Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Old May 5th 2016, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Originally Posted by Beoz
Hardly

Perth house prices are plummetting so you no doubt will be picking up the scraps.

Melbourne and Sydney has the problem.

Are they really? Around me they go for 1.2 million and upwards. Put in an offer a few weeks ago at $100,000 less and was turned down. It took several weeks to sell but did so for above asking price, I was later informed.

The problems are pretty much national I feel. Slightly differing issues in places but you can be sure of little benefit like the budget for a good the quarters of the population.
Old May 5th 2016, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Are they really? Around me they go for 1.2 million and upwards. Put in an offer a few weeks ago at $100,000 less and was turned down. It took several weeks to sell but did so for above asking price, I was later informed.

The problems are pretty much national I feel. Slightly differing issues in places but you can be sure of little benefit like the budget for a good the quarters of the population.
No wonder this topic is high on your list. Its all about me me me.

Caught in the act. Its all about you blaming everyone else.

That's the left for you.
Old May 5th 2016, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
I would never vote for a party that supports corporations : some of the stories that emerge from the way directors deal and bully staff is pathetic.

I issue with unions tends to be that the people 'operating' them tend not to be the best businessmen or negotiators. They tend to take a quite simplistic and 'behind the curve' viewpoint that allows the more switched on MBAs to run rings around them (usually aided by bias bad laws written by far right wingers). I've literally seen it happen, planned, etc.
Directors don't make people pay fees to stay with them: if they bully staff perhaps by putting them under pressure they leave as they often have marketable skills. I simply don't see how union officials can say the things they do: I'd simply record them and call the police if they tried it with me on a site. There are obviously so many people infantalised by unions that they feel they can't call out the trouble makers. It seems to create a culture where you end up locked in. Elsewhere other people move on.

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; May 5th 2016 at 12:28 pm.
Old May 5th 2016, 12:43 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Directors don't make people pay fees to stay with them: if they bully staff perhaps by putting them under pressure they leave as they often have marketable skills. I simply don't see how union officials can say the things they do: I'd simply record them and call the police if they tried it with me on a site. There are obviously so many people infantalised by unions that they feel they can't call out the trouble makers. It seems to create a culture where you end up locked in. Elsewhere other people move on.
You have a very strange viewpoint if you think unions can strongarm individuals to a greater extent than business owners. Seriously, outside a few cases unions are there supporting staff against the actions of directors and helping to protect them.

And from personal experience, they have been helpful when support is needed and the company is trying to railroad staff.
Old May 5th 2016, 12:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

You have a very strange viewpoint if you think unions can strongarm individuals to a greater extent than business owners. Seriously, outside a few cases unions are there supporting staff against the actions of directors and helping to protect them.

And from personal experience, they have been helpful when support is needed and the company is trying to railroad staff.
Welcome to the real world. Shit happens at work. If you don't like it (railroading if you want to call it that) move on.
Old May 6th 2016, 1:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

No wonder this topic is high on your list. Its all about me me me.

Caught in the act. Its all about you blaming everyone else.

That's the left for you.

No matter what angle you take your ignorance on the matter shines through.

I just wonder why you take it upon yourself to be a spokesperson for the corporates, whose wrong doings are epidemic, as explained yesterday, the banksters that largely got us into this position through reckless behaviour at the very least, the top one per cent of earners, the supporting of international tax havens that have in effect taken some 42 trillion plus out of circulation, not forgetting the supporting an ideology, proven flawed, that is resulting in ever increasing inequality, not to say a looting of the public purse, for starters. I could go on but you'll get the idea.

On the other hand, being a true liberal, with ideas to match, it is very far removed from any sense of self interest, what I see happening around me.

Evidently for all your bluster you do not support free markets (don't blame you little is free) but doesn't excuse why I wouldn't seek out a more realistic price for an already way over inflated house.

Rather typical double standards of the confused right.
Old May 6th 2016, 1:11 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the real world. Shit happens at work. If you don't like it (railroading if you want to call it that) move on.
Or vote for laws to deal with it, and support unions to fight against it.

Seems a more positive approach than "heh, what can you do?"
Old May 6th 2016, 1:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ridiculous stance to oppose what little protection working people have that being in a union. It really does pay as I have witnessed recently with a proposed restructuring (key word of the moment)of a work place, getting rid of around ten professional staff.
Union intervention into the way the procedure was being conducted has resulted in a stay of execution for those involved and a head rolled at the top.

Shit does happen in the real world but with the knowledge and determination those dumping from high altitudes can indeed be hold accountable.

Professionals for example doctors have their own 'unions' or equivalent of course just as business has those that will bat for them.
Old May 6th 2016, 1:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Or vote for laws to deal with it, and support unions to fight against it.

Seems a more positive approach than "heh, what can you do?"

A role of course those in a position of power would prefer those of lesser means to believe.
Compliancy being the key not fighting back.
Old May 6th 2016, 7:40 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not wildly impressed by Shorten's response to the budget.
Old May 6th 2016, 8:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Ridiculous stance to oppose what little protection working people have that being in a union. It really does pay as I have witnessed recently with a proposed restructuring (key word of the moment)of a work place, getting rid of around ten professional staff.
Union intervention into the way the procedure was being conducted has resulted in a stay of execution for those involved and a head rolled at the top.

Shit does happen in the real world but with the knowledge and determination those dumping from high altitudes can indeed be hold accountable.

Professionals for example doctors have their own 'unions' or equivalent of course just as business has those that will bat for them.
Oh my. 10 people who were no doubt useless or not needed were looking at redundancy. Wow, whoopty doo.

That's business my friend. If you don't like working for the man, and being fired by the man, start a lawn mowing business or something.
Old May 6th 2016, 8:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I'm not wildly impressed by Shorten's response to the budget.
It was a good speech, funny at times, and long. The longer it went on, the more promises he made, so many in fact, in the end you just thought, this bloke is talking out his arse.
Old May 6th 2016, 8:15 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

It was a good speech, funny at times, and long. The longer it went on, the more promises he made, so many in fact, in the end you just thought, this bloke is talking out his arse.
The man who so going to run the country like a union (his words)
Old May 6th 2016, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh my. 10 people who were no doubt useless or not needed were looking at redundancy. Wow, whoopty doo.

That's business my friend. If you don't like working for the man, and being fired by the man, start a lawn mowing business or something.

Oh my. You don't give up peddling nonsense. All professional people involved and management generally inept. CEO that attempted to change the structure relieved of duty himself.
Hardly unique. With the crisis over here pretty much the norm even if not carried out so poorly.

Remember the plebs are supposed to be shorn under the system, not slaughtered. Although I expect a sharp knife to the throat would be judged too humane for you and your ideology.
Old May 6th 2016, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
The man who so going to run the country like a union (his words)
Make a change uniting folk rather than running as a corporation. A nation is far more than being a business concept. Not that I would suppose you'd notice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.