Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Brittany Higgins and Grace Tame

Brittany Higgins and Grace Tame

Old Feb 8th 2022, 1:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brittany Higgins and Grace Tame

I may be tone deaf, or missing some big news, but whats the crack with these two and their targetted approach on Scomo? I asked my wife, a woman, and she hasn't a clue what Scomo has done wrong.

It is indeed unfortunate that anyone would suffer rape, but for Grace Tame, her perpetrator has been convicted, and for Brittany Higgins, the person she "alleges" is awaiting trial.

What has Scomo got to do with all this?
Old Feb 8th 2022, 7:32 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brittany Higgins and Grace Tame

Originally Posted by Beoz
I may be tone deaf, or missing some big news, but whats the crack with these two and their targetted approach on Scomo? I asked my wife, a woman, and she hasn't a clue what Scomo has done wrong.

It is indeed unfortunate that anyone would suffer rape, but for Grace Tame, her perpetrator has been convicted, and for Brittany Higgins, the person she "alleges" is awaiting trial.

Grace Tame is batshit crazy
ScoMo is a convenient punching bag. According to these women, all conservatives are evil
Old Feb 8th 2022, 7:39 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what the targeted approach is, but isn't the apology related to the culture unearthed that was allowing bullying and sexual harassment to go unchecked in parliament, and made to all victims (not just Brittany Higgins).

This needs to be acted on - as it would in any other workplace.
Old Feb 8th 2022, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Retirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond repute

Have you been ‘off planet’ for a year or so?
Old Feb 8th 2022, 9:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Not sure what the targeted approach is, but isn't the apology related to the culture unearthed that was allowing bullying and sexual harassment to go unchecked in parliament, and made to all victims (not just Brittany Higgins).

This needs to be acted on - as it would in any other workplace.
Ok. In reflection maybe not Brittney Higgins but Grace Tame certainly does, even on Twitter yesterday.

Bullying and sexual harassment occurs in every workplace, you are right, but not sure what directly this has to do with Scomo.

On top of that, we don't even know if Bittany Higgins was sexually harassed or abused. It's awaiting trial in June, and may not even get to court given the case has been tainted by Scomo and Albo yesterday in parliament. The accused has no chance of a fair hearing now. The accused lawyers will have a field day on this one.
Old Feb 8th 2022, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Grace Tame is batshit crazy
ScoMo is a convenient punching bag. According to these women, all conservatives are evil
It's sad what happen to her, but yep she's lost my respect. Not good for the cause she is trying to represent.
Old Feb 9th 2022, 8:27 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

...Bullying and sexual harassment occurs in every workplace, you are right, but not sure what directly this has to do with Scomo......
No it doesn't as all employers have policies and processes in place - and even anonymous reporting.

Bullying and sexual harassment should not be occurring - if they are happening to you or someone you know, then report it. Neither have any place in the work place - nor should they - and no-one should tolerate abuse at any level!

As for Scomo, and all other leaders - it is their responsibility to set the standards for parliament, political party, etc - and to be held accountable when they fail their employees.
Old Feb 9th 2022, 9:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
No it doesn't as all employers have policies and processes in place - and even anonymous reporting.

Bullying and sexual harassment should not be occurring - if they are happening to you or someone you know, then report it. Neither have any place in the work place - nor should they - and no-one should tolerate abuse at any level!

As for Scomo, and all other leaders - it is their responsibility to set the standards for parliament, political party, etc - and to be held accountable when they fail their employees.
HR deals the harassment and bullying in any company or organisation large enough to have a HR dept. Not the CEO. I assume parliament is big enough to have this type of department? If not then that's something they need to put in place. The CEO nor the Prime Minister has a dedicated skill set to deal with such things. Needs an expert.

Higgins is claiming rape. Are you suggesting Scomo has not set the standards here. Ie he is a sexual abuser? That's a big call.

Today Grace Tame claimed a bombshell that she was threatened by someone not to target Scott Morrison, back in August. Back in August - why so quiet for 7 months? 7 months of nothing. Was she short of stories for her presser today? Yes I am claiming she made it up. Grace Tame doesn't keep stuff like that quiet for 7 months. She wouldn't even name the source. She's on Albo's books for sure. In her words "there's an election coming up".
Old Feb 10th 2022, 12:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

On top of that, we don't even know if Bittany Higgins was sexually harassed or abused. It's awaiting trial in June, and may not even get to court given the case has been tainted by Scomo and Albo yesterday in parliament. The accused has no chance of a fair hearing now. The accused lawyers will have a field day on this one.
OK here we go.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...4d8c50f97ab63d

I wonder if Scomo thought this would be the best way to stop this distraction.
Old Feb 16th 2022, 7:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Scomo is the worst PM we have seen for ages.

Biggest bully, gaslighter, deflector, laziest and incompetent PM I have ever seen. He takes all the tricks to new heights and doesn't even care.
It's like he gets up in the morning and finds a new play from his well-thumbed book. He sees himself as a front man, nothing else.

His comment 'you take a crack at me you take a crack at all Australians' shows you how daggy he is and what he thinks of us all.

Old Feb 16th 2022, 11:59 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

Biggest bully, gaslighter, deflector, laziest and incompetent PM I have ever seen. He takes all the tricks to new heights and doesn't even care.
It's like he gets up in the morning and finds a new play from his well-thumbed book. He sees himself as a front man, nothing else.

His comment 'you take a crack at me you take a crack at all Australians' shows you how daggy he is and what he thinks of us all.
Nope. He's not the best that's for sure, but the worst PM we've had since I've been here, hands down, is Kevin Rudd. That Australia-hating, sociialist prick smashed this country back by a decade. Much of what ails Australia today is his fault. When he pops up on TV or radio today, spouting his pearls of wisdom, I change stations

The best was John Howard - but Australia wanted change - and, oh boy, 'change' is what we got!
Old Feb 16th 2022, 9:57 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Nope. He's not the best that's for sure, but the worst PM we've had since I've been here, hands down, is Kevin Rudd. That Australia-hating, sociialist prick smashed this country back by a decade. Much of what ails Australia today is his fault. When he pops up on TV or radio today, spouting his pearls of wisdom, I change stations
But he gave all the school nice sports halls they didn't need, and for only double the cost
Old Feb 17th 2022, 3:50 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by themerlin
But he gave all the school nice sports halls they didn't need, and for only double the cost
Yep, and don't forget pinkbats too - how many young men died in that fiasco? And boats

Saying that, I do kind of understand where Labor were coming from with those episodes - it was pure Keynsian economics, which is a fairly good idea when the economy runs into trouble. It's just that it was poorly implemented. My son's private school got the same amount of money as state schools but how they implemented it was the problem. Our school managed it themselves and built a very nice library. The state school down the road had their money managed by the state government, and got a small school hall. This was at a time when builders were desperate for work and had lowered their prices. Governments are incapable of managing costs, economies of scale, red tape etc. This is a problem all over the world though - as you see with the NHS in the UK for example

Rudd was a disaster for Australia
Old Feb 17th 2022, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

The best was John Howard - but Australia wanted change - and, oh boy, 'change' is what we got!
John Howard was the main PM when we lived in Australia and gave me back some confidence in government, personally thought the wheels started to “come off” with Julia Gillard (I think that’s what she is called …some might say otherwise lol) Looking in from the outside it does not look like Australia is doing badly but unless you actually live there you can never truly know listening to Euro news last night the PM’s of NZ and Canada were getting a “bashing”
Old Feb 17th 2022, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

He's a daggy dad, no doubt. The right way to described him is a season politician. Very very experienced in the art of playing politics. Is that a good thing? Well you can listen to the art of that or the womanising pisshead Albo slurring his words.

However you said lazy and that he is not. In fact probably the hardest working politician you will ever find Therefore the rest of the adjectives become mute.

He's not the best PM we've had but you would have to go back to Bob Hawke before you found a better Labor PM.

Australia continues to do very well so no need for risking change badly like they did with John Howard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.