Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Clearing out the Garage

Clearing out the Garage

Old Jan 3rd 2013, 12:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Clearing out the Garage

For those that haven't been to our place I should explain..... Floor to ceiling boxes of "stuff" dragged 12,000 miles (did I makenthat numbernup? Don't remember...anyway a bloody long way) completely filling our double garage

Need to clear it out to convert half to a room for gorgeous... Or to sell the house... Or just to create a workable space again, not a dumpingnground....

Guess what we've been up to since 0500 this morning?

Tried to distract HIM with cricket and cuppa But it was half over before he'd finished stirring the coffee...

Anyone want any boxes of novels? I have several if you would care to collect them? Save me a tip to salvos this arvo
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clearing out the Garage

Exactly what I/we are supposed to be doing right now... however it's 33 degrees in the shade at present and at least 10 degrees hotter in the Garage.

3 years of accumulated and mobile crap from our pre renovated household to sort through.... somewhere in there is a seemingly small rotisserie unit that I'm determined to get hold of by Friday.

Boy I miss that little unit. Why the hell did my missus move it from it's safe and trusted spot.

Dammit.... LOL... ok into the furnance.. After the coffee and a bit more browsing I guess.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jan 3rd 2013 at 1:44 am.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 2:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Exactly what I/we are supposed to be doing right now... however it's 33 degrees in the shade at present and at least 10 degrees hotter in the Garage.

3 years of accumulated and mobile crap from our pre renovated household to sort through.... somewhere in there is a seemingly small rotisserie unit that I'm determined to get hold of by Friday.

Boy I miss that little unit. Why the hell did my missus move it from it's safe and trusted spot.

Dammit.... LOL... ok into the furnance.. After the coffee and a bit more browsing I guess.
I feel your pain mate....

HE is taking everything out of the garage and putting it all out under the patio...for us to check and chuck.... Bless HIM, he is armed with gauntlets and an industrial size can of mortein.....

I've spent the last hour slinging all the legal documentation for our last 4 house sales...IN THE UK!!!!!...... So that's 20 years and more of paper we didn't need to keep.. Payslips from 1991... Bank statements going back to 2000... JEEZ! why did we bring this shite with us....

But I have found a large orange camp smoker if anyone wants to take it off my hands..... (no not Michael Barrimore)
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 3:46 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Count your blessings Eddie. We don't have a garage (only a carport) so all our (my) "stuff" is stacked in boxes in the hall following a recent reno.

I'd put it in the pergola but my tame wild birds would just poo on everything.

Good luck with the sort out.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Totally feel your pain, that was me last week. Had a 40th to prepare for and said to OH we need to really clear out garage so people can make their way to back garden with kiddies safely. I couldnt believe the shoite OH had been stashing! eg bags of random wood cuttings 'in case' we got a wood-burner some time in the future, electrical items that no longer worked, etc etc.
Filled a whole caged trailer and still had stuff left-over.
The trick is in getting rid of it completely before they have a chance to salvage it back again..
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 7:40 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I do not feel yer pain,i have an old kit bag and a rucksack,enough room to pack my life,anything else is disposable
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
I do not feel yer pain,i have an old kit bag and a rucksack,enough room to pack my life,anything else is disposable
Even the razors?
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 8:45 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Even the razors?
Esp the razors,n the cheese wire,crossbow,knives,C4,torture equipment,condoms(ya never know) etc etc.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 9:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Can I put your three boxes of cds on ebay then?
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 9:22 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

It's bulk junk clean up in our area next week so I've ordered the old man to clear out the crap in our garage. We have a nice pile of old junk out front but the problem is that he keeps picking up "treasures" from around the neighbourhood and replacing our junk with someone else's.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 9:55 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
For those that haven't been to our place I should explain..... Floor to ceiling boxes of "stuff" dragged 12,000 miles (did I makenthat numbernup? Don't remember...anyway a bloody long way) completely filling our double garage

Need to clear it out to convert half to a room for gorgeous... Or to sell the house... Or just to create a workable space again, not a dumpingnground....

Guess what we've been up to since 0500 this morning?

Tried to distract HIM with cricket and cuppa But it was half over before he'd finished stirring the coffee...

Anyone want any boxes of novels? I have several if you would care to collect them? Save me a tip to salvos this arvo
Just done the same.... Our shed was stacked high with boxes so we set about emptying and sorting on a 40 degree day..... felt like 50 in the shed!

Trip to Bunnings for loft boards and we now have a proper pommie loft with all the memorabilia stacked neatly in the loft and I now have a man-cave/workshop with neat and tidy tools, paints etc etc
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 10:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
Just done the same.... Our shed was stacked high with boxes so we set about emptying and sorting on a 40 degree day..... felt like 50 in the shed!

Trip to Bunnings for loft boards and we now have a proper pommie loft with all the memorabilia stacked neatly in the loft and I now have a man-cave/workshop with neat and tidy tools, paints etc etc
We aren't even half way through yet... WTF did we start this for?....

I gave up at 4.... HE wasn't far behind me....

Tomorrow more of the same.... Although it could proove slightly more traumatic.... We have 4 tea chests of baking and cook ware to go through... ARRRRRGHHHHHHH
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h2oskineil

Our loft boards aka mezzanine are chockers with our older two daughters supposed keepsakes.... They haven't been touched in at least 5 years though. So what the hell to do with that stuff.

I gave up after 40 mins of stinging sweaty eyes today,
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 11:34 am
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Can I put your three boxes of cds on ebay then?
Don't be silly wummin,those are highly classified
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 12:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Don't be silly wummin,those are highly classified
Just checking how valuable they are!