The Cricket Thread

Old Jan 4th 2015, 11:47 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by Beoz
Are you sure English supporters turn up to everything in mass numbers despite how their team is doing or who they are playing?

Granted the Barmy Army does but its more of a holiday and a p*** up than anything else. I've sat in the Barmy Army and there is little cricket watched, especially after lunch when the mid strength starts kicking in. Great fun through.

Its far easier to get a ticket for Samoa v England at Twickers than it is for AB's v England. Where are the supporters for the Samoan game?

Same in Oz. In fact its was a lot harder to get a ticket to the French v Wallabies game at the Football Stadium than it was Wallabies v All Blacks at the crap stadium. I mean who wants to travel out to Sydney's deepest darkest western suburbs on a Saturday night when you can pop down to Paddo on a Saturday afternoon.
I'm over the Barmy Army - and they should really be over themselves

They were once fun and added something to the game but now they just look sad and pathetic

Time to move on boys
Old Jan 5th 2015, 12:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you sure English supporters turn up to everything in mass numbers despite how their team is doing or who they are playing?

Granted the Barmy Army does but its more of a holiday and a p*** up than anything else. I've sat in the Barmy Army and there is little cricket watched, especially after lunch when the mid strength starts kicking in. Great fun through.

Its far easier to get a ticket for Samoa v England at Twickers than it is for AB's v England. Where are the supporters for the Samoan game?

Same in Oz. In fact its was a lot harder to get a ticket to the French v Wallabies game at the Football Stadium than it was Wallabies v All Blacks at the crap stadium. I mean who wants to travel out to Sydney's deepest darkest western suburbs on a Saturday night when you can pop down to Paddo on a Saturday afternoon.
You're not talking about how a team is doing though are you? You're talking about more people turning up to bigger games in the English case, and Aussies turning up to games you all thought you'd win in the Australian case

Barmy army aside, I've always found support to be a lot less fickle in England, support your team through thick and thin is how I was brought up. Changing which team you support at 30(yes I've seen it done here) is astounding to me
Old Jan 5th 2015, 12:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I'm over the Barmy Army - and they should really be over themselves

They were once fun and added something to the game but now they just look sad and pathetic

Time to move on boys
They also make a lot of people a lot of money
Old Jan 5th 2015, 12:51 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
They also make a lot of people a lot of money
Fair enough but they're just boring now

How's Jimmy Saville?
Old Jan 5th 2015, 12:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

You're not talking about how a team is doing though are you? You're talking about more people turning up to bigger games in the English case, and Aussies turning up to games you all thought you'd win in the Australian case

Barmy army aside, I've always found support to be a lot less fickle in England, support your team through thick and thin is how I was brought up. Changing which team you support at 30(yes I've seen it done here) is astounding to me
You could take the Wallabies v All Blacks. We haven't beaten them in years but generally draws a big crowd.

I went to the Oz v Brazil game in the German World Cup 2006. There was massive Aussie support in Munich for it and we were never going to beat them.

English club football tends to attract sellouts no matter where the team is in the table. A few reasons as I see it.

Often 1 team per town except in the bigger places like London and Manchester. Therefore a larger pool to attract.

Not much else to do in winter.

The membership system encourages a sense of loyalty and a sense of "I must get my money's worth"

It tends to also be a little more tribal if I'm making sense. Bit like what we see in Victoria with the AFL.
Old Jan 5th 2015, 1:05 am
Account Closed

Fair enough but they're just boring now

How's Jimmy Saville?
I was just thinking how shite he must be feeling now poor bugger haha
Old Jan 5th 2015, 1:28 am
Proudly Deplorable

I was just thinking how shite he must be feeling now poor bugger haha
He'll never be able to live that down!

Someone needs to tell the Aussie fans who Jimmy Saville was so that they can rip into him during the next ashes
Old Jan 5th 2015, 1:48 am
Account Closed

Someone needs to tell the Aussie fans who Jimmy Saville was so that they can rip into him during the next ashes
I agree, but they can't seem to master the art of piss taking, one rendition of 2 little boys from the army and they'll shut up

Early prediction, England to win the next ashes 3-1, you heard it here first
Old Jan 5th 2015, 1:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Done

Old Jan 5th 2015, 2:16 am
Account Closed

here y'are, have a real one home grown too

Old Jan 5th 2015, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

here y'are, have a real one home grown too

Two Little Boys - Rolf Harris - YouTube
See what happens when you move to the UK and become British
Old Jan 5th 2015, 6:21 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

See what happens when you move to the UK and become British
What happens when you come from the UK and pretend to be Australian?
Old Jan 5th 2015, 6:26 am
Proudly Deplorable

I agree, but they can't seem to master the art of piss taking, one rendition of 2 little boys from the army and they'll shut up

Early prediction, England to win the next ashes 3-1, you heard it here first
peedy banter between the BA and Aussie fans - not good

England won't win but I hope they do as it will positively affect SA's test ranking
Old Jan 5th 2015, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I still can't find the 'I was wrong about Steve Smith' or 'maybe we're not going to whitewash the Windies' comments, just pontificating about the supporters of other teams.
Old Jan 5th 2015, 7:31 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by OzTennis
I still can't find the 'I was wrong about Steve Smith' or 'maybe we're not going to whitewash the Windies' comments, just pontificating about the supporters of other teams.
Is this post directed at me? If so, quote me and I will reply. Don't be one of those BE posters that don't quote because they are cowards and can't hold a debate or argument

I'll wait for your post

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.