is also endorsement of that. He has cemented his place in the team for now, move on. (well class?)
Old Mar 31st 2017, 1:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Questions also need to be asked about Amla. I know he is a fixture in the team but his form of late has been distinctly average
True. I hope he gets back to form soon. When he plays well, he is awesome to watch.
Old Mar 31st 2017, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Alfresco
True. I hope he gets back to form soon. When he plays well, he is awesome to watch.
'To every thing, turn, turn, turn, there is a season, turn, turn, turn'? Could be past it, hope not, he has been a great batsman.
Old Jul 6th 2017, 7:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cricket pay dispute: Australia A tour of South Africa called off

Get it sorted you Aussie tossspots, I know you're scared but you need the practice for the Ashes
Old Jul 6th 2017, 7:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Cricket pay dispute: Australia A tour of South Africa called off

Get it sorted you Aussie tossspots, I know you're scared but you need the practice for the Ashes
Its going to be one hell of a mess if they don't get it sorted by November......
Old Jul 6th 2017, 8:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its going to be one hell of a mess if they don't get it sorted by November......
I never thought they'd actualy do it, quite damaging for the team I'd have thought.
Old Jul 6th 2017, 12:27 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Given the way England have started against SA I don't think it'll make much of a difference if they are playing Australia Z.

I'm only playing on Sunday to give myself a chance of selection. True blue Aussie here mate, I've got stubby coolers coming out of the wazoo.

And fook me, how many fridge magnets does a family need?
Old Jul 6th 2017, 12:32 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
I never thought they'd actualy do it, quite damaging for the team I'd have thought.
Can't help long term relationships, all very reminiscent of the World Series Cricket era.

I find the player's united stance very refreshing actually. I hope they bend CA over the barrel as far as they can before a resolution is inevitably found before the cash cow of an Ashes series arrives.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.