Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

long stay travel insurance

long stay travel insurance

Old Nov 5th 2009, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

floweryflorrie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question long stay travel insurance

looking for advice...I am 61 , retired and I visit my family in Victoria for 6 months and then return to UK for up to 6 months and then back to Australia etc...I am unable to take out Travel Insurance using my normal company because they say I'm not classed as resident as I have only been in UK since June 5th 2009.(i.e not 6 months) I leave on November 22nd and return on May 19th, ..can anyone put me onto a company that I could use for ticket cancellation and emergency health insurance, I have reciprocal Medicare card for every day type medical but worry about paying for ambulance or hospital/repatriation ..thanks in advance
Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: long stay travel insurance

Have you looked at BUPA, SAGA and the Post Office. These are the usual places I try when getting insurance for MIL who is in her 70's.