Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Old Apr 28th 2016, 4:53 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Quite probably a reason why Danes have yet again ben voted happiest people in the world. Having worked in Denmark, along with three other European countries what is very noticeable compared to Australia , is far greater certainty. Regulations don't tend to change every other year. People have a pension system they can still depend on although age levels to receive such a payment is increasing.

Australia following the rest of the Anglo world is for declining welfare nets while over compensating the rich and corporations.

Even autocratic Singapore, had the nous to provide affordable housing to all their citizens in a country that became unaffordable to buy for most people.
Australia on the other hand is increasingly leaving more people to own devises or with at best minimal support.
We are a very conservative country that doesn't tend to protest too loudly and accept far too readily associated policy accompanying that stance.
The French would be out in the streets refusing to go under.

I'd suggest owning to the nature of the community it is far too soon to bid adieu to such complacency or to an end to people's thoughts that a dramatic change is in order. Something Labor would likely prove wanting in filling.
Interesting theory but fundamentally flawed. Australia is wealthier and healthier than Denmark and our government debt is less. Private debt is in the same ballpark. There's actually not much in it though (apart from the government debt, where theirs is over 3 times what ours is). On happiness, Australia is in the top 10 of the survey that you used. Ultimately though, what I see is 2 very successful countries getting on with life, getting wealthier, happier and healthier. It's all good. You on the other hand, because you hate Australia, see this in a different light

Haters gonna hate

Hope this helps
Old Apr 28th 2016, 5:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Interesting theory but fundamentally flawed. Australia is wealthier and healthier than Denmark and our government debt is less. Private debt is in the same ballpark. There's actually not much in it though (apart from the government debt, where theirs is over 3 times what ours is). On happiness, Australia is in the top 10 of the survey that you used. Ultimately though, what I see is 2 very successful countries getting on with life, getting wealthier, happier and healthier. It's all good. You on the other hand, because you hate Australia, see this in a different light

Haters gonna hate

Hope this helps
Well knowing Australia far longer than you it hurts to see the decline and blow in's applauding it.

Australia's success by many measurements is depleting and life is getting harder and more stressful for many.

Denmark does indeed have a big debt. It has expensive housing as well but the welfare system allows it far more wriggle room than Australia's.
Some neo Lib's in Denmark, would argue too much.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 5:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
The ALP like the trade of people smuggling. Simple as that. Its not even a taxable occupation.
What an outrageous to say the least statement. The answer being pull out of the UNHCR Agreement if no longer wanting to take in asylum seekers, and cease using the present diabolical policy as a political grandstand to appease the bogan vote.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 5:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

What an outrageous to say the least statement. The answer being pull out of the UNHCR Agreement if no longer wanting to take in asylum seekers, and cease using the present diabolical policy as a political grandstand to appease the bogan vote.
Really? Ok

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-29/fact-check-syria-largest-refugee-intake-julie-bishop/6786074

Nice try on the propaganda.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 5:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bcworld
Well where's the analysis and modelling on this? The govt certainly hasn't provided any...just 'common sense'.

We had the Grattan Institute modelling suggesting prices would be 2% lower than they otherwise might be. Put that in the context of the price rises we've seen in Sydney and Melbourne over the last couple of years...it might mean prices rose 19% instead of 20%. Well to be frank, I couldn't care less! When it's time to move up the ladder my house is worth 2% less (but still say 25% more than I paid for it) and so is the one I want to buy!
I'd say a very conservative estimate when houses are in many places 30% or more over priced.

Of course as Thatcher once articulated keeping the electorate in debt, especially associated with property debt, one can do all sorts of irrational things and still keep people in line, with how will I pay my debt off if my collateral value falls.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 6:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You swallow what ever your told fine by me.
Actually I am aware of a refugee agency here in Perth cutting back on staff due to far less money and far less people being brought into WA.

While the 12,000 may be a big boost in numbers in the Australian context it is hardly a dent in international intakes with ever Austria taking in 90,000 last year.
By the way of this 12,000 only around 500 have so far arrived last night I saw figures. All of about 5 to WA.

If you want planned numbers you could do worse than consult Canada and their massive intake, all done without the sensational nonsense and bogan pushing anti refugee agenda all too frequent in Australia.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

You swallow what ever your told fine by me.
Actually I am aware of a refugee agency here in Perth cutting back on staff due to far less money and far less people being brought into WA.

While the 12,000 may be a big boost in numbers in the Australian context it is hardly a dent in international intakes with ever Austria taking in 90,000 last year.
By the way of this 12,000 only around 500 have so far arrived last night I saw figures. All of about 5 to WA.

If you want planned numbers you could do worse than consult Canada and their massive intake, all done without the sensational nonsense and bogan pushing anti refugee agenda all too frequent in Australia.
Refugee Agency in WA????? looks like they've all closed or Google isn't as good as it once was.

Don't you mean Immigration Agency - you know those places that no longer have a place in WA.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 6:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Refugee Agency in WA????? looks like they've all closed or Google isn't as good as it once was.

Don't you mean Immigration Agency - you know those places that no longer have a place in WA.
No I don't mean that at all. Your not in the know so leave it at that. Numbers are down in WA as many of the incomers due to come in will be joining relatives for one thing already in Auburn or Melbourne where by far the majority will be housed.

WA is on record to be accepting 1,000. Little sign of much happening on the home front to date.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No I don't mean that at all. Your not in the know so leave it at that. Numbers are down in WA as many of the incomers due to come in will be joining relatives for one thing already in Auburn or Melbourne where by far the majority will be housed.

WA is on record to be accepting 1,000. Little sign of much happening on the home front to date.
"Leave it at that" - that wouldn't hold up in court.

So if they want to live with relatives in the east then WA needs to bribe them with some incentive.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

"Leave it at that" - that wouldn't hold up in court.

So if they want to live with relatives in the east then WA needs to bribe them with some incentive.

Well I'd hope you'd provide a little more factual account than reproducing government spin in a court of law.
I guess refugee politics like economic matters are just not your forte.
No it is not they want to live with relatives it is a reflection of Australia's policy. A cheaper alternative bringing in those with relatives of course than finding alternative housing. Nothing to do with bribes, it all in selection process.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well I'd hope you'd provide a little more factual account than reproducing government spin in a court of law.
I guess refugee politics like economic matters are just not your forte.
No it is not they want to live with relatives it is a reflection of Australia's policy. A cheaper alternative bringing in those with relatives of course than finding alternative housing. Nothing to do with bribes, it all in selection process.
Factual information and all that? Pot and kettle.

Maybe you would prefer 700 single muslim men who have far greater ability to travel and source illegal people smugglers than women and children?

Would you invite them to stay in your own home?
Old Apr 29th 2016, 2:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Factual information and all that? Pot and kettle.

Maybe you would prefer 700 single muslim men who have far greater ability to travel and source illegal people smugglers than women and children?

Would you invite them to stay in your own home?
Well actually not. You've yet to provide evidence of error in presented post's on the matter. In other words I have a degree knowledge of a subject through direct participation or and research sans the latest official government sound bite, to which you seemingly consider it proper to repeat as evidence to support an ideology you hold.

What I would prefer is an end the this highly despicable affair and Australia accepts responsibility and yes accepts those people as a matter of urgency and not amount up ever greater losses on a failed scheme. The $50 million squandered to house five refugees in Cambodia (of which only two remain) is more than enough.

No doubt these several hundred will cost Australia a lot more in counselling and on going help to assist them in getting over the horrendous conditions they have been forced to succumb to out of political expediency. A true blight on the country.

Don't bring the old chest nut about living in my home. I would certainly prefer many of them as neighbours than some of the one eyed drongos that inhabit particular forums that have evidently had their compassion/humanitarian gene removed at birth.

Another question. Why wouldn't the men leave women and children behind in order to partake such a dangerous and unknown journey?
Bringing kids would surely be marked down as a case as irresponsibility as a parent?
Old Apr 29th 2016, 7:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well actually not. You've yet to provide evidence of error in presented post's on the matter. In other words I have a degree knowledge of a subject through direct participation or and research sans the latest official government sound bite, to which you seemingly consider it proper to repeat as evidence to support an ideology you hold.

What I would prefer is an end the this highly despicable affair and Australia accepts responsibility and yes accepts those people as a matter of urgency and not amount up ever greater losses on a failed scheme. The $50 million squandered to house five refugees in Cambodia (of which only two remain) is more than enough.

No doubt these several hundred will cost Australia a lot more in counselling and on going help to assist them in getting over the horrendous conditions they have been forced to succumb to out of political expediency. A true blight on the country.

Don't bring the old chest nut about living in my home. I would certainly prefer many of them as neighbours than some of the one eyed drongos that inhabit particular forums that have evidently had their compassion/humanitarian gene removed at birth.

Another question. Why wouldn't the men leave women and children behind in order to partake such a dangerous and unknown journey?
Bringing kids would surely be marked down as a case as irresponsibility as a parent?
Ho ho ho. Here it comes from the person who fails time and time again to present their research so it will be worth saying again, you can't be taken seriously.

Hilarious. Typical social democrate. Counting the cost of the now rather than the future. Do you realise what it would take to endlessly patrol, pick up, house, process, re-locate endless streams of refugees? Current measures are small time costs in comparison.

Why do men leave behind their families? Simple. They are economic migrants, not migrants who families have been displaced. Displaced families don't remain at home. Get it?
Old May 2nd 2016, 1:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ho ho ho. Here it comes from the person who fails time and time again to present their research so it will be worth saying again, you can't be taken seriously.

Hilarious. Typical social democrate. Counting the cost of the now rather than the future. Do you realise what it would take to endlessly patrol, pick up, house, process, re-locate endless streams of refugees? Current measures are small time costs in comparison.

Why do men leave behind their families? Simple. They are economic migrants, not migrants who families have been displaced. Displaced families don't remain at home. Get it?

So what you refer to as research being a link to party politics presented by the government. Do you seriously consider that research? Or allowing for informed debate? I suppose you do which is why your arguments go nowhere.

You could of course on the other hand prove just once, a stance of mine is wrong. I don't give links as if I don't know what I refer to I refrain from comment. Or at the very least will state it merely an opinion.

We are not required to ,lose sight of our humanity, while seeking out a solution to a problem at hand.

The situation in off shore detention is clearly untenable and creating un necessary suffering on people whom at the end of the day have committed no crime.

Another topic you are not au fait with and no one rules apply. As I mentioned they would be damned if they brought their families and damned if they don't.
You probably are not aware but many families have fled to other destinations outside their countries as well. It is a far from clear picture with of course any number taking advantage of a particular situation as well.

But the subject here is the closing of the off shore detention and Australia accepting responsibility of it's dirty laundry. Not to say cease wasting tax payers money.
The offer by New Zealand to accept 150 should be accepted and time now to move on.
Old May 2nd 2016, 3:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

But the subject here is the closing of the off shore detention and Australia accepting responsibility of it's dirty laundry. Not to say cease wasting tax payers money.
That's your subject. Not the subject of most based on the last election.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.