Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Old Jul 8th 2016, 4:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Who has slammed their fists? Not me. I thonk it's quite bizarre how quick you are to defend corporate greed. Maybe you're actually the CEO for CommBank.
Hard to figure out how anyone can be so brainwashed. That particular poster supports the banksters and their rorts, big business can do no wrong and very Darwinism in issues social.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Who has slammed their fists? Not me. I thonk it's quite bizarre how quick you are to defend corporate greed. Maybe you're actually the CEO for CommBank.
May I ask .... what do you actually want from the CBA? Do you want to CBA to give you a weekly profit share just because they are the "big end of town". What are you going to give them in return?

Buys shares in CBA then if you want to be part of the action. No one is stopping you except yourself.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I dont think Ahmed had much focus on his customers or his employees when he and his board unloaded 100's of NAB staff members across the country. I'd say his focus was primarily on his and his boards bonuses and shareholders profits.

Same with Telstra when they shift 100's of jobs overseas, they're not thinking about their customers and definitely not about their employees either.... rather their boards bonuses and shareholders profits.

Thing is Ahmed has now struck the biggest hurdle in his nepotistic mercurial backroom dealing career.... The Victorian branch of the CEPU. When Post goes down... he will go down with it for absolute sure.... I reckon he'll jump ship before then. Especially as Katter and Hanson (spit) will definitely back Post to stay in public hands.

I'm sure people haven't realised how many dirty private deals are going on at a corporate level re Aus post and how much asset stripping is going on with what is supposed to be primarily a government service.
Have NAB staff numbers in Australia actually declined as a result .... of course not.

You shift people and departments around because of business needs. If you don't you go under.

Losing a few 100 who I'm sure were rewarded handsomely saved 1000's.

The way business works which benefits all - not just a few hundred.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
May I ask .... what do you actually want from the CBA? Do you want to CBA to give you a weekly profit share just because they are the "big end of town". What are you going to give them in return?

Buys shares in CBA then if you want to be part of the action. No one is stopping you except yourself.
Yet again you miss the point. I don't work for CBA but I believe that when I perform well and my employing company has a good year, I should benefit from that improved bottom line. That way, we are shown that we are appreciated as an important piece of the machine which led to the increased profit. Rather than just seeing the appreciation go to CEO's and shareholders.

The other reason it's important is so that we are at minimum kept aligned to inflation. Understandably that's not possible when a company is not doing well but when it is and you're not getting that, they are just giving you a pay cut and keeping the results of your hard work to themselves. What do I expect? A pay rise when possible.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yet again you miss the point. I don't work for CBA but I believe that when I perform well and my employing company has a good year, I should benefit from that improved bottom line. That way, we are shown that we are appreciated as an important piece of the machine which led to the increased profit. Rather than just seeing the appreciation go to CEO's and shareholders.

The other reason it's important is so that we are at minimum kept aligned to inflation. Understandably that's not possible when a company is not doing well but when it is and you're not getting that, they are just giving you a pay cut and keeping the results of your hard work to themselves. What do I expect? A pay rise when possible.
I feel the same. Once upon a time I worked work for a company that didn't deliver profit share or a bonus scheme. I changed that myself by changing companies.

Only you can make that happen.

What point am I missing?
Old Jul 8th 2016, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

I feel the same. Once upon a time I worked work for a company that didn't deliver profit share or a bonus scheme. I changed that myself by changing companies.

Only you can make that happen.

What point am I missing?
The point that it's not actually in your control. You can move job every year to ensure you get the best deal but you'd soon find the offers drying up due to you have no long term commitment in your work history.

Not everyone can move around as frequently either. Plus, companies really don't prioritise keeping talent highly enough.

It is baffling that you think it's all within your and all other employees control. It is not.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 11:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The point that it's not actually in your control. You can move job every year to ensure you get the best deal but you'd soon find the offers drying up due to you have no long term commitment in your work history.

Not everyone can move around as frequently either. Plus, companies really don't prioritise keeping talent highly enough.

It is baffling that you think it's all within your and all other employees control. It is not.
Ok. To a point I get that. Not everyone is built that way.

But should you really be asking the CEO, the guy who is ambitious and built his or her way up through the ranks, for a handout?

Personally I don't think so. Their success is theirs, not yours or mine and its not fair that resentment should play a part of the me me me who freely wants more but cannot get it.

Lets be honest (and no I'm not a CEO of CBA of any other company) we as a society should be helping those who can't help themselves. But we shouldn't be taking from the successful to give to those who do OK or can do better without anything in return. Those priorities, life decisions, and ambitions lie in the hands of the individual.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 11:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Ok. To a point I get that. Not everyone is built that way.

But should you really be asking the CEO, the guy who is ambitious and built his or her way up through the ranks, for a handout?

Personally I don't think so. Their success is theirs, not yours or mine and its not fair that resentment should play a part of the me me me who freely wants more but cannot get it.

Lets be honest (and no I'm not a CEO of CBA of any other company) we as a society should be helping those who can't help themselves. But we shouldn't be taking from the successful to give to those who do OK or can do better without anything in return. Those priorities, life decisions, and ambitions lie in the hands of the individual.
Where you go wrong is that you regard profit sharing or share bonuses for employees as = to a 'handout'. It would appear you don't understand that the CEO of an organisation can foster loyalty, commitment and higher productivity from the work force by making them feel valued and rewarded. The business profits can also increase so that the CEO is in turn better off than he would be by an us and them approach.

John Lewis Partnership is an example of a highly successful, ethical business based on its 69,000 employees being partners in the business and sharing in its success.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 11:50 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

So Labor won only once in the past 20 years. (2010 was hung so it's not counted.)
When KRudd was PM he overstimulated the economy by spending whatever was left from the surpluses. An now we're being threatened by a credit rating downgrade.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 8:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Where you go wrong is that you regard profit sharing or share bonuses for employees as = to a 'handout'. It would appear you don't understand that the CEO of an organisation can foster loyalty, commitment and higher productivity from the work force by making them feel valued and rewarded. The business profits can also increase so that the CEO is in turn better off than he would be by an us and them approach.

John Lewis Partnership is an example of a highly successful, ethical business based on its 69,000 employees being partners in the business and sharing in its success.
Perhaps you should read the whole thread. Post 770 is a good starting point for you Tennis Ace.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 9:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by commonwealth
So Labor won only once in the past 20 years. (2010 was hung so it's not counted.)
When KRudd was PM he overstimulated the economy by spending whatever was left from the surpluses. An now we're being threatened by a credit rating downgrade.
Yep. Prime objective of any government is economic management. Labor's history on that is poor at best. But they will still vote for them.
Old Jul 9th 2016, 12:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis

I happen to agree with both of you on the value the board can show workers but ultimately have to support business.

The dirty deeds of unionists are far worse as they are supposed to protect workers who can't necessarily move around : at least in the private sector and elsewhere in business employees can individually bargain.
Old Jul 9th 2016, 1:04 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
Err, I think you'll find the threatened credit downgrade is as a result of the current coalition government's unwillingness to actually deliver decent economic management and deal with the deficit in a politically acceptable way. That, in S&P's view, is coupled with the likelihood of a weak and unstable future coalition government, meaning even less scope to address it.

Like it or not, the Labor administrations were at least attempting to bring things back into surplus, after the GFC (which you conveniently ignore).

Anyway, these credit reference agency assessment levels have generally be supplanted by more agile and finely tuned metrics for investment decisions. Another thing the GFC demonstrated is you can't trust them (they should have been jailed actually, for fraud).
Old Jul 9th 2016, 1:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I'm fairly ambivelent re Shorten, he does seem to be learning far better on the job than any of his predecessors, all the way back to Keating is the only observation I'll make at this stage.

As for the role of Unions, and bully boy tactics. I'm very surprised at you in particular on this one Badge. There are just as many Bully boys on the other side of the fence, if not more. I don't get the fact that people wont let this one sink into their psyche.

I never needed a union with the Gas and Fuel, they were great employers, or at any Job I had in the UK before migration. However the fact that Post signalled that they wouldn't be letting me take time off, to take part in our home birth for our last child 18 years ago, without booking the exact time months in advance, was the catalyst for me joining the union. Turned out unbeknown to me I was also owed 1,000's in backpay as the local boss was giving me time off in lieu by sending me home early on quiet days v working late on busy days....... and not at time and a half as supposed to with overtime. They also sorted out the leave for our upcoming home birth as well.... all within 5 mins, as opposed to the weeks I'd been trying to get through to my local managers that you cannot schedule a birth... especially a "Natural home birth".... that was unnecessarily very stressful and very much bully boy stuff.

You bet we need unions. There were also a couple of crap part time jobs that I did after the Gas and Fuel and pre Post where Unions were definitely needed... one in particular where you had to put you hand up for permission to go to the toilet and wasn't allowed to talk... that was in data entry.
Hey Ozzie : A good employer would be flexible about birthing arrangements regardless of union control...I'm perhaps too biased. I see the CFMEU is once again in trouble..
Old Jul 9th 2016, 1:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. Prime objective of any government is economic management. Labor's history on that is poor at best. But they will still vote for them.
The prime objective of any government lays within the word. That is to govern. Govern for all not purely manage an economy on the dictate of big business, financial institutions, real estate industry and Murdoch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.