Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Old Jun 21st 2016, 11:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Originally Posted by GarryP
You do remember what the hell was going on then, during the GFC, don't you? It's call stimulus and stopped the country going into a recession. for which he was widely applauded.

Err, once again, that's not building ANYTHING. It's also pretty much not happened either.

You don't have anything, do you?
By the way, whilst a well managed mining sector helped by government who saw the financial benefit to Australia (not doing silly things like a mining tax) helped put Australia in an excellent financial position prior to the GFC.

If you look at the countries that were hit, almost decimated, by the GFC were those countries that we highly in debt. Those that were in suplus and had a good back up plan, cruised through.

It wasn't a few $900 cheques. It was the lead in surplus created by the Libs that did the job.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Still waiting on the ALP's achievements. I see they are taking personal praise for reducing interest rates ...... ho ho ho ..... just like the rest of the world ..... ho ho ho.
I could do that. But as you are on the side of dismantling things like the carbon tax then what is the point? I could say how the ALP had a fantastic NBN product which was in production only for the LNP to send Australia back to the 60th in the world in internet speeds. You'd probably agree with slower internet speeds. There's the NDIS which is building investment for those who cannot work. The regular increase to your employer contribution to your super fund which builds a better future for your retirement. The LNP are stalling on this which is affecting your super.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, whilst a well managed mining sector helped by government who saw the financial benefit to Australia (not doing silly things like a mining tax) helped put Australia in an excellent financial position prior to the GFC.

If you look at the countries that were hit, almost decimated, by the GFC were those countries that we highly in debt. Those that were in suplus and had a good back up plan, cruised through.

It wasn't a few $900 cheques. It was the lead in surplus created by the Libs that did the job.
What was the backup plan?

Also, the mining tax was on super profits which would not affect job growth and was actually written by the mining companies. The mining companies who wanted to hire foreign labour at foreign minimum wage standards.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 11:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
I could do that. But as you are on the side of dismantling things like the carbon tax then what is the point? I could say how the ALP had a fantastic NBN product which was in production only for the LNP to send Australia back to the 60th in the world in internet speeds. You'd probably agree with slower internet speeds. There's the NDIS which is building investment for those who cannot work. The regular increase to your employer contribution to your super fund which builds a better future for your retirement. The LNP are stalling on this which is affecting your super.
You see. This is where the ALP destroy. They want to tax everything rather than grow things which in turn generate revenue. The ALP have no idea how to manage an economy.

Shows again with their current policies. How do you pay for all the promises?
Old Jun 21st 2016, 11:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What was the backup plan?

Also, the mining tax was on super profits which would not affect job growth and was actually written by the mining companies. The mining companies who wanted to hire foreign labour at foreign minimum wage standards.
More ALP destruction.

BTW you can't employ 457's at minimum wage. You have never been able to for a long time.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

More ALP destruction.

BTW you can't employ 457's at minimum wage. You have never been able to for a long time.
I didn't say they did, just that they wanted to. So your reply to a fair tax written by mining companies which was not costing jobs is 'ALP destruction again'? Get a clue mate.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

You see. This is where the ALP destroy. They want to tax everything rather than grow things which in turn generate revenue. The ALP have no idea how to manage an economy.

Shows again with their current policies. How do you pay for all the promises?
Yes you proved my point. You seem to believe you are Tony Abbott from 2012 and have to oppose anything by the ALP.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I didn't say they did, just that they wanted to. So your reply to a fair tax written by mining companies which was not costing jobs is 'ALP destruction again'? Get a clue mate.
Not costing jobs ..... forget that, the mining companies have seen that in the 1000's recently.

The tax didn't raise any revunue. It was a tax poorly implemented and sold on greed for the me me me me's wanting a piece of someone elses pie.

Most of us would prefer a government that created things, or help others to create things, rather than scratching around attempting to steal and pilfer whatever they can.

There's your ALP. Top notch characters.

Last edited by Beoz; Jun 21st 2016 at 12:23 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 12:33 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Err, nope.

The sensible decisions were made by people like the Norwegians, who built a sovereign wealth fund worth $882 billion, by making sure the profits from resources went to Norway, not resource companies.

Whereas Australia didn't do the 'silly thing' and ... well .... what were the profits of the mining companies again ???
Old Jun 21st 2016, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not costing jobs ..... forget that, the mining companies have seen that in the 1000's recently.

The tax didn't raise any revunue. It was a tax poorly implemented and sold on greed for the me me me me's wanting a piece of someone elses pie.

Most of us would prefer a government that created things, or help others to create things, rather than scratching around attempting to steal and pilfer whatever they can.

There's your ALP. Top notch characters.
That tax didn't raise money because of its phase one which allowed mining companies to offset costs against their profits. That was about to end. And if you think Australia is just trying to get a piece of someone else's pie from the mining companies, have a think about what they are mining!!!!

Let's hear more of the great creations of the LNP. You have literally given us nothing.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by GarryP
Err, nope.

The sensible decisions were made by people like the Norwegians, who built a sovereign wealth fund worth $882 billion, by making sure the profits from resources went to Norway, not resource companies.

Whereas Australia didn't do the 'silly thing' and ... well .... what were the profits of the mining companies again ???
Err yes its a fact. Australia made it through the GFC because it was well in surplus, without a mining tax, through excellent promotion of business which in turn allowed revenue raising. Not because some B grade PM gave out cheques to buy TV's.

Why would you actually try and deny that? Oh yes because Labor wouldn't have a clue how to do it.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That tax didn't raise money because of its phase one which allowed mining companies to offset costs against their profits. That was about to end. And if you think Australia is just trying to get a piece of someone else's pie from the mining companies, have a think about what they are mining!!!!

Let's hear more of the great creations of the LNP. You have literally given us nothing.
I have given you a lot.

A bit like Labor, you have failed to give a single thing the ALP have even remotely done. All hot air and lies as usual. Mining Tax that raised no money because it was phase 1. My arse.

Go ahead, vote for the ALP out of spite. I will be voting for the best economic managers and that is not the ALP by a country mile.

Last edited by Beoz; Jun 21st 2016 at 9:52 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have given you a lot.

A bit like Labor, you have failed to give a single thing the ALP have even remotely done. All hot air and kies ad usual. Mining Tax that raised no money because it was phase 1. My arse.

Go ahead, vote for the ALP out of spite. I will be voting for the best economic managers and that is not the ALP by a country mile.
If you know better than prove it. Ha. That tickled me. As if you'd ever accept such a challenge.

You have given nothing. I've already given you three or four. I'm not even an ALP supporter.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Err yes its a fact. Australia made it through the GFC because it was well in surplus, without a mining tax, through excellent promotion of business which in turn allowed revenue raising. Not because some B grade PM gave out cheques to buy TV's.

Why would you actually try and deny that? Oh yes because Labor wouldn't have a clue how to do it.
The surplus had nothing to do with it. If the banks and other industries rolled, the surplus would have been eaten up far too quick to be relevant. The stimulus packages kept the economy ticking. Its easy for you to throw around the TV analogy as if Dick Smith and JB Hifi were the only ones to gain from it. It was put into the pockets of the people who then went and spent it. Business is nothing without paying customers.

Also, as has been pointed out to you already, Costello was already destroying the surplus with tax cuts and superannuation tax breaks for the wealthy.

Not sure why I'm still posting on here in reply to you as you're very much like that Harry Enfield character, Tim Nice but Dim. Not sure about the nice bit though.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 10:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If you know better than prove it. Ha. That tickled me. As if you'd ever accept such a challenge.

You have given nothing. I've already given you three or four. I'm not even an ALP supporter.
You've given absolutely zero.

The ALP give absolutely zero.

You can't even admit you will vote for them like all the left wingers on here.

Thank goodness for the double dissolution. So right. So needed to happen.

I can't even see the ALP coming close. Once you throw all the 2 party preferred votes at the Greens and Ind it should be a good majority for the Libs. I do hope that is right. It would be such a tragedy for Australia if it were any other way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.