Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Benefits Street on 4oD

Benefits Street on 4oD

Old Jan 25th 2014, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Benefits Street on 4oD

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
So Chris's opinion is 'crap' and yet yours is 'fact'?

Wasn't the news this week full of how crime is at it's lowest level for 30+ years? Not sure why your 'facts' are the exact opposite of all the statistics? Perhaps they're not actually 'facts' after all, and just your opinion? Which you're more than entitled to air, but stating it as fact is disingenuous at best.

No, again, it's your opinion. You don't seem to know the difference between your opinion and a fact, which is most peculiar.

My opinion is that the UK isn't in a mess. But I'm lucky enough to live in a lovely part of it, and don't recognise your description of it. Particularly your sweeping statements about all UK schools being awful, which is odd as my children's school is beyond amazing.

You are welcome to your opinion, but please stop with the sweeping statements about the UK. Unless you've lived in every village/town/city/county, you can't state as one of your 'facts' that the whole of the UK is the same.

I'm not normally as Aussie forum goer, but I was gobsmacked at your generalisations and the aggression you've shown to anybody with a different view of the UK to you. I wish you the best of luck in Oz and hope you find what you're looking for there.

Where did I show any aggression at all? I am the most least aggressive person you could ever meet.

It's funny isn't it how a certain 'bunch' are attacking me just because they don't like MY opinion. But yet I have been diplomatic through out, I understand that people have their own opinions and I don't have a problem with that but yet that certain 'bunch' do and have let me know it. I just took it on the chin.

And by the way, my opinion is fact, I have seen it with my own eyes. If you took time to read my posts it explains. But no, you just jumped on the band wagon.

You don't wish me the best of luck in Oz at all, you're just saying that because you are a mod and you thought you had better end your post with a 'nice' ending so it didn't look like you were joining in with the 'bunch', I'm not stupid, far from it.

Sue can you please close my account. Thank you
Old Jan 25th 2014, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Paulry, Amazulu, Old Sparkles, all the best to you! X

Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 25th 2014, 6:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
Where did I show any aggression at all?
You don't think telling somebody to 'grow up' and that they 'talk crap', just because their opinion differs from yours, is aggressive? Nobody else has resorted to saying things like that and I personally think that's aggressive.

It's funny isn't it how a certain 'bunch' are attacking me just because they don't like MY opinion.
Nobody has attacked you, they've disagreed with you - there's a difference. And it wasn't really your opinion they were questioning, it was that you were presenting your opinion as 'fact'.

And by the way, my opinion is fact, I have seen it with my own eyes.
Clearly, your definition of 'fact' differs from everybody else's. You seeing something and then having a view on it is called an opinion! The stats are what facts are based on, and they differ from your view by quite some margin.

You don't wish me the best of luck in Oz at all, you're just saying that because you are a mod and you thought you had better end your post with a 'nice' ending so it didn't look like you were joining in with the 'bunch', I'm not stupid, far from it.
Being a mod means banning spammers and making sure people stick to the site rules - we're not required to be 'nice' and we are allowed opinions! As for joining in with the 'bunch', as said above I don't normally post in the Oz forums so have no idea who Chris, or any of the others are. I just happened to find your sweeping statements ridiculous, and felt the need to comment. But I still wish you luck, and hope you can find positivity in your new life in Australia.

You'll need to message Sue directly, once you've not posted or logged on to the forum for a week then she'll do it for you. Alternatively, just stop posting if you don't want to be a BE member anymore.

Old Jan 25th 2014, 8:52 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Where did I show any aggression at all? I am the most least aggressive person you could ever meet.

It's funny isn't it how a certain 'bunch' are attacking me just because they don't like MY opinion. But yet I have been diplomatic through out, I understand that people have their own opinions and I don't have a problem with that but yet that certain 'bunch' do and have let me know it. I just took it on the chin.

And by the way, my opinion is fact, I have seen it with my own eyes. If you took time to read my posts it explains. But no, you just jumped on the band wagon.

I didn't see any aggression in your posts.

Molly, don't be so fast to throw the towel in following this disagreement. You have now met those who subscribe to Chris's view on reality which frankly is like something out of a Scooby Doo show. He thinks he hates Australia and has gone back to Britain to live but mark my words, he'll be back in Australia with his tail between his legs before long. That's why he can't quite let go the place - as demonstrated by his presence on the Australian boards of BE.

Welcome to BE! Just laugh and enjoy and stay true to your view.
Old Jan 25th 2014, 9:42 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry

You have now met those who subscribe to Chris's view on reality which frankly is like something out of a Scooby Doo show.
are you including me in that?
Just because you lived in a crap part of the UK don't assume that everyone does.

Your views on life are hardly what I would call realistic
Old Jan 25th 2014, 10:13 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
are you including me in that?
Just because you lived in a crap part of the UK don't assume that everyone does.

Your views on life are hardly what I would call realistic
You don't subscribe to Chris's view on reality? And there's me thinking you were dying to join Chris in his bolthole of loveliness

When are you off on your next cashed up holiday view of the UK?
Old Jan 25th 2014, 10:33 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

You don't subscribe to Chris's view on reality? And there's me thinking you were dying to join Chris in his bolthole of loveliness

When are you off on your next cashed up holiday view of the UK?
I will probably return there later this year....to my own bolt hole of loveliness.

....what is this focus you have on money?

....I thought you right wing 'capitalists' celebrated wealth
Old Jan 25th 2014, 10:53 pm
Banned

I will probably return there later this year....to my own bolt hole of loveliness.

....what is this focus you have on money?

Enjoy your time there

You are the one who has often repeated how cashed up you are. What I'm saying is your cash will shield you from crap parts of the UK. "I'm alright Jack" and all that, huh?
Old Jan 25th 2014, 10:58 pm
Bitter and twisted

What I'm saying is your cash will shield you from crap parts of the UK. "I'm alright Jack" and all that, huh?
Works for me.....and I will be living there
Old Jan 25th 2014, 11:17 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

as you are one of us, so do you!

Happy Australia Day G
Old Jan 26th 2014, 5:52 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Molly, don't be so fast to throw the towel in following this disagreement. You have now met those who subscribe to Chris's view on reality which frankly is like something out of a Scooby Doo show. He thinks he hates Australia and has gone back to Britain to live but mark my words, he'll be back in Australia with his tail between his legs before long. That's why he can't quite let go the place - as demonstrated by his presence on the Australian boards of BE.

You dont see the irony? You criticising someones view on reality when your grip on it is tenuous at best
Old Jan 26th 2014, 5:54 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy your time there

You are the one who has often repeated how cashed up you are. What I'm saying is your cash will shield you from crap parts of the UK. "I'm alright Jack" and all that, huh?
Its no different than being shielded from the crap parts of Australia or indeed anywhere.
Old Jan 26th 2014, 8:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are lucky enough to live in midsomer then your view of England will be wonderful albeit dangerous. If you were brought up on a council estate packed with druggies and ne'er do wells, you'll think it's a shit hole.

whether your specs are rose tinted or shit stained most people own a pair
Old Jan 26th 2014, 8:40 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
If you are lucky enough to live in midsomer then your view of England will be wonderful albeit dangerous. If you were brought up on a council estate packed with druggies and ne'er do wells, you'll think it's a shit hole.

whether your specs are rose tinted or shit stained most people own a pair
Same applies to Australia
Old Jan 26th 2014, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

It's a bit late my friend! I handed my notice in yesterdayI was that naffed off at the time!

Anyway I think I have a week, so I better use it constructively

By the way how is the juicing going? Are you still doing it? Come on be
honest?

P.S Thanks for the welcome!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.