The Cricket Thread

Old Mar 27th 2018, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by DeadVim
The entertainment factor is high, well played chaps, I thought I was getting bored with the seemingly endless cricket season.

Judgement day tomorrow apparently. Boofhead/Shrek will go for sure.
Tomorrow? You think this will end tomorrow? This has got lots of twists and turns coming. It will also bleed to other teams. Watch this space. Can't wait for the movie.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 10:07 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Tomorrow? You think this will end tomorrow? This has got lots of twists and turns coming. It will also bleed to other teams. Watch this space. Can't wait for the movie.
I reckon Warner is behind all of this yet Smith, rightly or wrongly, is taking all the shit

Warner is pure poison
Old Mar 27th 2018, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I reckon Warner is behind all of this yet Smith, rightly or wrongly, is taking all the shit

Warner is pure poison
Totally agree. The knives are out for Warner. His team mates have told the management they want him gone. A mercenary for hire on the 20/20 circuit seems like his only future. I bet there's a few nervous players around the world right now worried about their lucrative endorsement packages. If he goes down he'll probably take a few with him.

Next twist is they announce Smith knew nothing after all. He took the bullet for the team. That would make a cool movie.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 2:34 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

No, I don’t think it will end today but the initial sanctions will be handed down to the “leadership team”.

Doubtless other teams are less than spotless in their conduct.

I think the Aussie players involved seriously misjudged how this would be viewed. Smiddy getting booted from his IPL captaincy gig is only the beginning and then there are the sponsors ...

Warner is surely the chief architect in all of this and the others have been taken along for the ride, especially Bancroft.

I sort of feel sorry for Smith actually, a long cricket season and he has been struggling with his mindset by self-admission lately.

Win At All Costs Mindset + Struggling in a Test + Mental weakness + Desperation + Suggestion by Bogan Vice Captain tacitly backed by Coach Shrek = This.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 5:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Smith, Warner and Bancroft on their way home.

Lehmann survives...for now.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 6:51 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco

A simple solution would be to make sure the ball is handed to the square leg umpire at the end of each over. He then inspects it and then gives it to the bowler at his end at the commencement of the next over.
It is a simple solution.

It's a shame that such a step needs to be added in a game that was once associated with being a gentleman.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 8:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DeadVim
No, I don’t think it will end today but the initial sanctions will be handed down to the “leadership team”.

Doubtless other teams are less than spotless in their conduct.

I think the Aussie players involved seriously misjudged how this would be viewed. Smiddy getting booted from his IPL captaincy gig is only the beginning and then there are the sponsors ...

Warner is surely the chief architect in all of this and the others have been taken along for the ride, especially Bancroft.

I sort of feel sorry for Smith actually, a long cricket season and he has been struggling with his mindset by self-admission lately.

Win At All Costs Mindset + Struggling in a Test + Mental weakness + Desperation + Suggestion by Bogan Vice Captain tacitly backed by Coach Shrek = This.
I don't feel sorry for Smith, he should have had Warner under control, a tough ask for sure but that's his job. I wouldn't be surprised when this washes up Smith had no part, but took the bullet as the captain, and he can't turn back now as he will be slated as a liar for telling the world he was a part of it. I can't believe 3 knew and at least one of them didn't say no. It doesn't make sense.

Warner is just an angry housing commission kid. Bit like Mike Tyson, Joey Barton. Can't change instinct. The South Africans, Michael Vaughan, etc have jumped on the bandwagon insulting his wife and he has just lost it with no rational thought. Bit like biting the ear of Evander Holyfield.

This is a great soap opera.

Looking forward to seeing how Renshaw, Maxwell and Burns go. Can't imagine the mindset is going to be right for the 4th test but should be interesting none the less.
Old Mar 28th 2018, 5:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

So that's it then. It's all about being bitter and twisted. Awesome. Good to know. Found you out. Too easy.
Perhaps I should've put a question mark after the payback bit. I was trying to express disbelief that you thought I wanted revenge for a bunch of blokes I don't know beating another bunch of blokes that I follow, but also don't know.Also, why would I want payback on you? You had literally nothing to do with it If you're going to advocate sledging may I suggest that you toughen up a bit? I compared you to an oompa loompa remember what sort of adult does that upset?

Blaming it on Warner because he's from a council estate is a bit wank too, you hooked into Cooky for not being able to captain, and if Smithy can't control his team then neither can he, albeit slightly different reasons.

That Lemon bloke is in it up to his eyeballs too. You lot have hero worshipped the Aussie team and fallen for their whiter than white act, so you've just had further to fall than the rest of us and it's your own fault, you were foolish enough to believe their bullshit.

Gilly was the last true sportsman to play for Australia, and he's worshipped as such the world over, rightly so. Bring him in as coach and you might have a team worth saving, keep Lemon and he'll just get them covering up the cheating better.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Mar 28th 2018 at 5:35 am.
Old Mar 28th 2018, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
It is a simple solution.

It's a shame that such a step needs to be added in a game that was once associated with being a gentleman.
Agreed, indeed.
Old Mar 28th 2018, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't feel sorry for Smith, he should have had Warner under control, a tough ask for sure but that's his job. I wouldn't be surprised when this washes up Smith had no part, but took the bullet as the captain, and he can't turn back now as he will be slated as a liar for telling the world he was a part of it. I can't believe 3 knew and at least one of them didn't say no. It doesn't make sense.

Warner is just an angry housing commission kid. Bit like Mike Tyson, Joey Barton. Can't change instinct. The South Africans, Michael Vaughan, etc have jumped on the bandwagon insulting his wife and he has just lost it with no rational thought. Bit like biting the ear of Evander Holyfield.

This is a great soap opera.

Looking forward to seeing how Renshaw, Maxwell and Burns go. Can't imagine the mindset is going to be right for the 4th test but should be interesting none the less.
Well, as a Captain of a national team, he should have known better, just like Hanse Cronje.

Anyway, 12 month bans for Smith and Warner, 9 for Bancroft.

The new guys have everything to play for and bring some credibility back to Australia.
Old Mar 28th 2018, 10:07 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, as a Captain of a national team, he should have known better, just like Hanse Cronje.

The new guys have everything to play for and bring some credibility back to Australia.
12 month ban! That makes it the biggest ball tampering incident since Bruce Jenner
Old Mar 28th 2018, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cresta57
12 month ban! That makes it the biggest ball tampering incident since Bruce Jenner
Old Mar 28th 2018, 10:44 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
How many times have I heard that over the last few days!
Old Mar 28th 2018, 10:46 am
Proudly Deplorable

Too harsh IMO
Old Mar 28th 2018, 11:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Too harsh IMO
It should be:

Warner: LIFE. Bad egg.

Smith: Free to play.

Bancroft: Who cares.

Boof: Fired. Time is up.

Sutherland: Jail. Just keep him away from humans.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.