Class Distinction

Old Feb 23rd 2008, 3:23 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Class Distinction

There's certainly no class in Australia.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 3:24 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
But when you shag your wife, do you support your weight? A true gentleman always uses his elbows.
Funny I thought true gentlemen used the back door, must have been my rough upbringing
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 3:26 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cresta57
Funny I thought true gentlemen used the back door, must have been my rough upbringing
Shouldn't you see if anyone is at home before opening a door?

I thought the knockers were on the front.

The spirit of Carry On lives ...
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 3:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Shouldn't you see if anyone is at home before opening a door?

I thought the knockers were on the front.
Even to this day I still cough loudly before entering a room. Ever since I caught a mate of my Dad's knocking one off infront of the TV during my formative years.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 3:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
It must come down to peoples formative years... I'm definitely a product of Lewisham, However I spent all of my UK working life in the City of London EC1 around Lombard and Fenchurch st, working alongside public school educated Foreign exchange dealers and Shipbrokers.. There were also amongst those people that came up through the ranks, some did play the class card... but the Majority didn't... consequently when I see a pin striped suited person, I dont automatically assume they are going to look down on me because of my sarf london accent... (hmm its probably aussie now)....

What I mean about the above, is how people perceive class is maybe something to do with how they perceive themselves.

I've just recalled something the most shocking change I ever saw in a person, was in my Days at Morgan Guaranty, when one of the fellows that came up through the ranks, and ended up as a dealing room head...he turned American, it was totally weird... one month a knock about Essex type of geezer drinking in the Red Lion out the back of Lombard st, with us Telex Operators and other sundry staff.. The next month Steel rimmed glasses, a mid atlantic accent and one syllable responses, to anyone he thought wasn't at his level.... there again, he probably ended up working in America... so maybe there was method in what he was doing.
Agreed. The City of London knows no bounds. That Rolex sporting bloke could be a ex Guards officer or a geezer who loves the Hammers.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
No, I didn't mean that at all!
's alright!! I just picked on your post to quote... actually I can't remember why and it's not coming up underneath this one for me now!

I think, in my experience anyway, I knew more people in UK who were more ordinarily 'posh' and also knew how to party with the best of them, whereas in Oz I know more people who are happy to go straight to the party, but can up the ante should the occasion require. The balance just seems to be more towards the casual in Oz - in fact when it comes to dress, it's almost as if there is no such thing as smart casual here, and I have absolutely no need whatsoever for the gorgeous formal dresses that used to get taken out several times a year in UK for posh work dos etc. Shame really! But have to say that thongs and a cotton dress is much more comfortable.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:07 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Backhomeatlast
Just the same over here mate
If you have something to say - say it! Dont come on here using my post as a way of getting across a message that is entirely different to the one I was trying to portray!

Admin: This is a loophole that seriously needs to be addressed! :curse:

Post reported!

Just what is wrong with people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :curse:
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:09 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
If you have something to say - say it! Dont come on here using my post as a way of getting across a message that is entirely different to the one I was trying to portray!

Post reported!

Ignore it Fluff, Mrbackhomeinenglandeventhoughiamsouthafrican is a pain in the rear!

EDIT: just noticed what he had done, what a crappy thing to have done. You do right to have reported it. He is a shit stirrer of the highest order.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by northernbird
Ignore it Fluff, Mrbackhomeinenglandeventhoughiamsouthafrican is a pain in the rear!

EDIT: just noticed what he had done, what a crappy thing to have done. You do right to have reported it. He is a shit stirrer of the highest order.
Seems bizarre that I am unable to PM him - has he been booted? Was looking forward to feeding him a piece of my mind!
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:14 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Seems bizarre that I am unable to PM him - has he been booted? Was looking forward to feeding him a piece of my mind!
Still has a karma button so don't think he has been booted. Given the shit he posts he probably switched off his PM function.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

He did the same thing a few days ago.

He'll have turned them off.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:16 am

Still has a karma button so don't think he has been booted. Given the shit he posts he probably switched off his PM function.
Hmmmmm - no doubt! Had seen his garbage around the forum a few times but never had any direct dealings - until now!
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:26 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Cant say Ive come across it here...
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:38 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Post reported!

I can see why your upset Rob, I've posed the question to the powers that be.
For the record, I think most people are intelligent enough to work out that you didn't actually write the above quote.

Try posing your question/grievance on the site feedback section & someone may come up with a workable solution.
We do need to keep the right to quote, multi quote & part quote though
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by cresta57
I can see why your upset Rob, I've posed the question to the powers that be.
For the record, I think most people are intelligent enough to work out that you didn't actually write the above quote.

Try posing your question/grievance on the site feedback section & someone may come up with a workable solution.
We do need to keep the right to quote, multi quote & part quote though
Thanks for your input Sean Totally agree about keeping the right to quote, multi quote and part quote. It's not often something like this happens - most people are mature enough to avoid the temptation, just a shame it's not all of em!

How are you's anyway? You may not have heard, we are moving North to Mackay in a couple of months - culturing the shoulder pimple nicely - any tips for maximum growth?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.