The Cricket Thread

Old Mar 24th 2017, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

So I just read Kohli is out of the final test due to injury. Bit of a shame. He's entertaining. Brings the spark.

I was just in a cab with a Indian driver. I asked his perpective. Happy. He doesn't like Kohli. Thinks he plays it up and a captain should be reserved, thinking about winning. Big Dhoni fan.

Interesting perpective from the locals.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 10:50 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
So I just read Kohli is out of the final test due to injury. Bit of a shame. He's entertaining. Brings the spark.

I was just in a cab with a Indian driver. I asked his perpective. Happy. He doesn't like Kohli. Thinks he plays it up and a captain should be reserved, thinking about winning. Big Dhoni fan.

Interesting perpective from the locals.
I like the edge Kohli brings and his competitive spirit. Very much like Australian captains of old I'd say ... abrasive.

I had the same conversation with a Kiwi about McCullum and he had the same opinion regarding a more reserved manner.

Another good Test on the go here, great series.
Old Mar 27th 2017, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I like the edge Kohli brings and his competitive spirit. Very much like Australian captains of old I'd say ... abrasive.

I had the same conversation with a Kiwi about McCullum and he had the same opinion regarding a more reserved manner.

Another good Test on the go here, great series.
Doesn't seem to matter at this stage of the match.
Old Mar 27th 2017, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Doesn't seem to matter at this stage of the match.
Well looks like an Indian series win. So close yet so far. Had we have won in India, it was worth a public holiday for sure.

Australia should be proud of their efforts. They've come along way since the Hobart test, get rid of Marsh (get rid of anyone who's name is Marsh) and find a keeper who can catch as well as bat, and we should take No 1 ranking no sweat.

Old Mar 28th 2017, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Well looks like an Indian series win. So close yet so far. Had we have won in India, it was worth a public holiday for sure.

Australia should be proud of their efforts. They've come along way since the Hobart test, get rid of Marsh (get rid of anyone who's name is Marsh) and find a keeper who can catch as well as bat, and we should take No 1 ranking no sweat.

MATTHEW WADE
Four Tests: 196 runs at 32.66
Like his skipper, the chirpy gloveman was never far from the headlines - but has solidified his spot. Provided some handy knocks with the bat, including a gritty 40 in Bengaluru, 37 in Ranchi and a half-century in the first innings in Dharamsala to ensure a competitive first innings total of 300. After the disaster of 2013, Wade redeemed himself with the gloves in cricket's toughest terrain, both through his catching and stumpings on unpredictable surfaces. Never short of a word, he found himself in a heated exchange with Jadeja in the final Test.
Rating: 7

Australia v India Test series 2017: Warner flops - rating the Australians
I would have said Wade was satisfactory in the series but you wouldn't agree so another opinion. Reality check - 3 series losses in a row and the middle order still concerning - from 1-0 up in the series, too many 2nd innings collapses.

Last edited by OzTennis; Mar 28th 2017 at 9:25 am.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 11:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by OzTennis
MATTHEW WADE
Four Tests: 196 runs at 32.66
Like his skipper, the chirpy gloveman was never far from the headlines - but has solidified his spot. Provided some handy knocks with the bat, including a gritty 40 in Bengaluru, 37 in Ranchi and a half-century in the first innings in Dharamsala to ensure a competitive first innings total of 300. After the disaster of 2013, Wade redeemed himself with the gloves in cricket's toughest terrain, both through his catching and stumpings on unpredictable surfaces. Never short of a word, he found himself in a heated exchange with Jadeja in the final Test.
Rating: 7

Australia v India Test series 2017: Warner flops - rating the Australians
I would have said Wade was satisfactory in the series but you wouldn't agree so another opinion. Reality check - 3 series losses in a row and the middle order still concerning - from 1-0 up in the series, too many 2nd innings collapses.
Wade was a joke with the gloves. He is not of international standard and if he couldn't bat, he would be be lucky to make a state side.

You clearly didn't watch it and make your decisions through the opinion of others, rather than making your own mind up.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 12:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Wade was a joke with the gloves. He is not of international standard and if he couldn't bat, he would be be lucky to make a state side.

You clearly didn't watch it and make your decisions through the opinion of others, rather than making your own mind up.
Predictable response and the last sentence is utter p*sh. I watched all 4 tests and as I said and as the assessment of the team said he was satisfactory. Presumably you want someone who is a better keeper and bats better than Wade - name him.

Last edited by OzTennis; Mar 28th 2017 at 12:51 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Predictable response and the last sentence is utter p*sh. I watched all 4 tests and as I said and as the assessment of the team said he was satisfactory. Presumably you want someone who is a better keeper and bats better than Wade - name him.
Yes. That's correct Sport. Like your cricket knowledge, his keeping is not of international standard.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 11:37 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the rain gods are smiling on SA
Old Mar 29th 2017, 12:33 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

That's it, match drawn

SA win yet another away series and now replace Australia at No.2

Great year ahead - England away and then India at home. Keep pushing and winning and regain our rightful spot at No.1
Old Mar 29th 2017, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
That's it, match drawn

SA win yet another away series and now replace Australia at No.2

Great year ahead - England away and then India at home. Keep pushing and winning and regain our rightful spot at No.1
Indeed. Onward and upward.

Should be interesting, the next two series.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 11:35 am
Proudly Deplorable

Indeed. Onward and upward.

Should be interesting, the next two series.
Incredible how close the NZ series was - if it wasn't for the rain today and half a session in Wellington, it could have been a very different outcome

SA need to sort their top order out - it really isn't working too well. Duminy has to go but we really need AB back
Old Mar 29th 2017, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Incredible how close the NZ series was - if it wasn't for the rain today and half a session in Wellington, it could have been a very different outcome

SA need to sort their top order out - it really isn't working too well. Duminy has to go but we really need AB back
I agree completely.

Duminy is dead wood. Someone else could be shining in his place. AB is needed for sure.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 11:40 am
Proudly Deplorable

I agree completely.

Duminy is dead wood. Someone else could be shining in his place. AB is needed for sure.
Questions also need to be asked about Amla. I know he is a fixture in the team but his form of late has been distinctly average
Old Mar 29th 2017, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes. That's correct Sport. Like your cricket knowledge, his keeping is not of international standard.
It's satisfactory enough when bundled with his batting is the point. Nevill's been tried and failed. You didn't name a replacement, just opened your trap and rattled. Ever heard of 'Irongloves'? One of the best wicketkeeper/batsmen in time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.